YourLink Inc. (a subsidiary of Vecima Networks Inc.) is Saskatchewan’s largest provider of high-speed wireless Internet solutions to rural and remote communities. YourLink’s Saskatchewan wireless broadband network provides high-speed internet service to nearly 10,000 subscribers in several communities and rural regions in Saskatchewan.
YourLink Inc. is seeking an individual to work in its networking department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring network devices for outages, creating outage reports to further the resolution process and assisting in the provisioning and design of new network deployments. Support of field technicians will also be a primary role - assisting with and troubleshooting new installations.
Duties to include: (but not limited to)
- Assist installation technicians with new installations
- Strong experience with routing protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Strong experience working with Cisco IOS
- Provide troubleshooting support for installation technicians
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IP networks
- Some knowledge of RF theory and design
- Experience with network monitoring tools and SNMP
- Valid CCNA certification
- Valid CCNP preferred
- 3-5 years networking experience
If you have the following:
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks such as Cisco routers
- Prior experience managing networks or network personnel
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong skills in networking essential including BGP and OSPF
- Knowledge of Cisco equipment essential
*We offer an entrepreneurial environment with a short chain of command, rapid
response to problems and ideas.*
Our aim is to grow our business dramatically over the next few years.
Criminal Background Checks will be required upon accepting employment with YourLink Inc. YourLink Inc. will reimburse the full amount upon acceptance of the Criminal Background Check.
YourLink Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Network Administrator, we want to hear from you! To apply, please direct your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to the contact below.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
- Marks (for recent graduates)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.