YourLink Inc. (a subsidiary of Vecima Networks Inc.) is a provider of Telecommunications including HD and Analog Cable TV, Cable Internet and Home Telephone solutions. Located in the heart of British Columbia, surrounded by forests, lakes, creeks, and rivers, our Vanderhoof location is geographically, the centre of British Columbia. With outdoor adventure, including 100 local lakes, hiking, waterfalls, viewpoints, and the Kenney Dam, Vanderhoof is a relaxing town, plentiful in culture, history, resources, and recreation that offers something for everyone.
YourLink is seeking a Maintenance Technician with a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and a positive attitude who is able to operate effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment in order to bring the best possible services to our newest customers.
*Duties to include:
(but not limited to)*
- Respond to customer reported issues involving analog and digitally delivered services
- Diagnose and repair simple to medium trunk and distribution issues
- Detect, diagnose and correct reported issues affecting the services of our customers
- Respond to outages independently or in addition to other technical staff
- Operate test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fibre systems including system analyzers, 2-way sweep, field strength meters
- Respond to customer service issues on an on-call/callout basis
- Work remotely with the IT department in order to co-resolve area issues
- Work together with other technical staff as needed to ensure the correction of customer problems in an effective and timely manner
- Maintain accurate system records and support documentation regarding all work orders
- Promote a positive image of YourLink, our products and services
- Respond to all types of customer escalated calls and follow through to resolution
- Various other duties as needed
- 3-5 years experience as a Technician in the telecommunications field or an equivalent level of relevant
- Basic Headend and mainline knowledge with troubleshooting skills
- Fully competent using all functionality of signal/QAM analysis meters
- Strong commitment to quality control and workmanship practices
- Competent knowledge in system analysis tools
- Solid understanding of personal computers and familiarity with the Internet is an asset
- Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 - 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics
- Able to complete routine tasks independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
Criminal Background Checks will be required upon accepting employment with YourLink Inc. YourLink will reimburse the full amount upon acceptance of the Criminal Background Check.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment with a short chain of command, rapid response to problems and ideas. Our aim is to grow our business dramatically over the next few years.
YourLink Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as Maintenance Technician, we want to hear from you! To apply, please direct your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to the contact below.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.