Vecima Networks Inc. is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products, employing approximately 600 people.
Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, and Broadband Internet service in over 30 countries.
The International Trade – Transportation Manager will lead the company’s process for the planning, execution and monitoring of Vecima’s international trade regulation compliance programme. Additional duties are related to transportation management, in-bound and out-bound, as well as carrier selection, invoice monitoring, and competitive comparisons.
- Experience with international trade rules and regulations such as tarrifs, EAR, C-TPAT, PIP, HS codes, ISPM 15.
- Knowledge and experience in the transport in-bound and outbound including carrier selection, incoterms, etc.
- Good leadership, planning and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Preference will be given to individuals possessing post-secondary education or with significant previous experience.
Duties and Accountabilities:
(but not limited to)
- Document the control framework including control procedures and test plans
- Identify risks, set priorities, formulate and execute plans to reduce risk
- Educate various company personnel with respect to information pertinent to their job functions
- Work with Sales to identify regulations for new markets, assessing risks and opportunities
- Audit company activities to assess level of compliance
- Identify deficiencies and manage remediation plans
- Resolve compliance deficiencies
- Report on compliance initiatives
- Carrier selection, quotations, performance monitoring.
- Guidance in use of appropriate incoterms.
- Optimization of transportation costs.
- Represent the Company in interactions with government trade/border agencies.
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc. Vecima Networks will reimburse the full cost of the Criminal Background Check upon acceptance of the content.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as an International Trade – Transportation Manager, we want to hear from you! To apply, please direct your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to the contact below.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.