Position Title: Hotel Valet Attendants
Job Status: Full Time Positions
Property Name: Varscona & Metterra Hotels on Whyte
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting To: Front Office Manager
The Hotel Valet Attendant is a front line professional that welcomes guests to the hotel and is primarily responsibility to park and retrieve guest vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assist guests with luggage; including delivery and pickup of guest luggage during arrival and departure. They are responsible for providing exceptional hospitality services to guests.
- Greet guests curbside upon arrival and assist with opening of vehicle/building doors as required.
- Assist with luggage to the guest’s room as required and at check out.
- Assess and document any vehicle damage prior to taking possession of the any vehicle.
- Park guest vehicles within the designated hotel parkade or parking lot.
- Maintain traffic control ensuring all hotel traffic lanes in front of hotel are kept clear.
- Report any guest incidents, accidents or deficiencies immediately to management.
- Make customer service, care and satisfaction the priority in every interaction.
- Serve as the hotel liaison with hotel and non-hotel attractions, facilities, services, and activities.
- Assist with directions or map information for guests that are new to town.
- Handle guest inquiries or concerns.
- Be knowledgeable of the days’ activities in the hotel.
- Keep the lobby and valet/bell storage clean and orderly.
- Responsible for general cleaning in public areas in front of the hotel.
- Work closely with all members of the Front Desk Team, communicating necessary information.
- Be familiar with hotel emergency procedures including fire alarms, medical emergencies etc.
- May be assigned other guest services related duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and provide a current safe Driving Record.
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to drive automatic and manual shift vehicles.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Must be able to lift and/or move heavy luggage.
- Working flexible schedules including shift work, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Security Clearance is required prior to offer of employment.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values;
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Hourly Wage: $13.00/per hour plus tips
Indeed - 10 months ago
Varscona and Metterra Hotels on Whyte are committed to creating inspired memories for our guests and associates in unique and sustainable...