VANS

VANS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent atomosphere, great co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 16, 2012
So far I really like working here! It's a great atmosphere and I enjoy the store, the product, and the customers!
Fun, Lively Workplace
Floor Supervisor/ 2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TXAugust 5, 2012
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: short breaks, mall environment
wonderful managers, understanding and helpful.
Honed my sales skills, learned tips for training sales associates.
farely simple work environment, punctual employees, all hardworking with excellent customer service.
fun environment
Customer Service/Sales/Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2012
I can honestly say, that i have never enjoyed coming to work more than i did while i worked at VANS! Although it is a sales based retail environment, we were encouraged to be relaxed and to have fun. Management was always helpful, and even joked around along with the rest of the staff. I absolutely loved my coworkers! The hardest part of the job was – more... dealing with not-so-friendly customers...but that is to be expected in retail. Overall, it was one of the most enjoyable work experiences i have had to date. – less
fun workers with lousy managment
Manager in training (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 2, 2012
Pros: good discount
Cons: low pay, bad management
i would run the register and handle any other projects that were thrown my way from taking out the trash to changing end caps. i learned how to deal better with unhappy customers. The manager was a nice guy but lacked the experience you expect from a manager. He was friendly, but he did not have control over some of the other employees.
Fun job
Cashier/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2012
Fun job, great discount, and really nice people. Don't give enough hours but it is at the mall.
Fun and busy paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 29, 2012
A good and fun job,just to low of pay. I can woek my way up,layed back but fun ataff to be around.
Busy and Chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 14, 2012
Pros: discount
Cons: low pay
Working at the vans store was a good experience. The managers were cool. It was only the District or Store managers that people were worried about. The hardest part of this job was remembering the many shoes to get for each customer. The most enjoyable part was that the employees were chill and the discount was incredible.
Awesome place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 14, 2012
Loved working here. Great for young people, good vibes as soon as you walk in. All my managers where so cool and if you like the shoes you get a sweet discount!
good friendly enviorment
, Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMay 17, 2012
very repetitive day. short hours time flies with the right team
Very fun fast paced enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 16, 2012
All the people are very down to earth, there is uaually no drama. Everybody is about getting there work done, and pleaseing the customers needs. Then when there is nothing to do, We clean and organize as a team.
Own your business
Store Manager (Area Manager) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMay 11, 2012
Action Sports Industry is great. Culture and people are what makes that industry.
Fun job but little room for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 7, 2012
Pros: half off discount
Cons: no water fountain, not enough working hours
I like the workplace but there's little room for advancement and they pretty well refuse to give anyone hours aside from managers so it's definitely not a job to rely on as far as paying bills are concerned.
Fast paced environment with lots of moving and opportunities to help others.
Sales associate (Current Employee), Vacaville, caMarch 8, 2012
Pros: discount on shoes and clothing.
Cons: some days are very slow paced which can get boring
There are slow and fast days, depending on the week. Every day however, there is much to accomplishment during a shift whether it be cleaning, replenishing, or organizing. There's always opportunity to show hard work and gain recognition from others in order to someday grow in the company. And everyday is always about helping and doing what;s best for – more... the customer. – less
Amazing company
sales rep (Former Employee), Edison NJMarch 1, 2012
i loved working at vans, i learned so much and had a wonderful time when i helped out guests and co workers
Fun place to spred knowledge and sell the products I enjoy daily.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Tukwila, WaJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: discounts on products.
Cons: lack of hours.
Responsible for maintaining outstading customer service for company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
fun work place people are friendly
sales associate (Current Employee), modestoJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: people are friendly
Cons: short breaks not enough hours
it is a very good work place very fun they make u feel welcome hour aint to much wish i can get more
Productive and fun workplace.
Team Lead/Sales Associate (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 8, 2011
Pros: small store, allows us to work closely as a team.
Cons: not many hours given out, even at a supervisor position.
I did not know much about VANS until I was employed by the company,but I was pleasantly surprised that the corporate office really cares about the product they are selling to their customers and would like to know more about what the customer is looking for in VANS shoes.
ambiente de trabajo agradable
Vendedor (Former Employee), MadridJanuary 27, 2014
Buena jornada laboral,horarios compatibles,se aprende muchas cosas, tecnicas de atendimento al cliente, arreglar y colocar la tienda ,buenos compañeros de trabajo.
legal
cobradora (Current Employee), Itaituba, PAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: não
Cons: nao
não tinha muita organização, alem de trabalhar demas o salário era muito pouco.
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Venedora (Former Employee), Zapopan, JALOctober 30, 2013
Pros: seguro de gastos medicos, cuenta de ahorro, vales de despensa.
Cons: día de descanso sólo de lunes a jueves.
Es un ambiente relajado, siempre trabajando en equipo y apoyandonos como familia. El trato con los compañeros siempre muy respetuoso pero sin poder evitar hacer amigos. Enseñandonos unos a otros tips para vender mejor, ayudarnos en todo lo que fuera posible. Cuando la meta del mes era muy elevada , en ocasiones procurabamos comer en menos tiempo, estar – more... siempre al cien y con la mejor actitud para transmitir al cliente esa energía y esa experiencia en la tienda. – less

About VANS

The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion – Read more