Vanier College Employee Reviews

Viewing my mother tongue from a different perspective
Mandarin Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC20 July 2017
I was born in China and grew up speaking Chinese. Therefore, Chinese is my mother tongue. The February 2016 would be a great step in my life; I received a job offer as a Mandarin tutor from the Languages & Cultures department at Vanier College. Now, I tutored already Mandarin three semesters and taught four different people. This experience permitted me to examine Mandarin from a different perspective; that of a non-Chinese trying to learn this unique language. I discovered that Mandarin is a very hard language, but nevertheless original and fun. The different nationalities and personalities of my tuttees permitted me to compare mandarin with other languages and to approach Chinese cultures from different angles. In conclusion, being a Mandarin tutor would help me greatly to become a good pedagogue.
Fun and productive.
Volunteering for Robotics Competition (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
It was fun because I working with many volunteers who are also students. The social aspect of it really made it enjoyable. Making sure the place was clean was probably the hardest thing to do, because of the amount of snacks people bring.
Amazing
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
I worked as a camp counsellor and I can say that the environment is very joyful and fun! Loved seeing all the camps and feeling like a family! Its my second home
Good School
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 May 2017
I enjoy my business program because i know this is what i want to pursue later on in my life. Its exciting to learn about what I'm going to use when I'm working in marketing.
Very good work place.
Part of insider staff (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
I would start in the morning every weekend and do the dishes, then I would prepare all the meals and then bring them upstairs where they would be served.
Fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
Great working environment. Very kind and supportive supervisors. Different benefits. Very flexible hours. Employees are treated with respect. Great salary.
Great environment with productive and fun workplace
English Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sainte-croix, QC19 December 2016
A great job with routine activities including speaking one on one with tutees and going over essay rules, English grammar, speaking skills, etc.
Post Office
Sales representative for student agenda (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2016
it's a different work environment. Work at under pressure of giving the right service, met new people. great clients, some are frustrated
Pros
employee discount
Cons
I like the volunteer environment at school.
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2016
It's a non-profit volunteer work that I did. I was not paid for helping around.

I simply make sure that the people with "down" syndrome do their daily tasks according to expectations. Everyone is nice and friendly, I always go there with a smile on my face, for they are happy to see me as much as I am happy to see them.

I volunteered with other students there, all for free.

I learned to be more visual, for I need to make sure that they do their work properly. I need to be patient because it is not always easy to come to an understanding with people with "down" syndrome, it also happens that you have to ask them to repeat themselves multiple times what they have previously said.
Pros
Very flexible time.
Fun
Peer Tutoring program and Studio Arts Tutor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2015
It was a great environment and liked the tutoring program. Tutoring has been my thing and enjoyed this job alot.

Still working here
Best job I ever had
Aide de bureau (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC19 January 2015
I was a phone representative for the student helpline during registration periods. Every day would start at 8:30am and would entail answering the phone all day answering questions that students would have about registration and helping them learn the Cegep system. Absolutely loved this job, and the people I worked with.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Productive and fun
Student Assiciation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2014
A friendly place to help students. planning social and cultural and informative events.
Office work
I.T Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2014
-Help with computer lab related problems
-Helpful and nice employees
-Enjoyable atmosphere
-Well paying
Volunteering for special needs adults
Volunteer For Special Needs (Current Employee) –  St. Laurent Quebec5 August 2013
Volunteering for special needs adults was a great experience, I was a volunteer that came to see the adults two days a week and my goal was to get to know them, feed them healthy snacks during snack time, get to know them better and have conversations and participate in their daily activities, the most enjoyable part of volunteering was to get to know each and every one of them! They all have different personalities and they are all great people! I love participated in arts and craft, dancing, movies, singing, and even eating with them during lunchtime! All volunteers were phenomenal, they are all loving people who had big hearts and loved to help others!
Pros
Help your social life, certification for volunteering, credit on college diploma, starting new friendships
Fun College to be a lifeguard at
Lifeguard / Aquatics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc6 December 2012
Vanier was a blast when I was younger. I worked weekends and had a lot of fun. The staff is all college students and the swimmers are also college students, which makes for fun times. There was no career path there, it was just a part time job.