Vanier College is a publicly-funded English language CEGEP located in Montreal, in the borough of Ville Saint-Laurent. Vanier College opened its doors in 1970 and offers full time pre-university programs and technical career programs, as well as programs in the Continuing Education Department. Today, the student population numbers over 6,700 full-time Diploma students with an additional 2,000 students attending through the Continuing Education Department.
Vanier College is currently seeking the services of a STUDENT LIFE COORDINATOR.
In a context of restructuring and reporting to the Director of Services for Students, the Student Life Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organization, coordination, control and evaluation of all college wide activities and programs under the following sectors of Services for Students:
- Department of Athletics : Intercollegiate sports and Intramural activities
- Aquatic Programs
- Support for the Physical Education Department (Credited courses)
- Athletic Therapy Clinic
- Acts as a liaison with Supercamp
- Student Development and Activities
- Socio-cultural activities
- Student activities and projects
- Aboriginal Students and Multicultural activities
- Manages the Vanier Bookstore;
- Manages relations with the Cafeteria Service Provider and the Vanier Coop Student Café;
- Prepares reports and recommendation aimed at improving services offered to students;
- Supervises the work of the employees in these sectors;
- Manages the budgets of these sectors;
- Represents Services for Students on various College committees;
- Bachelor Degree in Administration or a related field
- 5 year experience in Student Services
- Management Experience in a unionized environment would be an important asset
- Excellent French and English oral and written communication skills (to be tested)
- Knowledge of the CEGEP system
- Solutions and results-based leadership
- Excellent human relations skills and customer service oriented
- Experience in change management
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several dossiers simultaneously
8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday with the possibility of having to work on certain weekends
Cadre 6 (66 243$-88 324$ annually)
How to apply:
Online applications only.
Please visit www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/human-resources/jobs to apply by September 4, 2014
Applications by mail, email and fax will not be accepted.
We thank all candidates who will submit their resume for consideration; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with its Employment Equity Policy and the Quebec government’s Equity law, Vanier College encourages applications from qualified men and women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal and persons with disabilities. If you wish to do so, you are invited to indicate whether you are a member of one of the above groups.