Vanier College is a publicly-funded English language CEGEP located in Montreal, in the borough of Ville Saint-Laurent. Vanier College opened its doors in 1970 and offers full time pre-university programs and technical career programs, as well as programs in the Continuing Education Department. Today, the student population numbers over 6,700 full-time Diploma students with an additional 2,000 students attending through the Continuing Education Department.
The Language School at Vanier College is looking for animated instructors who are effective with teenagers. This program supports students in grades 9 to 11 in improving their English reading and writing skills. Students will work on reading comprehension, vocabulary building, spelling, sentence structure and essay styles.
- Prepare and implement lessons that respond to learners’ needs
- Create a supportive environment in which learners feel motivated to attend class and participate
- Introduce students to various academic essays
- Monitor student progress through exercises
- Prepare students for final exam through timed exercises
- Encourage and evaluate student progress through oral and written feedback
- Submit attendance reports to the Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Education, Literature or Linguistics
- TESL or CELTA certification (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years ESL or Academic preparation experience
- Ability to create a stimulating learning environment
- Experience using media and technology in the classroom
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, standards and written expression
- Clear oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain professional, courteous relationship with co-workers, the administration and Vanier community
- Familiar with admissions tests is an asset
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
Salary range: between $30 - $35/hour
Schedule : 9 hours per week for the summer session (July 7 – August 23 2014)
4 hours on Saturday during the Fall and Winter Sessions
Requirements: Please email your cover letter and CV by 4pm on June 15th, 2014.
In accordance with its Employment Equity Policy and the Quebec government’s Equity law, Vanier College encourages applications from qualified men and women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. If you wish to do so, you are invited to indicate whether you are a member of one of the above groups.