Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Active
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2015
Most work schedules are during night time and you deal with customers/clients either on a scheduled meeting or by phone. Being a shift leader, you tend to have a checklist either physical or mental in which you make sure that everything is done correctly and that all rules and regulations are followed. The time span would usually be on a 4 to 5 hours on weekdays and less on weekends. Quality and time control of how the cleaning service crew do their job and being able to double check it. By the end of the day, you reply to the customers by phone, face to face, or on a written booklet left on the clerk's desk. Co-workers are always fun to work with since the job gets done faster and easier. The atmosphere each individual brings makes it all the more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would be the event of low staff attendance, in which most people aren't able to make it. This wasn't really a huge problem since I'll just help cover for their duties and complete the tasks on time and still be able to double check it. The most enjoyable part of the job would be being part of an amazing team and working towards one particular goals. We actively communicate and help each other to help finish our goals.
Vanguard(via Randstad Technologies)
Sr.Consultant/Developer (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: healthy lunch is served @ cafeteria
Vanguard is one of the best places to work because of its professional work culture.
It is normal 8 hours work. I learned a lot about Agile and Kanban methodology and industrial knowledge of Mutual funds. I enjoyed everything about Vanguard. There is nothing hard rather I enjoyed taking up challenges on my way and enjoyed the success.
Great place to work with great focus on the clients
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work involved making sure our clients were provided with the most professional and knowledgeable client service they can receive.
Different cutlure that focuses on the client
Project Manager/Digital Analyst (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAMarch 1, 2015
Vanguard has been a good company; it is very conservative and has a different culture where everyone works for the clients since they are the ones who own the company. The focus is always on the outcome of the client. Being at the company for over a decade, it has adapted to changes in the market and technologies kind of slow; but that's the nature of a very large established company.
it was good job
Plant electrician / wechanic (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: learned a lot of new things.
Cons: were getting parts and help.
The day started with setting up the plant to run production, Then check out the ammonia system and drain out the oil. Check out the boilers for steam psi to make sure it's good. the rest of the day is spent keeping the plant running.
I learned how to work on boilers, ammonia systems, and other machines.
Management was ok to work with.
The co-workers were good to work with but most of the time I was alone. For the last few months they got me some help but they were green but worked hard.
The hardest part was 1 moment it be a 100 deg, next you would be in the freezer 28deg.
The best part was the production workers were good to work with.
nothing
operative (Former Employee), fordFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: not good
Cons: long hours
not good gdfgdgdfghfh6uy ghghhjh gfnjhhgh thr terygbbge ffdf sdjjsjjsdd kdkksdkasdkkkls awklkdksdk wwr wwerwerwe erewr er wefdsfdy fefrefefsaf
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Vanguard. It's a great employer.
It's also a fantastic place for future investment. I recommend it for anyone living in PA.
Awesome
SharePoint Solution Architect / Administrator (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot in this project. Worked as a SharePoint Architect. I learned my roles and responsibilities and performed them accordingly.
Pleasant working conditions and hard working crewmembers.
Procurement Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: partnership pay out each year
Cons: not enough locations
Vanguard has a excellent work life balance and has a gym and clinic. This is the type of company that you tell friends and family about. They have an excellent benefits package. One this missing is that it would be great it they had a pension plan on top of their 401(k). Great place to learn first hand about investing for your retirement. They are honest.
Client Services Specialist
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), scottsdale, azFebruary 9, 2015
Lots of opportunities to learn in the beginning and they pay for the licensing but hard to advance and is a call center environment. Very regulated environment. Minimal break time and not a flexible schedule
Conservative and ethically sound company. Excellent benefits. Recommend to almost anyone
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Vanguard is an incredible place to start your career and really cares about their crew. There are a lot of opportunities and different ways to continue to improve and grow in your chosen career.
Great work life balance
Fund Financial Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Great work life balance that allows employees to have a life while working in financial services but low pay to make up for it.
Great place to Start and advance!
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Vanguard has been a great place to work and build my skills, and I have made a positive impact on the company.
Vanguard is a fantastic company
Flagship Client Relationship Administrator/Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 27, 2015
One of the most progressive work environments. Employees are kept fully informed of lateral and upward paths. Honesty and openness with clients is baked into the culture. The education and health benefit for employees is superb.

I had to move back to CA otherwise would never have left Vanguard!
Great company, but poor pay
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 26, 2015
At Vanguard, the first few months is training on receiving securities licensing. The corporate culture is very strong, and it is a open-minded place to work..
Call center
Brokerage Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Working for Vanguard in Charlotte is a terrible, soul-sucking experience. The only jobs in Charlotte are answering phones. The pay is atrocious so we are constantly understaffed so you are always taking phone calls. Employee morale is incredibly low. All the employees are leaving for TIAA-CREF or Metlife. I am not the only one who think this; out of my hire-class of 12 people, only 4 people are still with the company.
Vanguard was a safe & professional place to work.
Accounts Services Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: the desk chairs
I enjoyed my 12 years at Vanguard. It was a very safe, friendly, educational environment to work in. Vanguard offered many classes at Vanguard University to keep all the employees trained on the daily changes in the investment world. The management was very helpful to their "teams" to have the ability to accomplish their duties everyday. The hardest part of the job was keeping up on the changes in the rules of investing on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was all my co-workers I met and still have a personal relationship with since I have retired. I learned so much about the importance of investing in your future & helping others to do the same for themselves and their employees.
Processing Associate
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: a great place to work
Cons: i wish i couldve learned more
Was trained to understand IRAS, UGMA, UTMA accounts. Management is always patient willing to help.
Great job work/life balance.
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Processed monetary transactions, communicated with clients, as well as researched and resloved client issues.
ok i spose
Grill Chef (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Fareham, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
itis an ok place to work

some staff are ok

salary wasnt great

very long hours not much for family or social life

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more