Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and had a few rest areas for employees to take breaks.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free breakfast & free lunch.
Cons: not enough staff to handle work load and to many steps added to process of servicing clients.
Vanguard, as most companies have changed over the years. The amount of vacation time that I had was awesome and profit sharing was fantastic.

Vanguard use to be a place I enjoyed going to, but the many changes implemented made it a very uncomfortable and stressing place to work.

Over my 21 years at Vanguard I learned a lot and met great people (clients and fellow crew members). I gained and developed many skills and came away with a lot of investment and retirement knowledge.

The last position I held was one in which I spoke to clients soon after they lost of a loved one. This position made me feel like my job was really meaningful. We handled legal documents and moved millions of dollars from accounts. We spoke with attorneys on a daily basis. We also made calls to court houses to assist our clients. There were several times I spoke with funeral directors. The most difficult part of this position was keeping it together while clients were on the other end crying, especially men. One gentleman asked if I had children and I replied yes. He said "Go home and hug them."

Out of the few position I held while at Vanguard, this last position was the best position of all. I left work some days with tears in my eyes, but most days I left with a smile on my face because I assisted someone through a very difficult.
Great place to work with a helpful atmosphere
Client Relations Associate (Current Employee), Malvern, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, friendly coworkers and atmosphere
Cons: vague schedule, a lot to learn in a short amount of time
Great company with fantastic benefits. Very friendly and helpful atmosphere which helps considering the sheer amount of information one needs to learn. This company is truly a company that shows that it cares for those that work there as well as the clients that they represent.
Management should follow procedure and make dicissions in the company's best intrest.
Fulfillment Services Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 25, 2014
Pros: there was much to learn
Cons: i believe that management had a problem with the fact that i spoke up for myself.
The one very important thing that I've learned while working at Vanguard is that some businesses no matter how upstanding they maybe as far as society is concerned will still pumble the little man at a time of vulnerability. The services you've rendered beforehand, taking someone Else's shift, staying late, coming in early, or for that matter when your asked to volunteer to come in on a Saturday and you do. And the fact that you've done this for four years means absolutely nothing when your father is dying from cancer and you his only child has to tend to him. So you take 1/2 days off to do so. Shortly after this started I was informed by management that my work performance was now inconsistent and was terminated. That's excellent management skills if I do say so myself.
Vanguard Group
Retirement Plan Associate (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 23, 2014
I do not recommend this company to anyone. They do provide relatively good benefits but as for work/life balance-not very good, management does not know how to do the jobs they are managing, the company is more worried about reputation than employee health. They will bully employees that are determined not to "FIT" what they want you to be.
No room to grow
Elctroplater Forklift Operator general labor (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJNovember 15, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: no room to grow no raises
I would come in to work and do my job and go home. I learned how to mix chemicals and waste water. Management played alot of favoritism. My co workers are all hard workers. Hardiest part of the job was night time supervisor.The most enjoyable part of this job was the over time.
Awesome!
Investment Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2014
Great company! Excellent growth opportunities! Great pay and benefits.
Great Company to work for.
Motorized Material Handler (Current Employee), Addison, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: working at a fast paste and having alot of overtime.
Cons: assingment ended.
I have Learn more about the sizes of trailers, ways of load and unloading trailers. Matt new people and enjoyed working with them as a team. also had a great manager that made it easy to pick up on new things. It wasn't nothing that was hard about working at this company.
Excellent benefits for families
PROJECT LEADER (Former Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 26, 2014
If you have a family the benefits are great. The company favors "young just out of college" employees over tenured. It does listen to new ideas and it puts client's needs first.
Structured environment
Service Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 22, 2014
Great reputation. The company was in a transition period, which allowed me to get involved with various projects within my department.
Excellent Training Program
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
Not much advancement. Low pay compared to other companies with same skill set.
n/a
Financial Processor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2014
Awesome employees that work together to make sure we provide the most efficient and accurate process for our client's retirement.
Great company to work for!
Inheritance Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, azOctober 15, 2014
I would not have left Vanguard if my husband did not receive a job offer in another state. Vanguard is amazing! There is definitely the balance of work and life, employee benefits are wonderful, and a little financial assistance every year with the partnership.
A day at work is productive
Counter Parts Salesman (Current Employee), Forrest Park, GAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: pay, bonuses, hours
Cons: not enough support
The steady pace of my day is great. I sit, move and stand doing my job.
Willing to train and license with no experience
Licensed Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fosters an enviroment of learning about investments
Cons: conservative pay
Great starting point for college grads, but couldn't see myself working there long term.
Was good while left alone to run Europe. Corporate (Las Vegas, Nevada) could not get to grips with European cultures though
EMEA distributor manager (Former Employee), London and Las VegasOctober 2, 2014
Pros: initially being left alone to be creative and innovative
Cons: finally, being bound by a culture clash
A very successful few years in terms of revenues and success, while working within EMEA and managed by an Australian.

I made the mistake of working from corporate HQ in Las Vegas, where the culture clash was terminal
Not a place to call home
Institutional Investments (Current Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything you can imagine that a company should not be
Vanguard is a cult driven company where your years of experience does not matter. management here has no compasion towards human empathy and all they worry about is the bottom line
Excellent work experience
Problem Resolution Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2014
Looks good on a resume
good mangament
good opportunities for advancement
Excellent teams
Sr. Clinical Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Project were planned and carried out. Deadlines and goal were set out and met.
Great team efforts. Dedicated small IT staff that could pull off major projects.
Great Company
Brokerage Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: job stability; benefits; work-life balance
Cons: below average compensation; limited growth based on location
Great company for new grads and those new to investing; Call center environment can be overwhelming.
Great Company
Client Data Management Group Associate (Current Employee), Wayne, PASeptember 18, 2014
Great company to work for, unfortunately the department i am in is on its last legs. I do enjoy my job, but the opportunity to advance/move up is minimal. The department seems to be downsizing due to a shift in technology.

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more