Vanguard

Vanguard Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work Place.
QA Tester (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 2, 2014
Good Company to work for.
Good friendly work environment.
. . .
profesional business
Wealth Transfer Case Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
To guide customer with investments for short and long term goals
Fantastic culture
Internal Talent Advisor Contractor (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: flexible environment with access to learn in different areas and internal growth
Cons: difficult to convert from contractor to permanent employee
Solid company with strong management. Great teamwork and hard working "crew". Flexible environment with understanding management.
Great company
Licensed Financial Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2014
Great company with excellent benefits. Great company for individuals just starting in the investment industry.
Great place to work.
Client Relations Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2014
Very diverse and socially conscious
Great training.
Very little opportunity for career advancement.
Super professional management.
fun job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 8, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: overworked and underpaid
Great job loved working with co-workers. Enjoyed flying and time with co-workers.
Great company to start out at
Problem Resolution Associate (Current Employee), malvern, paMarch 5, 2014
Hard working employees,a lot of the time worked too hard and underpaid
Routine Work
Benefit Administrator (Former Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: n/a
The company is a good company. Just have to love your job, my job is very routine.
TBD
SENIOR PROGRAMMER / ANALYST / CONSULTANT (Current Employee), MALVERN, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Good management, good environment
Good management, good environment
Professional, respectable employer
Writer (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: extremely generous 401(k) benefits, great work/life balance program (if your job permits).
Cons: salaries aren't great, but the company contributes a lot to your 401(k)
Vanguard is the type of company you can spend your entire career at and never work the same job twice. Put in your time, work hard, and you'll be rewarded. Ethics are extremely high, and you feel good about working for a company that truly makes decisions for the benefit of its investors.
Meticulous
Manager (Current Employee), Southeastern PAFebruary 13, 2014
An industry leading firm with strong ideals, but short sited investment in certain functions.
Call Center
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2014
I was on the phone all day, which I did not enjoy. I learned a lot about mutual funds as well as assisting clients.
Great company to work for, minus the salary
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Great benefits, but lacking in salary. They take great care of their employees, but I couldn't afford to live on the salary.
Good benefits, but pay was not going to make you rich
Client Relationship Administrator (Former Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Driven workers making work-life balance sometimes difficult. Management often lacks personal touch and can be robotic in decisions.
Always endeavors to become a best place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: vanguard works to encourage the whole person
Cons: not all employees can work remotely, but this is a future goal for the company.
Vanguard strives to bring work/life balance to its employees, providing nutrition counseling, a gym, healthy cafeteria options, summer camp opportunities for employees' children's and during the recent snow storm, a shelter for families displaced by power outages.
A typical day at work includes working as a team to share best practices, a 1/1 meeting – more... with a manager to receive mentoring and coaching, working out at the gym and engaging in a team-building event. – less
Where did the last 14 years go?
Business Analyst (Current Employee), PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: mission and alignment of goals
Cons: easy to rest on your laurels and not grow professionally
Fourteen years ago when I was hired at Vanguard, I had some retail management experience and an accounting degree but no real career path. That all changed at Vanguard when I became aware of Six Sigma and found my calling.
I went from processing associate to leading the process analysis and reporting across the retirement plans division by working hard – more... and taking on any challenges that gave me experience and exposure in the field I wanted to work in.
I've had dozens of amazing mentors and project and assignments in every area of administering employer retirement plans - from tax reporting to front lines customer service to creative design and marketing.
I love my job but do not want to look back in another 14 years and wonder if I should have checked out the rest of the world for new exciting opportunities to learn and grow. – less
Fun Diverse Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2014
I am the Administrative Assistant for the Retail It Building. I support 2 direct managers and 10 other managers within the building, I also have anywhere between 180 to 190 crew members. I am constantly interrupted throughout the day with crew managers or managers constantly sending me emails or coming to see me in person with a need they have. If I – more... do not know how to help them I call around until I find their answer. The one thing I have learned at Vanguard is to keep pursuing something if I feel it is worth pursuing; my boss has taught me to not let a "no answer" stop me from doing something I feel strongly about. I have one of the best bosses I have ever had. He is patient with with and listens to me when I need an listening ear. He is also behind me and supports me in what I do. I also have the best co-workers to work for. I have recently discovered that being an Administrative Assistant is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It is time for me to pursue my passion, that is why I am looking for another job. I love planning events and meeting new people as I go along. I am a blazing extrovert and I want to have a job where I am more involved in dealing with people on a one to one basis. – less
Focused on people development
Senior Software Engineer - Developer (Current Employee), charlotte,ncJanuary 30, 2014
Great place to work. Focus is placed on people development and success, how to help you achieve your goals as a crew.
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: worked with nice personell.
Cons: low compensation. no benefits.
My day was spent cold calling which unfortunately did not prove to be successful. Although I made allot of contact calls most people had already refinanced when the rates where much lower.
Very reputable company with high standards and ethics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: highly reputable company with high standards and excellent ethics
The job of customer service rep requires great customer service skills and the company provides training. The environment is excellent and the employees are all very amicable. The hardest part of the job is having to be on the phone at all times. The enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers with their transactions in a friendly and – more... successful manner. – less

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more