Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work and to know all
UI DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Malvern, PAApril 10, 2015
Vanguard is the world's largest mutual fund company, with about $2.4 trillion invested in the U.S. in more than 170 index, active, and exchange-traded funds. Currently working as a UI Developer for an internal application. Responsible for application development to access JSON & XML from RESTful Web Service from consumer side using JavaScript and AngularJS.
Okay company to work for
Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2015
Gained investment industry knowledge with no background in finance/investments. There's little room for growth, but the knowledge gain while on assignment was invaluable.
great company
Custodian (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: paid lunches....
Easy going boss very understanding but determined to keep the clients happy and satisfied with our commitment to make things happen.
Excellent Company
Communication Administrator (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 2, 2015
I had a great experience working at Vanguard. I learned a lot and was able to advance in my career. The culture is great and the training program is excellent.
Client Relationship Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
Overall working at Vanguard was a pain. People there took to the Vanguard's philosophy and couldn't think for themselves. They acted like robots. If a client called and asked about something that wasn't 'per the books' other collegues automatically rerouted to someone else instead of trying to think for themselves.
One of the best companies to work for
Email Designer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: amazing benefit package
The people are very nice and love their jobs. The benefits for full-time employees is above average. Overall a happy environment to work in. Company really takes care of its employees.
Good and Bad
Registered Financial Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2015
Good hours, lower stress and great benefits.

Advancement was very difficult. People that were extremely qualified wondered why they were never given promotions. Figuring out how your yearly raise was given required a calculus degree.
The company is a temporary agency
Various Positions (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
You are interviewed and sent to various companies. You have choice or obtaining a temporary position or a temp to perm position. It is enjoyable and you have to follow all rules as with any company.
VANGUARD
LEAD GENERATION Cabinet Refacing (Former Employee), GEORGIAMarch 21, 2015
LEADS GENERATION

There are no sales involved, simply inform the customer about the services we offer and schedule an in home appointment with them. We will do the rest!!
Great customers and modern and clean kitchen
Sous Chef/Line Cook (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: learning from experienced chefs; great commute
Cons: had to be self starter; timeclock out of order so hours not correctly compensated
I love the location and the customers are great at Vanguard, however, I'm looking for an opportunity to showcase my experience.
n/a
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 11, 2015
It is an 9-5 shift where I am speaking with clients and speaking about their investments. I learned the foundations of the financial world and they have a great training i.e Vanguard University.
Productive and Active
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2015
Most work schedules are during night time and you deal with customers/clients either on a scheduled meeting or by phone. Being a shift leader, you tend to have a checklist either physical or mental in which you make sure that everything is done correctly and that all rules and regulations are followed. The time span would usually be on a 4 to 5 hours on weekdays and less on weekends. Quality and time control of how the cleaning service crew do their job and being able to double check it. By the end of the day, you reply to the customers by phone, face to face, or on a written booklet left on the clerk's desk. Co-workers are always fun to work with since the job gets done faster and easier. The atmosphere each individual brings makes it all the more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would be the event of low staff attendance, in which most people aren't able to make it. This wasn't really a huge problem since I'll just help cover for their duties and complete the tasks on time and still be able to double check it. The most enjoyable part of the job would be being part of an amazing team and working towards one particular goals. We actively communicate and help each other to help finish our goals.
Vanguard(via Randstad Technologies)
Sr.Consultant/Developer (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: healthy lunch is served @ cafeteria
Vanguard is one of the best places to work because of its professional work culture.
It is normal 8 hours work. I learned a lot about Agile and Kanban methodology and industrial knowledge of Mutual funds. I enjoyed everything about Vanguard. There is nothing hard rather I enjoyed taking up challenges on my way and enjoyed the success.
Great place to work with great focus on the clients
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work involved making sure our clients were provided with the most professional and knowledgeable client service they can receive.
Different cutlure that focuses on the client
Project Manager/Digital Analyst (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAMarch 1, 2015
Vanguard has been a good company; it is very conservative and has a different culture where everyone works for the clients since they are the ones who own the company. The focus is always on the outcome of the client. Being at the company for over a decade, it has adapted to changes in the market and technologies kind of slow; but that's the nature of a very large established company.
it was good job
Plant electrician / wechanic (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: learned a lot of new things.
Cons: were getting parts and help.
The day started with setting up the plant to run production, Then check out the ammonia system and drain out the oil. Check out the boilers for steam psi to make sure it's good. the rest of the day is spent keeping the plant running.
I learned how to work on boilers, ammonia systems, and other machines.
Management was ok to work with.
The co-workers were good to work with but most of the time I was alone. For the last few months they got me some help but they were green but worked hard.
The hardest part was 1 moment it be a 100 deg, next you would be in the freezer 28deg.
The best part was the production workers were good to work with.
nothing
operative (Former Employee), fordFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: not good
Cons: long hours
not good gdfgdgdfghfh6uy ghghhjh gfnjhhgh thr terygbbge ffdf sdjjsjjsdd kdkksdkasdkkkls awklkdksdk wwr wwerwerwe erewr er wefdsfdy fefrefefsaf
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Vanguard. It's a great employer.
It's also a fantastic place for future investment. I recommend it for anyone living in PA.
Awesome
SharePoint Solution Architect / Administrator (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot in this project. Worked as a SharePoint Architect. I learned my roles and responsibilities and performed them accordingly.
Pleasant working conditions and hard working crewmembers.
Procurement Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: partnership pay out each year
Cons: not enough locations
Vanguard has a excellent work life balance and has a gym and clinic. This is the type of company that you tell friends and family about. They have an excellent benefits package. One this missing is that it would be great it they had a pension plan on top of their 401(k). Great place to learn first hand about investing for your retirement. They are honest.

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more