Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
So many possible careers available at Vanguard
Universal Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: So many career opportunities
Cons: Feel like a number
Was a nice place to work. They do amazing training before even putting you in the job - to be commended!!!! You start your position really understanding what your job is.
N/a
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Monon, INJanuary 25, 2016
Worked here for almost two and a half years. We built semi trailers, the hours were not the best, one of the main reasons why I left. Know all the ins and outs of a production line.
Good Company, difficult to advance
Problem Resolution Associate (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Vanguard is an overall good company, but sometimes it seems as though there is discrimination on who moves up in the company.
Highly Unstable
Service Elevation Team Associate (Former Employee), Hopewell, NJJanuary 12, 2016
There was not a good environment to work in. Very hostile and change from day to day. Left before the financial crisis. Thank goodness because they laid everyone off.
Do the Work of 5 People, Get Paid the Work of Half a Person
Fund Financial Analyst, Investment Data Management (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Overtime
Cons: No lunch, demanding hours, unresponsive coworkers
The worst part about working here is management. They set such high and unrealistic expectations that even the top performers eventually burn out from lack of appreciation. The funny thing is they barely know anything about their operations and most of the lower level employees end up doing their managers work. I worked my hardest day in and day out to see nothing but a $50 bonus gift card here and there. If you have a strong work ethic- do not come here as you will find you are surrounded by hundreds of bottom feeders willing to do the bare minimum and still get the same performance bonus come year end as you.
Good company to work for
Flagship Group (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 22, 2015
It is a company that offers a lot of opportunity for motivated people. Nice family owned establishment, that has a professional and small office feel. Very committed to it's clients and staff.
Great Culture, Challenging Environment
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of Paid time off. excellent benefits, great name to have on a resume
Cons: Typical call center stress, Phone training is lacking
I love going into work because the company culture and people are wonderful to be around. The three month training program includes excellent instruction for Series 7 & 63. Pay is okay and benefits are unbeatable. As an entry level employee I have 18 days of Paid Time Off and the option to purchase an additional 5 days. The drawback is the work environment.

When you boil it down it is a call center and not particularly engaging. On any given day I can be taking 20-60+ calls depending on the nature of the calls and how long they take. I mostly handle opening accounts, paperwork walkthroughs, mutual fund transactions, asset transfers, rollovers, and basic investment guidance. Typical tasks for an entry level job at a financial services firm, except you have to worry about Average Handle Time, Call Quality and other metrics.

Management is wonderful and their goals are to make you as successful as possible and get you moving upward as soon as possible. Any client-facing role at this company will be phone-based. I'm putting up with the stress of the call center environment for now because I know that having Vanguard on my resume will get me an interview anywhere.
Experience with customer service
Production Worker (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYDecember 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with customers because it makes me feel good as an individual and also telling me i did my job as directed.
productive working place with highly professional people
Margin Associate, Specialty Brokerage Operations (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PADecember 6, 2015
Work with friendly and professional coworkers every day in the office.

Get to learn lots of latest knowledge about margin and the overall brokerage under Vanguard.

Familiar with all the regulatory rules such as SEC and NYSE rules.

Maintain a good relationships with Vanguard's clients.
Good
Webmaster (Current Employee), Malvern, PADecember 5, 2015
Good company to work for. Very organized with projects. Working as the webmaster was a true pleasure and joy, and the job itself provided me many more technical skills and expertise.
Employee Focused Company
Project Management Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 30, 2015
Well-organized company with focus on work/life balance. Well-developed career paths with support of learning and growth within all positions.
Cares about the people and clients
Manager (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 29, 2015
Leaders are required to go through a rigorous training program to develop skills to lead people. Not all leaders are perfect, but overall the firm is a place that cares about its people as shown through benefits, etc.
Overly corporate and dull
Developer (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 28, 2015
Vanguard can be a cozy place to work in terms of work and pay but the culture moves at a snails pace, the people are average, mid managers are mostly worthless, and half the employees are counting down their days until retirement as they've been there since the early years.
Vanguard
Client Relation Assoc-Institut Retire Plan Svcs (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Crew Athletics
Cons: Management, Important vacation days
I learned the foundations of asset allocation and diversification, How to deal with clients - the good & bad, The different departments within the company.

A typical day consisted of receiving calls in an inbound call center environment, where you provided guidance and answers to client's questions.

Management was ok at best. You had good and bad team leaders.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who really liked the services you provided and expressed how they felt about it.
Productive and fun place to work
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Always catering meals showing appreciation
Cons: the longest breaks ever 40 minutes
Vanguard, is a very great company and a nice and pleasant place to work. vanguard, is one of the best places i have ever worked.
Great place to work for.
Financial Processor, Retail Client Account Service (Current Employee), melvern paNovember 13, 2015
Pros: sometime offer free lunch
Cons: longer working hours
pay is not reasonable and there is no job security. great culture nice co-workers very friendly but management is not knowledgeable mostly in-matured.
Great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 10, 2015
Pros: Training, Opportunities, Benefits
Cons: Unclear expectations sometimes
Great place to work and becoming more competitive throughout. Training is unmatched and company pays for secondary education. Benefits is pretty reasonable and good group of people to work with.
Co-Workers
Client Retirement Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PANovember 9, 2015
The people I have come to build relationships with have become great friendships.
Diverse place to work.
In my position, I have built considerable knowledge of retirement plans.
productive and good place to work
UI Developer (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 6, 2015
management is very cooperative. They are friendly. learned new things.

working in great pressure to complete project at deadline
Vanguard is one of the best places to work!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 6, 2015
Vanguard is one of the best places to work. The company really cares about their employees and strives to keep everyone including their clients happy.
There is always advancement opportunities and the company encourages you to learn.
Headquarters