Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 29, 2015
Great work-life balance, opportunities to grow. People are willing to help each other. Good communication and effective training programs.
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 26, 2015
very work-life balance oriented firm

allows people to work flex schedules

does not pay as much as other firms but does not expect you to work more than normal hours
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 21, 2015
Very friendly and positive work environment
Great work life balance
Strong focus on Career Development
Puts clients first
fun work place
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: fun, easy to get a long with people, children were great
Cons: some teachers shouldnt be there
i loved working and playing games with all the kids. They are so full of energy and keep you on your feet at all times. The management could have been better but overall it was pretty good. Most co-workers were great with the children but there were some that didn't belong there because they didn't have the patience for the children. Its a very clean environment for the kids to play in and a nice play ground area. They also try to teach students Spanish at an early age. Overall it was a great and fun place to work
professional setting
Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 15, 2015
Vanguard is a very good company to work for taught me many skills on how to clean and detail any space such as offices and houses etc..
Benefits are great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, PAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not any advancement for Administrative Assistants or work/life balance
Very stressful to work for and for Administrative Assistants there is not any work/life balance. They do not allow for level advancement and have a salary cap.
Horrible place to work
Client Relationship Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2015
They preach Family/worklife balance, but it is just not true! The new CEO only cares about the bottom line. No one cares about the employees, especially if you are tenured. They hire straight from college into a position that you used to have to be at the company for at least three years to post to because of the high-net-worth clientele. I ended up hating being there.
Great Place
HNW Inheritance Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2015
Great place to start your career. Hard to advance in the NC site. Met a lot of awesome people. Job was demanding, but learned information about estate planning.
Not a good experience
Service Administrator (Former Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 10, 2015
I worked there over 12 years ago in HR. After 9/11, it was not a good company to work for. Not sure how it is now. I've moved out of state so I'll never work there again.
Great Co-Workers & Focus On Self-Development
Fixed Income Senior Trader (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and you control your career.
Cons: decision making process can be slow at times, but again this is a company with 15k employees.
Excellent place to work and grow. The firm culture is deeply rooted on improvement of their employees and growing their respective skill sets to get them where they want to go.

Vanguard is very supportive of employees whom are looking to pursue the CFA or the CFP designations. The firm is also very supportive of your undertaking of learning initiatives on your own that can help support the firm going forward as well, i.e. MBA programs.

Overall, great place to work.
Easy laid back atmosphere
Brokerage Investment Professional (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2015
Vanguard has an excellent training program and provides exposure to the financial industry. A real easy going atmosphere, no pressure, it is up to the individual employee to learn and grow beyond what is taught in the classroom but there is no limit to growing potential.
Challenging and engaging environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 1, 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job is that I have a multitude of duties which allows me to wear many hats. I have gained several skills to increase my business acumen, project management expertise, and business relationships. I feel that I am part of a strong team environment that helps one another in moving our business forward.
Get it done.
Facility Managment (Former Employee), Commerce TexasJuly 29, 2015
What ever it took the day was completed to everyone's satisfaction. The employees
I had were excellent, management was not always supportive.
Enjoyed my coworkers and liked my boss
Data Entry Clerk III (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Almost Everything
Cons: Can't think on anything, enjoyed working there
Enjoyed my job. Data entry. Could listen to head phones while working. Liked my boss quite a bit. Monday through Friday, day hours. Paid weekly.
Productive and fun workplace
It Help Desk (Former Employee), Wayne, PAJuly 26, 2015
Vanguard was a good place to work at. My manager was great all my co workers were very helpful. the typical work day were back to back calls
Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 9, 2015
I've had many happy years here and built a career that's lasted and grown. I would recommend the place to anyone who enjoys a strong corporate culture.
Great Company
Senior Annuity Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 4, 2015
Working at Vanguard was great for 4 years. I really enjoyed the people I worked with there and I hope to stay in contact with them in the future.
Vanguard is the top company
Defined Benefits Contractor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 3, 2015
Vanguard is the top company to work for in the financial industry. They treat their employees right and never cut corners. It is a great place to work and learn the ins and outs.
Good company, management cares
Client Relationship Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
Supportive management that cares about personal development and growth. Large company with many people doing the same role. Need to buy into Vanguard philosophy.
lots of room for advancement
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 30, 2015
a typical day consisted of processing mutal funds, rollovers, 401k's, IRA;s

the most enjoyable part of the day was getting my accuracy in processing to 99.9%

my coworkers were always supportive and helped whenever someone was having a technical issue.

management was very fair and allowed growth for everyone.
Headquarters