Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lots of room for advancement
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 30, 2015
a typical day consisted of processing mutal funds, rollovers, 401k's, IRA;s

the most enjoyable part of the day was getting my accuracy in processing to 99.9%

my coworkers were always supportive and helped whenever someone was having a technical issue.

management was very fair and allowed growth for everyone.
Had a friendly manager who kept the team motivated
Senior C# .Net Developer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
Vanguard treats permanent employees very well - 2 days a week working from home, time off for personal business. The contractors on my team did the grunt work but were never excluded from monthly team lunches, social events, etc.
Stable and systematic company
Instructional Design Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great products/services
Cons: Challenges due to technology
Not inclined to spend lots of money on technology,however, the product and people are working hard to overcome. The University is working hard to be a world class training organization.
Good Company
Investment Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Company culture is a plus. Everyone encourages your development and will help you to achieve your goals. Great benefits package.
Vanguard has been an overall great experience
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great management team
I had enjoyed working with Vanguard. I started my day by going through my task list to see what is priority. I worked on correspondence, power point presentation, scheduled Swiss Army and blood drive, budget, overlooking the graphic arts, and filing. I had a great management team and co-workers. We all worked very well together. The hardest part was scheduling for a meeting during the summer, but I managed to figure out a time for all of them to meet. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was was the learning opportunities.
Best time
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 20, 2015
- Puts customer first in all regards
- Great place to learn new things
- Great co-workers
- Thoroughly enjoyed and learned from this job
Processor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Vanguard. They taught me a lot about investments and transferring of money. They were also helpful when I was going to school to become a medical assistant.
Great safe place to begin your professional career
REPORTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Reliable work, licensing and training, good benefits package
Cons: Below average pay for an investment firm, limited advancement opportunities outside of the main PA office.
Vanguard is a traditional company with traditional values. They create an atmosphere of professionalism without being too stodgy. They have a focus on diversity and encourage employees to find opportunities to improve.
The three main areas to work are IT (largest), Financial Management (hardest to get into), and client service (easiest to get into).

Most of the interpersonal client contact is over – more... the phone, so it is a call center, but the company strives to not let it feel like one. There is room to advance in this area, but mostly just as people managers. The best jobs are in their Pennsylvania offices.

Financial management (fund management) is the backbone of the company. Vanguard consistently outperforms their peers in the industry because their cost structure is low. They have proven investment managers making the decisions and they are held accountable for those decisions.

Vanguard repeatedly wins 'best place to work' awards because of their IT division. They spend lots of time and resources on this group because the business needs them to be well trained and good producers. – less
Client Relationship Specialist
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Valley ForgeJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great 401k, medical and dental plans, PTO, and work life balance
Cons: Below average pay with little to no chance of advancement
Great immediate job out of college if you are trying to get your foot in the door. Income gap between what you are paid and industry average starts off not too bad but quickly starts to widen as you climb higher in company. Would recommend you work here about 1-3 years then you can leave for a better job with a better company. Vanguard is just a stepping stone. Management isn't the best because most are just there to collect the paycheck and not actually put in work or enjoy being there. Culture of promotions and career advancement is very corrupt, very often the most qualified candidate is turned down in favor of the more popular associate.
Processor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Hours that I was able to work and vacation time
I enjoyed working here. I started out as a temp where I then was going to school at night to become a medical assistant. I was then hired fulltime to work at Vanguard where I was taught to open new accounts for clients on a daily basis. After about a year or so I was transferred to a new department where I transferred stocks for clients and helped invest there money.
Excellent company to work for with strong teamwork, excellent leadership,and positive culture.
Various Positions (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 5, 2015
-Positive work environment
-Strong leadership across departments and divisions
-Flexibility to move around in the company an learn new skill
-Many positions available to demonstrate your strengths
productive
Performance Tester (Former Employee), Malvern, PAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
enjoyed it
Upholsterer (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 27, 2015
Fun place to work, I was there for a long time, enjoyed my time there.

Very fast paced work environment. Management was very helpful and understanding,

Very good work environment.
Controlling job with great benefits and a positive workplace
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Low pressure, work stays at work, and great product.
Cons: Micro managed, limited opportunity on campus, and management rolls out unfinished initiatives
Have to be at work exactly 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM not a second early or late. Management generally cares about you. Benefits are outstanding but the pay is something you give up for job security.
Great place to work and retire from
Customer Service Operation Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2015
Pros: promotions
Cons: have to pass your 6 series and 7 and have a brokage if not you out the door
A typical day when you go into work have to log on to systems always came in 15 min early to get focused. Once you log on to the system have to have a smile on your face although the client cant see you but they can hear the smile on your face. I learned a great deal working there. from investments to how to determined what's a good fund to invest in.
a good place to learn the industry
Beneficiary Administrator (Former Employee), Malvern, PA 19355May 14, 2015
Vanguard is typical of a company heavy in middle management. There is little to no decision making or risk taking is highly frowned upon by management. Any attempt do stretch outside of the day to day role is not offered, it is a company very slowly moving away from the past and only when it is forced to,

Great place to learn the business since they put a lot of effort into helping cadidtates passing licensing, then to move on to another irm which encourages taking risks.
Proud to work for a Company with such a good product
High Net Worth Retail Inheritance Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Short breaks
In the seven years that I have worked at Vanguard I have been trained on Vanguard products, the financial industry, Vanguard web site, IRAs, trust and SEC regulations by completing Series 7,6 and 63.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constant change going on in the company and adapting your work to make sure the client is serviced.
Management is supportive and encouraging.
The best part of my job are the clients.
I have been very fortunate to work with high level of intelligent people who support each other.
Systems Engineer, Tier 3 (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAMay 11, 2015
Fast pace, yet enjoyable place to work. Great people and top notch technology. There are a large number of people who have worked there for 15 years or more and are still very happy to be working for Vanguard.
Vanguard
High Net Worth Investment Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2015
Vanguard is an amazing company and the job culture matches their investment strategy, diversified and reserved. The Job Work/Life balance is unmatchable and they take amazing care of their employees with everything to an abundance of paid vacation, amazing benefits, and even on site health and training facilities. The job training is the best that I have ever experienced or even ever heard of. The – more... company provided paid training for all licenses including the Series 6, 63, and even the 7, which is not common in the investment world.

The one downfall for the company is the job advancement portion, at least out of the Charlotte, NC location. With it being the smallest of the companies 3 major locations, there is a definite ceiling that you will reach. The job security will always be there however the limitation of advancement creates a limitation on compensation as well. Rival companies surpass Vanguard in compensation for the same type of positions, however the other companies my not have the same job culture, work/life balance, job security, or training. – less
Productive, positive, and fun
Mentor Program (Former Employee), Matteson, ILApril 24, 2015
Fun place to be. You get to know so many different people and you all create a bond with each other. From time to time they schedule trips and set up activities like basketball and football games.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more