Vanguard Employee Reviews

Hnw
HIGH NET WORTH SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC14 January 2018
Vanguard was a fun place to work. Good work/life balance and low stress. It can be limited for growth in Charlotte and the one size fits all strategy for clients isn't for me as a planner.
Pros
Job security. Good work life balance. Low stress
Cons
One size fits all investment strategies for clients.
Strong culture and good organization.
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 January 2018
Strong culture and good organization. The training program was very helpful and I learned a lot during it. I managed the stress level very well and enjoyed the people I worked with.
Vanguard- Great Culture
Retirement Plan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA11 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at Vanguard. My colleagues were great and friendly. My manager was receptive and the culture was perfect. Vanguard provided many benefits and the pay was good.
Pros
Free lunches on Friday, flexibility
Cons
short breaks, micro managing
RIG Department needs major overhaul
Brokerage Investment Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA10 January 2018
Vicious cycle of poor service which reflects in disgruntled clients creating disgruntled workers who work with below average resources and salaries who then continue to give poor service as a result of the stress and the lack of pay/resources. Low ability to advance outside the department. Extremely rigid scheduling sick days/vacation all mixed in, have to break time to the exact minute. Bathroom breaks included in the 30 minute allotment for the day.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, lack of advancement, low pay, poor work environment
Great place to work espcially for someone just starting in Finance.
RESOLUTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ10 January 2018
Vanguard is by far the best of the best when it comes to customer service. They sincerely care about the customer's experience and are always looking for ways to improve. I truly admired the company for it's ethics. The unfortunate part was the pay. They lost a lot of good people when trying to combine their retail and brokerage platforms. They doubled the work load and never properly increased the pay. Which all started with the change of CEOs and John Bogel's retirement. I will say though as investments go: Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs are the best in the biz. They are known for being the lowest cost provider out there.
Pros
I will ALWAYS reccomend Vanguard products!
Cons
Low pay
Fast-paced
Randstad Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA9 January 2018
Upon hiring, employees are told to treat each day like an ongoing interview and this is definitely true as you are held to the highest standard. Each day you are expected to show up and be the best
Stressful and Underpaid
Asset Transfer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 January 2018
Vanguard does a great job in trying to offer you as much support as possible. The managers are great and want you to succeed at Vanguard. The overall tasks that are to be completed at Vanguard however are quite stressful. The job is basically a call center and by nature is extremely micromanaged. Clients will also get on your case and start yelling at you about stuff that is totally out of your control so the job can get exhausting very quickly.
Pros
Supportive managers, Work life balance.
Cons
Micromanaged, PTO is blocked off during tax season December-April
Great Company
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ9 January 2018
Arrive to work 15 mins early
Morning team huddle
Await incoming calls

Gain company knowledge to improve the ability to service calls. There will be an adjustment to handling incoming calls effectively & efficiently
Excellent Place to Work
Sr. Cognos BI Developer & Lead (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA8 January 2018
Vanguard is one of the nice Client to work for where we do have competitive challenges to prove ourselves.

Vanguard a nice place to show ours skills in terms of solving challenging reports.
Wonderful Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania4 January 2018
I had a wondeful experiece working for this company. I learned a lot and felt welcomed. It was a great starting point for my career and am lucky to have had the opportunity.
Numbers
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ2 January 2018
Great place to work if you're looking for a career in Finance. The job is very technical and focused on processing financial data. Not much social interaction
Pros
Company
Cons
lack of social interaction
Great Security + Benefits!
ICS Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ29 December 2017
Simple, easy job. Amazing job security and the best benefits I've ever heard of. Low salary though, well below industry average. It's a place to build a career, and you'll make more in your 401k benefits than your salary wage.
Good pay
INSPECTION CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Puerto Rico28 December 2017
Good pay, job is good if you know english and have vast knowledge in construction, employees at caguas four point hotel were very nice and helped with any question I had.
Productive place to work
Senior Consultant, Adeptyx Consulting (Former Employee) –  very collaborative work environment27 December 2017
Overall very good place to work.Employees paired with each other to share knowledge and helped pick up the slack when others were struggling. People were recognized for achievement.
Pros
very collaborative work environment
Great environment
Research Analyst / Claims Investigator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL27 December 2017
This was a great place to work. My co workers were pleasant and great to work with and great benefits and hours. Great management.
Cafeteria on premises.
No thanks.
Superintendent electrician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX27 December 2017
This company is not a good company. They will take advantage of their workers and stress them out; they are all about themselves. There are no perks to working here.
Good place to work.
Account Transition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC21 December 2017
Great people, great for college graduates to get your foot in the door in the financial industry. Pays for licensing, great benefits, good culture. ..
Fast paced
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN21 December 2017
It's a very fast paced environment to work in. I enjoyed working there. I specialized in mounting tires. Therefore I was known as the tire guy. I enjoyed working there.
The Flagship of Client service.
Client Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA15 December 2017
Working for Vanguard exposed me to various financial intermediaries that allowed me to shape my financial background in my tenure. I worked with Retirement plans and 529 College savings plans exclusively to assist clients in meeting their financial goals.
Great Company
Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA15 December 2017
Vanguard is a great company to work for and they are on the verge of cutting edge technology! If you enjoy a fast paced environment and can embrace change easily Vanguard is the place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.