Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed my coworkers and liked my boss
Data Entry Clerk III (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Almost Everything
Cons: Can't think on anything, enjoyed working there
Enjoyed my job. Data entry. Could listen to head phones while working. Liked my boss quite a bit. Monday through Friday, day hours. Paid weekly.
Productive and fun workplace
It Help Desk (Former Employee), Wayne, PAJuly 26, 2015
Vanguard was a good place to work at. My manager was great all my co workers were very helpful. the typical work day were back to back calls
n/a
Total Rewards Specialist (Current Employee), MalvernJuly 21, 2015
I've already reviewed this company. Please see the first review for more information regarding my experience. Please accept this as my review as I don't have anything further to offer regarding this company.
Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 9, 2015
I've had many happy years here and built a career that's lasted and grown. I would recommend the place to anyone who enjoys a strong corporate culture.
Great Company
Senior Annuity Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 4, 2015
Working at Vanguard was great for 4 years. I really enjoyed the people I worked with there and I hope to stay in contact with them in the future.
Vanguard is the top company
Defined Benefits Contractor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 3, 2015
Vanguard is the top company to work for in the financial industry. They treat their employees right and never cut corners. It is a great place to work and learn the ins and outs.
Good company, management cares
Client Relationship Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
Supportive management that cares about personal development and growth. Large company with many people doing the same role. Need to buy into Vanguard philosophy.
lots of room for advancement
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 30, 2015
a typical day consisted of processing mutal funds, rollovers, 401k's, IRA;s

the most enjoyable part of the day was getting my accuracy in processing to 99.9%

my coworkers were always supportive and helped whenever someone was having a technical issue.

management was very fair and allowed growth for everyone.
Had a friendly manager who kept the team motivated
Senior C# .Net Developer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
Vanguard treats permanent employees very well - 2 days a week working from home, time off for personal business. The contractors on my team did the grunt work but were never excluded from monthly team lunches, social events, etc.
Stable and systematic company
Instructional Design Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great products/services
Cons: Challenges due to technology
Not inclined to spend lots of money on technology,however, the product and people are working hard to overcome. The University is working hard to be a world class training organization.
Good Company
Investment Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Company culture is a plus. Everyone encourages your development and will help you to achieve your goals. Great benefits package.
Vanguard has been an overall great experience
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great management team
I had enjoyed working with Vanguard. I started my day by going through my task list to see what is priority. I worked on correspondence, power point presentation, scheduled Swiss Army and blood drive, budget, overlooking the graphic arts, and filing. I had a great management team and co-workers. We all worked very well together. The hardest part was scheduling for a meeting during the summer, but I managed to figure out a time for all of them to meet. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was was the learning opportunities.
Best time
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 20, 2015
- Puts customer first in all regards
- Great place to learn new things
- Great co-workers
- Thoroughly enjoyed and learned from this job
Processor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Vanguard. They taught me a lot about investments and transferring of money. They were also helpful when I was going to school to become a medical assistant.
Great safe place to begin your professional career
REPORTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Reliable work, licensing and training, good benefits package
Cons: Below average pay for an investment firm, limited advancement opportunities outside of the main PA office.
Vanguard is a traditional company with traditional values. They create an atmosphere of professionalism without being too stodgy. They have a focus on diversity and encourage employees to find opportunities to improve.
The three main areas to work are IT (largest), Financial Management (hardest to get into), and client service (easiest to get into).

Most of the interpersonal client contact is over – more... the phone, so it is a call center, but the company strives to not let it feel like one. There is room to advance in this area, but mostly just as people managers. The best jobs are in their Pennsylvania offices.

Financial management (fund management) is the backbone of the company. Vanguard consistently outperforms their peers in the industry because their cost structure is low. They have proven investment managers making the decisions and they are held accountable for those decisions.

Vanguard repeatedly wins 'best place to work' awards because of their IT division. They spend lots of time and resources on this group because the business needs them to be well trained and good producers. – less
Client Relationship Specialist
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Valley ForgeJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great 401k, medical and dental plans, PTO, and work life balance
Cons: Below average pay with little to no chance of advancement
Great immediate job out of college if you are trying to get your foot in the door. Income gap between what you are paid and industry average starts off not too bad but quickly starts to widen as you climb higher in company. Would recommend you work here about 1-3 years then you can leave for a better job with a better company. Vanguard is just a stepping stone. Management isn't the best because most are just there to collect the paycheck and not actually put in work or enjoy being there. Culture of promotions and career advancement is very corrupt, very often the most qualified candidate is turned down in favor of the more popular associate.
Processor (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Hours that I was able to work and vacation time
I enjoyed working here. I started out as a temp where I then was going to school at night to become a medical assistant. I was then hired fulltime to work at Vanguard where I was taught to open new accounts for clients on a daily basis. After about a year or so I was transferred to a new department where I transferred stocks for clients and helped invest there money.
Excellent company to work for with strong teamwork, excellent leadership,and positive culture.
Various Positions (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJune 5, 2015
-Positive work environment
-Strong leadership across departments and divisions
-Flexibility to move around in the company an learn new skill
-Many positions available to demonstrate your strengths
productive
Performance Tester (Former Employee), Malvern, PAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
enjoyed it
Upholsterer (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 27, 2015
Fun place to work, I was there for a long time, enjoyed my time there.

Very fast paced work environment. Management was very helpful and understanding,

Very good work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vanguard

About Vanguard Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors. Since – Read more