Vanderlande Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a bad company, "It's just the Manager"
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), SJU AIRPORT San Juan, PRFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Night shift
Cons: Manager
You can't work with two cousins being managers at the same office. How they make it? lying...
More than 6 employees quit in less than a year, Manager doesn't have education, it's a kindergarten office.
Very bad management
mechanic (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 30, 2015
Cons: Health care, lack of respect, long hours, no sick time, mandatory over time do to minimum staffing no raises, unkept promises, poor and inexperienced management, unsafe work environment do to long hours and under staffing disconnected sight manager.
There is no interaction between the manager and the employees. It would seem that any employee below management level is treated as sub human. Upper management doesn't care about the "worker bees" of the company. This sight is running on minimum staffing and a lot of things have been cut at the expense of the employee.
A typical day at work
Layout Engineer (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 21, 2015
the company assign me a project which is managed by a group of engineers, my job is to create the layouts of this project to be built, i create the system model to be use as a referent file to create a specific layout, as a elevation, system layout, supports layouts, impact protection layouts, catwalk layouts.
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee), GPOctober 21, 2015
Was nice to work for Vanderlande I had a opportunity to see the word did most of the day planning Corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance the management help me a lot with office programs that I can say I know well now, the co-workers is good personnel that is always willing to help if help was needed
New working expierence
Junior Mechanic (Current Employee), Honolulu AirportSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Good benifits
Cons: Overworked and low staffing, poor management and lacking experience
New airport work-site contract with Vanderlande.
Start up was rough as expected but the further into the project the more problems and issues showed.

-Encourages more responsibility and collateral duties with no pay increase
-Lower pay than previous contract holder
-Less Staffing higher workload
-High lack of experience from management
-Low outlook for things to improve
Very fast paced office must be a muti-tasker.
SR. PROJECT SITE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
I have been working in the same office for over 20 years. I just want a change. Same office 3 different companies.

My skills are very matured and unique. I love the fact that I can build and maintain work relationships.

My day at work is always a busy day , never a dull moment.
Great Co-workers.

hardest part of my job I have no room for growth
Really good people i worked with.
Unjammer and CRO (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: Great people and able to interact with customers and help solve there problems.
Cons: constant change of heath plans and management was lacking.
I learned a lot about myself and others working here it was a weird schedule that management didn't want to help fill unless they absolutely need too. If you needed time off or if you needed to use your vacation time you had to go through your co-worker even if you put in a two weeks notice or even a two month notice. This job was a great atmosphere since my coworkers were such an enjoy to be around i couldn't complain about the ones i worked with on a daily bases.If i had to describe a typical day there it would be difficult due to the schedule we all had. The job that i had was a lot of running around and a lot of helping my coworkers and customers and also covering for other coworkers. The hardest part of my job was get a problem solved with management it was either they never came out of there office or they just didn't want to listen to the coworkers. The people i had the opportunity to work with was the highlight of my 3 years with that company i miss the guys I'm unable to get ahold of but the coworkers i talk to and hang out with from there i wouldn't change it for the world they are like family to me.
Learnig curve
Engineering operative (Current Employee), London Heathrow Airport, ENGJune 2, 2015
Pros: Airport exsposure
Cons: shift work
Always learning and encountring different challenges. Working in a big team, but sometimes on your own on smaller projects.
Highly Teamwork Culture & Work - Life Balance.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Salaries, compensation, executive support and professional growth opportunities.
Cons: Highly Relocations
High Teamwork Culture, Excellent Executive Support and Relationship and Work - Life Balance. Excellent professional growth opportunities and good salaries and benefits.
Always accept challenges and prove your self that you are the best
EHS MANAGER (Current Employee), Jeddah, S02December 26, 2014
Jobs includes loading and offloading of big machines with tower cranes where site is very crowded more then 20000 workers are always on project and area s very congested. Basement ground floor and upto level three different activities are always on going very difficult to plan work with other sub contractors those are working in the area ...
Productive and fun workplace
IT engineer II (Current Employee), Pune, MHSeptember 3, 2014
Responsibilities:

AD Migration 2003 to 2008
ISA 2006 PROXY ISA forefront
LAN, WAN, Symantec AV, Outlook ,incident tickets, Service desk , help desk support, Desktop Support
Only two people organize the big site
Electrician/ Utility mechanic (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 30, 2014
Vanderlande Industies is just good because they build all the carousel in A and B con of terminal 4 .Only few people make it unknown
Love the challenging aspect of the job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 7, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: healthcare premiums
12 hour shifts, manage all daily operations. Keep the entire Baggage handling system running on a daily basis. If our equipment was down for mechanical, electrcal, or systematical reasons. We would be required to get the system running or customers would not get their baggage when they arrived to their destination. Get along well with the entire staff including management, my crew, and the rest of the team. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job and that would be keeping the entire Airports system running to ensure everybody has their property when they arrive to their destination
Loved this job
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Barton-under-NeedwoodJanuary 21, 2014
12Hrs. excellent shift pattern. Local. Salary not competitive now.
European company adapting to US work culture
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 9, 2013
Learned about the industry. Keeping in alignment with headquarter goals was a challenge.
Excellent employer
Skilled Trade / Millwright / Foreman (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2013
Pros: supplied required speciality tools and equipment
Cons: contract work
Worked well with needs of the employees
Great Field Supervisor
Fast growing Baggage Handling Company
Senior Accountant / Assistance Controller (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 27, 2012
VI is a very relaxing company to work for. Vanderlande Industries is dedicated to improving its customers’ business processes and competitive position by providing automated material handling systems and services.

Focus is to improve our customers’ logistics processes and increase their logistics performance today, tomorrow and throughout the entire life cycle.

Great Benefits for employee and yearly Bonus.
very Classy, focus on customer, fair to employees
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2012
Pros: attention to detail, customer satisfaction is very high
Cons: dutch culture and focus on central management
Great value and quality driven. Great company to work for.
Multi langual, friendly to new comers, career orinted
Compromissos com os funcionários.
Engenheiro de Manutenção (Current Employee), Brasília, DFNovember 10, 2015
Excelente empresa. Ótimos benéficos e compromissos com os funcionários.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, gran instalaciones de automatismos eléctricos.
Operador SCADA (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJune 15, 2015
Destacar el buen ambiente que formamos el equipo de mantenimiento y la posibilidad que tengo en los turnos nocturnos de salir de la sala de control y conocer los elementos que forman la instalación del Sistema Automático de Tratamiento de Equipajes de la Terminal 1 del Aeropuerto de Barcelona-el Prat.