Vancouver School Board Employee Review

View all Vancouver School Board reviews

meaningful work with constant learning opportunities
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2012
Going to various classrooms, working with designated children,
helping them to be a part of the regular classroom.

Every child is different and every classroom is different. You learn new things every day.

Principals vary from school to school but they are all generally interested in a well run school that helps each child reach their potential.

My coworkers at my current location are the best I have worked with during my 18 years of doing this job. I hope to stay at this location as long as I can.

The hardest part of the job is usually the challenging behaviors of some of the students and if you are in a classroom where the teacher doesn't understand that children with disabilities need to be accommodated if they are going to be successful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with children and seeing them grow and learn.
Pros
professional and positive atmosphere
Cons
you have to work more hours than you get payed for if you want to do a really good job.

Other Vancouver School Board Employee Reviews

Provides a safe place and learning environment for children
Administrative Assistant, Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2017
I have been at this position for 21 years. A school is a great place to work, as you are constantly learning and helping others. There are many types of employment at a school.
Pros
watching students learn and work together
Cons
deadlines, fast paced
fun working with other nationality
School Custodian (Current Employee) –  Crosstown14 August 2017
the enjoyable part of my job is sharing ideas with others and willing to learns in others experience. To make the work for our team and to make some improvement. To make others happy.