Vancouver Rowing Club – Rowing Coach
Position: Rowing Coach, Junior Program Head Coach
Experience: 1-3 years
The Vancouver Rowing Club (VRC) is non-profit, multi sport, amateur athletic club centrally located in the heart of Vancouver. Established in 1886, VRC is Vancouver’s oldest club with a rich history of Amateur, International and Olympic competition. VRC also continues to serve Vancouver’s diverse community by offering many social and athletic programs and events.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- To develop and deliver year-round performance rowing program curriculum of up to 40 junior athletes.
- To organize crews for competitive racing.
- Develop a high performing team for success, ranging from Junior Novice to Junior A.
- Support and mentor assistant coaches for consistency in athlete messaging and growth within the coaching team.
- To ensure the Club polices are understood and implemented by coaches and membership.
- Direct membership in day-to-day maintenance of equipment.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
- RCA/NCCP: Minimum Level 1 RCA Coach Certification or equivalent.
- PCOC Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a program and youth leader.
- Strong background in coaching competitive youth athletes.
- Proven organizational and communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest and the Vancouver Rowing Club as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further.