Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Island Health Authority reviews

Great breaks and lunches with lots of friends from different departments
Med. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 July 2013
Doing rounds in hospital to ICU, Catlab, and pacemaker clinic to pick up reports for me to type. I shared a two person office with a very nice lady who typed the graphs from catlab procedures. I was the BC registry clerk and registered openheart surgeries and pacemaker, ICD's. The hardest part of the job was to transcribed for one particular Doctor with very bad handwriting but after searching to net, I could always figure it out on my own and sometimes help from a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I always managed to get things done and the sense of pride that went with it.
Pros
4 weeks holidays
Cons

Other Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews

Great group of people
Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 January 2018
I enjoyed working with my team in NRGH as we worked as a "team". Unfortunately, with the budget restraints and restructuring of the hospital system, job security was not feasible. The higher-ups managers were very transient.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
No permanent positions
Overall
Medical Health Office - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo22 January 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. They are very willing to work with your life/home balance. There are fair sick days, vacation days, etc. to manage your day to day life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location