Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Island Health Authority reviews

Great breaks and lunches with lots of friends from different departments
Med. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 July 2013
Doing rounds in hospital to ICU, Catlab, and pacemaker clinic to pick up reports for me to type. I shared a two person office with a very nice lady who typed the graphs from catlab procedures. I was the BC registry clerk and registered openheart surgeries and pacemaker, ICD's. The hardest part of the job was to transcribed for one particular Doctor with very bad handwriting but after searching to net, I could always figure it out on my own and sometimes help from a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I always managed to get things done and the sense of pride that went with it.
Pros
4 weeks holidays

Other Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews

Public Health Nurse
Full-time Public Health nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 November 2017
Position was enjoyable as colleagues were wonderful to collaborate with and family population very satisfying to work with. Disappointing that they were removing permanent part-time positions as many of the nurses are mothers and trying to raise healthy children and support families. Seemed a little hypocritical at time.
Pros
day time hours
Cons
services were being altered and it seems less support given to healthy transitioning families
Currently experiencing management issues
Biomedical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC29 November 2017
Work is demanding with little direction from management as to the organization's goals and approaches to these goals. Current practice of partnership programs is proving to be problematic. Management is unwilling to listen to input from their employees at any level. Their have been noted instances of management bully the employees into performing duties they are not comfortable with or not properly trained for. Some Unions appear to be supportive of the member, while others do not seem to assist the member. This is not the same as when I joined the employer years ago.
Pros
location has best views and climate in Canada
Cons
some areas have a high cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location