Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Island Health Authority reviews

Great company with growth opportunity
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 August 2013
I've only been working for VIHA for a few months but knew I wanted to be a part of this great company for much longer. Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) has a great reputation for its care of patients and clients and also for the amazing opportunities and benefits given to employees.

I am very proud to be a part of the VIHA family and am looking forward to finding out just how far I can grow within this company!

Other Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews

Public Health Nurse
Full-time Public Health nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 November 2017
Position was enjoyable as colleagues were wonderful to collaborate with and family population very satisfying to work with. Disappointing that they were removing permanent part-time positions as many of the nurses are mothers and trying to raise healthy children and support families. Seemed a little hypocritical at time.
Pros
day time hours
Cons
services were being altered and it seems less support given to healthy transitioning families
Currently experiencing management issues
Biomedical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC29 November 2017
Work is demanding with little direction from management as to the organization's goals and approaches to these goals. Current practice of partnership programs is proving to be problematic. Management is unwilling to listen to input from their employees at any level. Their have been noted instances of management bully the employees into performing duties they are not comfortable with or not properly trained for. Some Unions appear to be supportive of the member, while others do not seem to assist the member. This is not the same as when I joined the employer years ago.
Pros
location has best views and climate in Canada
Cons
some areas have a high cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location