Vancouver International Marathon Society
The Vancouver International Marathon Society is the non-profit organization responsible for the BMO Vancouver Marathon. The event is one of Canada's marquee marathons and has an impressive 42 history in Vancouver and the running community internationally. The Society is volunteer-based; lead by a volunteer Board of Directors and supported by over 4,000 invaluable support volunteers, and a small event team.
In 2011, the Society embarked on a bold new vision to make the event a world-class destination marathon. With a solid strategy in place to move the event to a world-class status, the Society seeks to build its team with enthusiastic and passionate individuals who will contribute to this vision.
- Assist in the management of all items for the Finish Line Hospitality Tent for 300 guests which may include ordering catering supplies, food and drink orders, waste management plan, design and layout, security, signage etc
- Receive and set up all Hospitality Tent items
- Tear down and return all Hospitality Tent items
- Package all items on Monday, May 5 to be collected by Sponsors or stored at Society warehouse
- Reports to Sponsorship Manager.
- Able to multi-task and have strong organizational and logistics skills
- Experience in managing group of 4 or more and an effective communicator
- Demonstrate organizational values and a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent leadership skills and able to problem solve
- Enthusiasm, smiles, and a positive attitude
- Confidence in dealing with the public
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Details & Commitment:
- 8 days Monday April 28 – Friday May 9
- Volunteer Position
Recognition and Rewards:
- Be part of one of Canada’s marquee marathons that is still managed and staged by a non-profit Society and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of runners who are striving to achieve a personal goal. Help celebrate the triumphs of sport and be an ambassador for our city and neighbourhoods
- Develop your team skills by working with a diverse groups of staff, volunteers, sponsors, and supporters
- Expand your network and connect with local organizations, businesses, community groups and events
- Get inspired + have fun!
Indeed - 12 months ago
The Vancouver International Marathon Society is the non-profit organization responsible for the BMO Vancouver Marathon. The event is one of...