Recognition and Rewards:
- Be part of one of Canada’s marquee marathons that is still managed and staged by a non-profit Society and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of runners who are striving to achieve a personal goal. Help celebrate the triumphs of sport and be an ambassador for our city and neighbourhoods.
- Develop your team skills by working with a diverse groups of staff, volunteers, sponsors, and supporters.
- Expand your network and connect with local organizations, businesses, community groups and events.
- Get inspired + have fun!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sponsorship Manager to create, update and design high quality external communication and business development collateral, presentation materials, invitations and other projects as required
- Manage the Sponsor pages on the website and content for Social Media platforms
- Ensure consistency and set design parameters and stylistic guidelines consistent with our brand and stakeholders’ brands
- Prepare final files for hand-off to internal team members, printers and suppliers
- Maintain excellent time management skills
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas
- Contributes to an organizational culture of innovation, collaboration and team achievement.
- Reports to Sponsorship Manager
Skills & Experience Required:
- A degree in marketing, communications or business.
- Knowledge of Wordpress, HTML and CSS
- Strong writing skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, DreamWeaver)
- Initiative, proactive with a keen sense of responsibility
- Flexibility to receive and evaluate differing opinions
- Ability to handle many projects at the same time and work in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Clear understanding of brand standards.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and to manage projects and resources with minimal supervision
- Understanding of volunteer or non-profit models and Demonstrate organizational values and a “can-do” attitude.
Details & Commitment:
- 15-20 hours/week from February 1 – June 15, 2014 – exact dates negotiable
- Unpaid practicum
We thank you for your interested, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago
The Vancouver International Marathon Society is the non-profit organization responsible for the BMO Vancouver Marathon. The event is one of...