Vancouver International College is a newly-established independent school, duly registered with the BC Ministry of Education. Originally established in Toronto, Ontario, we have recently opened a new branch in New Westminster, BC. We at VIC are committed to offering quality ESL (English as a Second Language), EAP (English for Academic Purposes), UP (University Preparation) and PGP (Post-Graduate Preparation) courses to students from around the world. We also offer courses in a variety of fields at the Grade 10-12 level, allowing students to ultimately earn their Dogwood Diploma. Our mission is to grant students a pathway to a university degree in Canada that will open doors to numerous opportunities for future success. VIC provides a solid foundation for advanced studies in the liberal arts and sciences by offering government-accredited UP courses and rigorous ESL training while maintaining high academic standards and giving careful attention to the individual needs of each student. We strive to create a supportive and inspiring environment for students in order to encourage them to pursue academic excellence, and to develop a life-long passion for learning. Our knowledgeable and committed staff work tirelessly to ensure our students become responsible and compassionate world citizens who demonstrate innovation, leadership, commitment and integrity in all their endeavors.
VIC is currently looking for a full-time Chinese speaking Student Services Coordinator at our newly established college. Reporting to the Dean and Principal, the Student Services Coordinator engages with a wide variety of individuals including faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni. The qualified candidate in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Creating, managing and evaluating student services, programs and events; contributing to the development of student life at the college as a whole; planning, organizing and evaluating student services and programs designed to meet the needs of an international student population.
- Coordinating and running the airport pick-up program for international students who have been admitting to VIC; driving students from the airport upon arrival, to their homestay families in Burnaby or New Westminster.
- Advertising for and selecting suitable families/households for the homestay program; interviewing individuals/families for this service, and doing home checks; matching student preferences and requirements to suitable local homestay prospects
- Introducing students to the public transportation system; helping students open banking and cell phone accounts; orienting students to local facilities available to them (public library, exercise facilities, coffee shops, restaurants, shopping malls).
- Performing student counselling and advising duties to students regarding academic policies, university admission requirements, BC graduation procedures, VIC courses and programs offered etc.
- Helping to coordinate summer and winter programs and camps.
- Acting as a co-chaperone with at least one other instructor during class field trips and outings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with students (preferably international students) in a formal or informal setting
- The qualified applicant will hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
** The qualified applicant will speak Chinese
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Vancouver International College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Vancouver International College offers students excellent facilities, and is located in Uptown New Westminster - roughly 30 minutes from...