Vancouver International College is a well-established independent school, duly registered with the BC Ministry of Education. Originally established in Toronto, Ontario, we have recently opened a new branch in New Westminster, BC. We at VIC are committed to offering quality ESL (English as a Second Language), EAP (English for Academic Purposes), UP (University Preparation), PGP (Post-Graduate Preparation), and secondary school credit courses ultimately leading to a Dogwood Diploma to students from around the world. Our mission is to grant students a pathway to a university degree in Canada that will open doors to numerous opportunities for future success. VIC provides a solid foundation for advanced studies in the liberal arts and sciences by offering government-accredited UP courses and rigorous ESL training while maintaining high academic standards and giving careful attention to the individual needs of each student. We strive to create a supportive and inspiring environment for students in order to encourage them to pursue academic excellence, and to develop a life-long passion for learning. Our knowledgeable and committed staff work tirelessly to ensure our students become responsible and compassionate world citizens who demonstrate innovation, leadership, commitment and integrity in all their endeavors.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist/Assistant Registrar for our new branch. The ideal candidate will have a bright and friendly personality, and will desire this opportunity as a means of furthering his/her career in the field of ESL studies, education, or office administration. The Receptionist/Assistant Registrar at VIC will report to the Associate Registrar, the Dean, and the Principal. He/she will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Providing front desk reception and telecommunication service
- Answering and transferring phone calls; answering email inquiries
- Proofreading and editing promotional material
- Maintaining the VIC social media networks
- Researching and writing up short news articles for the VIC website
- Providing information on the secondary and post-secondary school systems in BC and on VIC programs and courses to parents, students, or agents.
- Providing secretarial and executive support services to the Principal
- Providing administrative assistance to the Registrar of Students Records, and the Dean
For more information, please visit our website at www.vicedu.ca. VIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply; however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.