Vancouver International College is a well-established independent school, duly registered with the BC Ministry of Education. Originally established in Toronto, Ontario, we have recently opened a new branch in New Westminster, BC. We at VIC are committed to offering quality ESL (English as a Second Language), UP (University Preparation) and PGP (Post-Graduate Preparation) courses to students from around the world. Our mission is to grant students a pathway to a university degree in Canada that will open doors to numerous opportunities for future success. We also offer credit courses to students at a senior level (grades 10-12), enabling students to ultimately achieve their Dogwood Diploma at our College. We provide assistance to students wishing to transition into a new life in Canada, and we help them achieve their future career and educational goals. VIC provides a solid foundation for advanced studies in the liberal arts and sciences by offering government-accredited UP courses and rigorous ESL training while maintaining high academic standards and giving careful attention to the individual needs of each student. We strive to create a supportive and inspiring environment for students in order to encourage them to pursue academic excellence, and to develop a life-long passion for learning. Our knowledgeable and committed staff work tirelessly to ensure our students become responsible and compassionate world citizens who demonstrate innovation, leadership, commitment and integrity in all their endeavors. We strive for excellence and precision in our work on an ongoing basis, and we are looking for like-minded professional individuals to join our team.
Vancouver International College is currently looking for part time (a minimum of four hours per day) Licensed Social Studies Teachers for our newly established branch in New Westminster.
1.Bachelor degree in a related field
2.BC Ministry of Education teaching certificate, or a BC recognized teaching certificate
3. Experience teaching in BC schools, preferably at a senior high school level
- Have a strong knowledge in the appropriate subject area, with effective methods of instructing on this topic
- Be extremely familiar with BC Prescribed Learning Outcomes, and BC Curriculum standards
- Value and care for all students, and act in their best interest
- Be role models who act ethically and honestly
- Understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development
- Value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools
- Implement effective practices in areas of classroom management, planning, instruction, assessment, evaluation and reporting
- Engage in career-long learning
- Actively and constructively contribute to the profession
* This is a contractual position in which contracts will be renewed on a 4-month basis, and schedules will be revised. The position is flexible in that educators can teach more than just one subject if they are qualified to do so (allowing for more hours worked per week). VIC will try to accommodate schedules as much as possible in order for educators to work their desired number of hours per week and to have a consistent schedule, but please note that this may not always be possible. The hourly salary for this position ranges from $21-$25, but may be negotiable depending on prior experience and education. VIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Vancouver International College offers students excellent facilities, and is located in Uptown New Westminster - roughly 30 minutes from...