Vancouver International College is looking for part time (minimum of four hours per day) Licensed Math Teachers for its newly established branch in New Westminster. We offer Credit Courses to students in the fields of English, Language Arts, Physics, Math, Social Studies, Chemistry and Visual Arts, ranging from grades 10-12, enabling students to ultimately achieve their Dogwood Diploma at our College. We provide assistance to students wishing to transition into a new life in Canada, and we help them achieve their future career and educational goals. We strive for excellence and precision in our work on an ongoing basis, and we are looking for like-minded professional individuals to join our team.
- Bachelor degree in Math or a related field
- BC Ministry of Education teaching certificate, or a BC recognized teaching certificate
- Experience teaching in BC schools, preferably at a senior high school level
- Have a strong knowledge in Mathematics, with effective methods of instructing on this topic
- Value and care for all students, and act in their best interest
- Be role models who act ethically and honestly
- Understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development
- Value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools
- Implement effective practices in areas of classroom management, planning, instruction, assessment, evaluation and reporting
- Engage in career-long learning
- Actively and constructively contribute to the profession
* This is a contractual position in which contracts will be renewed on a monthly or bimonthly basis, and schedules will be revised. The position is flexible in that educators can teach more than just one subject if they are qualified to do so (allowing for more hours worked per week). VIC will try to accomodate schedules as much as possible in order for educators to work their desired number of hours per week and to have a consisten schedule, but please note that this may not always be possible.