Vancouver International College is looking for Licensed English Teachers for its newly established branch in New Westminster. We offer English as a Second Language courses to young adult international students looking to supplant or enhance their English skills. We also offer Credit Courses to students in the fields of English, Language Arts, Physics, Math, Social Studies, Chemistry and Visual Arts, ranging from grades 10-12, enabling students to ultimately achieve their Dogwood Diploma at our College. We provide assistance to students wishing to transition into a new life in Canada, and we help them achieve their future career and educational goals. We strive for excellence and precision in our work on an ongoing basis, and we are looking for like-minded professional individuals to join our team.
- Bachelor degree in Education, English Language or English Literature
- BC Ministry of Education teaching certificate, or a BC recognized teaching certificate
- Minimum 1 year experience teaching in BC schools
- Have a strong knowledge of the English language, with effective methods of instructing on this topic
- Value and care for all students, and act in their best interest
- Be role models who act ethically and honestly
- Understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development
- Value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools
- Implement effective practices in areas of classroom management, planning, instruction, assessment, evaluation and reporting
- Engage in career-long learning
- Actively and constructively contribute to the profession
Indeed - 13 months ago
Vancouver International College offers students excellent facilities, and is located in Uptown New Westminster - roughly 30 minutes from...