Vancouver International College is a newly-established independent school, duly registered with the BC Ministry of Education. Originally established in Toronto, Ontario, we have recently opened a new branch in New Westminster, BC. We at VIC are committed to offering quality ESL (English as a Second Language), EAP (English for Academic Purposes), UP (University Preparation), and PGP (Post-Graduate Preparation) courses to students from around the world. We also offer courses in a variety of fields at the Grade 10-12 level, allowing students to ultimately earn their Dogwood Diploma. Our mission is to grant students a pathway to a university degree in Canada that will open doors to numerous opportunities for future success. VIC provides a solid foundation for advanced studies in the liberal arts and sciences by offering government-accredited UP courses and rigorous ESL training while maintaining high academic standards and giving careful attention to the individual needs of each student. We strive to create a supportive and inspiring environment for students in order to encourage them to pursue academic excellence, and to develop a life-long passion for learning. Our knowledgeable and committed staff work tirelessly to ensure our students become responsible and compassionate world citizens who demonstrate innovation, leadership, commitment and integrity in all their endeavors.
VIC is currently looking for a BC Ministry of Education certified secondary school teacher for a part-time IELTS Instructor position. This candidate may also be responsible for teaching BCCG credit courses at the secondary school level. Reporting to the Dean, Principal and ESL/EAP Director, the IELTS Instructor will be responsible for:
1. Providing effective and enthusiastic English language instruction
2. Managing the classroom to ensure a safe and effective learning environment
3. Planning and delivering instructional activities that reflect Canada’s culturally diverse community
4. Providing evaluation, assessment and feedback to students
5. Preparing, administering and marking student work and exams
6. Maintaining records relating to student achievement, attendance and progress reports
7. Being flexible and responsive to student needs
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (English Literature, Education etc.)
2. BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate
3. Must have IELTS teaching experience
4. TESL Certification (recommended)
5. Mandarin language skill is helpful
This position will start as a part-time position (2 hours per day), but could lead to a full-time position for the right candidate.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Vancouver International College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Positions Available: 1
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree