Vancouver General Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing work environment in Canada's second largest hospital
Assistant Director, Building Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2017
A dynamic work environment with over 1100 patient beds and 8000 employees. A great patient focused attention from the management team. A teaching hospital and BC's main trauma centre.
Vgh
Distribution Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 September 2017
There are plenty of great professionals working in many varying opportunities. If you apply yourself and seek out the opportunities the sky is the limit for you.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Lack of parking
Good work environment. Safe and clean.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
Very team oriented and working with others is very inspiring. Learn a lot from your team members.

Loved to help patients and families as well as remaining professional.

you will keep busy at Vancouver Hospital but it's very rewarding.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
its a nice place to volunteer at and you can meet nice people, its a safe environment and easy job tasks, you get to experience how working in a hospital feels like
Very interesting place to work
Perioperative Nurse (Operating Room) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 March 2017
Although I worked there for a short period I found this job to be very good experience. I left due to maternity leave.
Some of the nurses were very competitive and clicky, but that is to be expected. Management was very nice.
Pros
Lots of great surgeries and talent
Cons
No cons
Dynamic work setting
Nursing Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2017
A typical day at work for me is usually fairly busy. I enjoy working with my co workers and the diversity of the job due to my status as a casual float. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to see how the different units run and being apart of their team.
Pros
I get to make my own schedule, I pick up shifts on the units I prefer.
Average
Area Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2017
Overall, Vgh is a great place to work at. Pay is also good. IF you are a casual be ready to expect a lot of work squeezed in together then a week or two of GOOD TIME OF REST"
very nice place
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
very very fun place to work, meet a lot of nice people the doctors are nice and staff is nice parking is expensive. very busy place and has a wonder food court
Pros
nice food court
Cons
very busy no parking
Productive and good learning experience
Full-time Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 October 2016
I learned patience, discipline, good time management skills and customer service. It was a busy work environment. Lots of things going on a the same time. It was lots of fun and a great learning experience. I really enjoyed working at the hospital.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No overtime
A Very Friendly Environment
Info Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2016
Absolutely love helping patients, families, staff and other people find hospital services and departments. The fast paced environment and the multitasking is one of the areas that is a wonderful attribute. People are very friendly, and the hospital environment is somewhere where I have always wanted to be.

If you're wanting to get some skills, and you're wanting to work with a wonderful team of people, then this is an excellent opportunity. Just started in August, and it has been the best move that I have done! This is a wonderful volunteer opportunity!

Want to know more about Vancouver General Hospital?

Ask a question
Fun plave to work
Nursing Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2016
Vgh is an amazing place to work!! The work-life balance is great. I truly recommend Vancouver general hospital!
The staff the patients, I can't say enough good things about it!
Uplifiting workplace
Book Cart (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2016
Volunteering for VGH is a very pleasant experience for me because I plan to pursue a career in medicine.
Fun and structured workplace
Casual Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2016
Learned about medicine units, fast pace emergency dynamics,
how to work with mental health patients
the challenges of working shift work.
Best health care center
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2016
I have got a great experience to work with the Patients and got familiar with EMR program and really enjoyed to be apart of a big organization and working as a team.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2015
A busy teaching learning hospital. Great people and work environment. Lots of learning opportunities to grow and advance.
Great experience with customer service and fun place to work
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC6 October 2015
Fun place to work. I had to answer phones, and also work the information desks at VGH and Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre, so I have gained a lot of experience with customer service. I also had to do "locating" which was dealing with emergency codes such as: cardiac arrests, and fire alarms. It was never boring working there as it was always different.
Pros
Great staff and interesting job
Cons
I worked a lot of overtime hours
Poor Organization on the operations end
Portfolio Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2015
The portfolios are impossible to keep under control. I feel it is because of a lack of willingness to reorganize them to make them more manageable . There is great potential but no one seems to want to do anything to improve the situation. Very disheartening.
Great work environment and great staff
Registered Nurse - General Surgery/ENT/GI (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2015
This is one of my favorite employers to date. I highly recommend working for Vancouver Coastal Health. They value and treat their staff with respect.
Pros
Work 12-14 days per month
Cons
Long Hours, very expensive city
It was a productive and fun work place even though it also came with a lot of stress but I handle stress well.
Facilitator for B.R.I.D.G.E.S (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC21 March 2015
BRIDGES stands for Building Recovery of Individual Dreams & Goals through Education & Support. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference in peoples lives and had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to fix someone overnight and the stress that came with that. A typical day would be making the posters, handing out work sheets to the clients, studying the brain and preparing lectures for the class.
Pros
Feeling you helped someone
Cons
A lot of prep work on my own time
Fun workplace
Nursing Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2015
I like the ward where I regularly work, the staff is pretty awesome.
Other wards potentially have grumpy and/or rude staff. It really depends on the ward you work as to whether working here is right for you.