Vancouver Film School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun, functional, and collaborative work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2018
VFS expects its knowledgeable faculty to progress with the industry at large, and to stay informed. Our department is structured to accommodate this, working around our independent projects via long-term part-time positions with flexible hours. The faculty and staff are knowledgeable, friendly and supportive, and the students - representing regions around the world - are amazing to work with. Only critique: it would be nice for more seasoned instructors to have the option of teaching full-time in future, with benefits.
Pros
Friendly staff and faculty, amazing students from around the world, opportunities to continue working and progressing in field
Cons
Few full-time positions for faculty, so limited benefit packages
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2018
VFS is an amazing place to work, with employees from all over the world they are very organized and efficient.
Working with students from all over the world is a very rewarding experience too.
Vancouver Film School Game Design Campus
Artist & Co-Programmer of Best Final Project (Former Employee) –  British Columbia15 December 2017
En el campus de Game Design se tienen equipos de computo con equipos altamente avanzados para agilizar el desarrollo de software, las instalaciones son pequeñas pero suficientes, con cuarto de grabacion, conferencias, video, recreacion y videojuegos.

La gente que trabaja en la Vancounver Film School es amable y te reta a trabajar y sigo hablando con algunos aun despues de acabar mis estudios.
Pros
Buenas instalaciones, Buenos equipos, Personal amigable
Cons
Calle externa al campus es sucia comparado al resto de la ciudad
This was my Final Project at Vancouver Film School
Level Designer, Programmer, and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2017
Final Project for my time at Vancouver Film School at the Game Design Program. I was the Project Manager, Level Designer, and assisted with the Programming on the Game.
I could be more confidence when I am performing in the future.
Performer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2016
I could have had more acting experience, and accumulated after a certain degree until I can perfect their own show in front of everybody, I could bring everyone my joy and relaxation.
Pros
Performance experience
Cons
long hours to train
Excellent Faculty
Vocal Teacher/ Accompanist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2015
My years at VFS were life-changing, and provided me with the opportunity to impart my passion of music, to many students.
I was allowed the gift of personal growth, and guidance to re-shape my teaching style, and create with so many talented professionals.
I had the very best co-workers, all of whom remain friends, and would return in a heartbeat.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
a lower staff morale due to some curriculum changes.
Extremely fun place to work
International Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver17 March 2015
Being a sales representative on a salary, we were often asked to put in 100+ hour work weeks, work from home etc. It made providing a balanced life for my family quite difficult. The job itself was very fun, the atmosphere was great.
Pros
bonus plans, incentive structures
Cons
Incredibly long hours
An Exciting, New Challenge Every Day
Administrative Assistant - Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 October 2014
There is no 'typical' day at VFS. Every day provided new challenges in how to improve the student experience. Every staff contribution helps to keep VFS the "premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution and one of the most distinguished in the world."
Suckage
Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2014
Management has no clue. No communication. No job security. Courses are overpriced. Instructors are good.
Not much camaraderie, a lot of talk with no follow through. They hire and fire based on personality as apposed to professionalism and work ethics.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 July 2013
No support from colleagues. You are expected to learn new things on your own.
Upper management are elitist.
If you don't have the same social standing (or, in this case an alternative life style) as the rest of the staff you will be looked down on and ostracized.
Pros
If you fit the social criteria, it can be fun.
Cons
Bad training. Untrustworthy management.

Want to know more about Vancouver Film School?

Ask a question
Excellent working enviroment with little stress
Principal Driver; Campus Mail Courier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2013
Full time 40 hour a week job with an excellent salary and friendly co-workers.

I was the principal delivery driver and mail courier for the school.
Every day was different as my responsibilities changed.
One day would be picking up camera's from richmond, another, i would be helping transporting people between campus locations.
Pros
excellent wage, friendly co-workers, sense of importance in company
Cons
occasional monotonous moments
On the go with the capable students of VFS.
"The Sphinx" - Pilot Series (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC2 October 2012