Vancouver Community College Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work co workers very friendly and helpful
Relief Automotive Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 23, 2016
hardest part of job was stag fright when teaching a large class of students. small class I was happy teaching adults
I enjoyed teaching practical
Pros
nice benefits and pay
Cons
there is shift work
Too much change and lost too many good people.
Aboriginal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with the students helping them decide on careers and how to get there. Watching and helping with their journey from applicant to graduate. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers in the Counselling and Advising Department, they were awesome and the best.coworkers anyone could ask for. There were many changes over the years and some were not for the best.
Pros
Great coworkers and good benefits
Cons
Administrative changes over the years, not in the schools best interest.
A Great Place to Learn
Administrative Assistant on Practicum (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Vancouver Community College has given me the opportunity to participate in its work experience program. Through this program I was able to work at Vision 7 and gain more experience in the field of Office Administration. Vancouver Community College has given me the tools I need in order to succeed in this field.
Great Place to work
Web Developer Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2016
Vancouver Community College is a great place to work. Very professional staff. The location is perfect. The students are eager to learn.
Summer program that filled last summer
Automotive Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2015
Working at VCC was mainly just a summer program that is currently running. I usually weld metal and make parts for cars and go karts. I have learned many elements of teamwork and coordination into making vehicles. Management and my co-workers were enjoyable during down time, but we were mostly on task. The hardest part was learning how to use a new machine or tool but after learning how to do so it was the most enjoyable part.
Great work environment with fantastic co-workers
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 7, 2015
Great direct boss. A lot of team building exercises which I really enjoyed. Was in the heart of down town Vancouver which was a big plus. Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with outside companies and organizations and seeing them happy with the work that I did. It was a big company but my boss made sure we got treated well and acknowledged our hard work. A con would be that there was not room to move up in the company
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Having to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
Wonderful place to work.
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 10, 2015
If government funding had not been cut off, I would have gladly worked there until my retirement (in 16 more years).

I was a free-spirited wanderer until I worked at VCC. Finally, a job that made me want to stay in one place.

Good pay, good benefits, and good people.
Happy to work here !
Computer Support Analyst, IT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2015
many positive attitudes in the educational environment. All facilities looks good. Teams are helping each other.

It is a college environment. You want to look for your career advance. It may not provide you many opportunities.
Promotes and facilitates learning across age and cultural spectrums
Provincial Instructors Diploma (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2012
A positive and enjoyable learning environment with quality instructors who truly care about their students. The six week condensed course for the Provincial Instructors Diploma is challenging but a very worthwhile endeavor that enables you to continue with current employment and work towards higher goals at the same time.
Pros
2 years of learning accomplished in 6 weeks
Cons
a very busy 6 weeks
Friendly environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 17, 2014
Very relaxing environment, with lots of friendly people. A typical day involves providing access to classrooms, customer service, attending to injured employees or students, and removal of undesirables. Writing reports, documentation and keeping track of whose working on site are the most important aspects of the job.
Good workplace at V.C.C.
Election Polling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 15, 2014
Casual easygoing workplace. I have learned to communicate with student's at V.C.C. and have worked very well with my co workers. I enjoyed many student's that had stopped by to register by talking with them and finding out what they wanted while attending as a student at V.C.C.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough duties
Good learning
Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  VancouverJanuary 31, 2013
Great working with ppl who have so much to offer so many. Loved learning from the chefs who have so much knowledge to offer

4.2