Vancouver Coastal Health Authority

Vancouver Coastal Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Coastal Health Authority reviews

As a Vancouver Coastal Health volunteer in the community I felt like I was really a difference in the lives of these clients.
Wellness Walker/Rehabilitation Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2014
For my first client, I would take him for wellness walks around his neighbourhood or in surrounding parks or beaches. Lacking the ability to initiate conversation meant that my goal was to first of all get him doing something active, but also to encourage him to initiate within a conversation. I would take him for a walk once a week for about two hours.

For my second client, I was introduced to a physiotherapist who gave me a general idea of what to work on with the client as well as any health contraindications. With this, I followed the lead of the volunteer before me and would take her into the gym for about an hour workout of either upper body or lower body and then into the pool for some "Aqua Fit" exercises. I would meet up with her once a week for about two hours.

I really enjoyed volunteering with VCH because it was easy to work full-time and volunteer as well. The hours are very flexible in regards to seeing clients as the volunteer coordinator makes sure to match you up with someone who fits your schedule. I would recommend this volunteer position to anyone!

Other Vancouver Coastal Health Authority Employee Reviews

strife to meet the needs of community and clients
home health case manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2017
committed to excellent service
focus on team work
open
transparent by forum and information
LEAN process
large work volume
complex and complicated needs
most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of supporting clients and their caregivers for a quality of community living
Great People
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH WORKER II (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 February 2017
I work with amazing people, including a clinical supervisor who encourages professional development, a work-life balance, and autonomy.