Vancouver Coastal Health Authority

Vancouver Coastal Health Authority Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable profession. Alway learning new things.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: enjoy my job
Cons: my job is becoming redundant
My typical day at work is learning a new system and adjusting to a different set up.

My co-workers are very helpful in my transition into a new position.

The hardest part of my job is learning how to direct phone calls.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have a job that I feel is important.
As a Vancouver Coastal Health volunteer in the community I felt like I was really a difference in the lives of these clients.
Wellness Walker/Rehabilitation Support Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 31, 2014
For my first client, I would take him for wellness walks around his neighbourhood or in surrounding parks or beaches. Lacking the ability to initiate conversation meant that my goal was to first of all get him doing something active, but also to encourage him to initiate within a conversation. I would take him for a walk once a week for about two hours.

For – more... my second client, I was introduced to a physiotherapist who gave me a general idea of what to work on with the client as well as any health contraindications. With this, I followed the lead of the volunteer before me and would take her into the gym for about an hour workout of either upper body or lower body and then into the pool for some "Aqua Fit" exercises. I would meet up with her once a week for about two hours.

I really enjoyed volunteering with VCH because it was easy to work full-time and volunteer as well. The hours are very flexible in regards to seeing clients as the volunteer coordinator makes sure to match you up with someone who fits your schedule. I would recommend this volunteer position to anyone! – less
Learn to manage your stress
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2014
- Check Orders
- Learned to use all kind of tools
- Fast paced environment
A challenging workplace where one has to be able to think and act quickly and efficently
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, B.CJanuary 20, 2014
I have learned a lot from working at VCH. Its a challenging workplace with many different things that may come up on a daily basis. Being able to manage efficiently is important as no day is the same. Some days are highly stressful and challenging and coming from a place of love and compassion is important.
Great place to work!
Ambulatory Care Booking Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee), Rehab Services, Vancouver HospitalDecember 29, 2013
I loved my job at Rehab Services, Vancouver Hospital. I had the best boss and co-workers! The only reason I left the position was to move to Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Excellent teamwork and family oriented workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2013
Busy and sometimes exhausting but rewarding in the end. Had an opportunity to work with a different mix of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Such a diverse range of patients with a rich vibrant culture which helped me not only to grow professionally, but also as a human being.
Offer Good part-time positions and a casual, yet professional work environment
Registered Nurse - Home Health Care - Casual (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, strong collaborative team environment
Cons: short-staffing and unsafe workloads
Overall, a good experience and will be difficult to work outside of this Health Authority. Excellent co-workers, very professional and knowledgeable in their field of Home Care. Unfortunately continuing education is becoming more difficult to be approved time for and management over the years has become more and more disconnected from the realities – more... of providing nursing care in a community setting. Staffing shortages and unreasonable workloads have become an ongoing issue. – less
technician
Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2013
Overall a good company, but management can pressure employees often n lack of staff n coverage can result in poor productivity
Productive and fun workpalce
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: professional environment
Cons: busy
Shifts are varied, very busy and fun to work, you learn a lot. Nice management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when the computer is down. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the job done and satisfied.
A company that provides the necessary environment that promotes confidence in their employees to grow as professionals.
Downtown Community Health Centre (Former Employee), East Vancouver, BCNovember 22, 2012
Being a new LPN it can be intimidating and overwhelming to be introduced into a new health care setting. During my time at DCHC I was welcomed as part of the team immediately.The passion that exuded from the professionals I had the pleasure to learn from and work with was wonderful. A typical day at work consisted of exceptional client care with the – more... use of significant knowledge and judgement skills. I was able to use my full nursing scope as well as expand and implement my better understanding of prevention and holistic techniques based on the individual. My co-workers were encouraging, supportive, knowledgeable and compassionate professionals. At times the job is overwhelming because there are many outlets to learn and do all at once but for me that is very enjoyable to be consistantley challenged and always learning something new. – less
Fun, Productive, Challenging
Senior Consultant, Strategic Process Optimization (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: heavy work load
VCHA is a massive organization with many elite teams working in a variety of decision support aspects. Learning and growing opportunities are endless.
excellent team work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: good team work
Cons: so fur nothing
lots of leartning scope and be lucky to work under vch.
good team work and great care team.
Overall a good place to work
Inventory Technician (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2012
This is a union environment so the work day is highly controlled. For the most part the staff and management work well together.

I would not consider the job hard but has it moments that are satisfying on a personal level. Quite often this comes from being able to be a part of a team of people that work toward making peoples stay in the hospital as – more... relaxing as possible. – less
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2014
Enjoyable place to work with daily variety of job requirements.
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: limited traveling within the community, flexible scheduling of appointments
Cons: limited opportunities to advance
I worked in one of the community sites as a speech pathologist and had a great experience working with my peers and other healthcare professionals.

About Vancouver Coastal Health Authority

Vancouver Coastal Health Authority delivers services to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North – Read more