At Vancouver Career College, we offer quality education to those wishing to pursue a career in healthcare, business, trades, education, art and design, and legal. Vancouver Career College prides itself on changing lives through education by helping others achieve their personal and academic goals.
Vancouver Career College Coquitlam is seeking part-time Instructors for our Veterinary Assistant Program.
The Instructor is responsible for leveraging their expertise and experience to deliver education services to students through:
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Challenging, engaging, and communicating with students to encourage their participation and learning
- Coaching, mentoring and tutoring students to maximize student learning and retention
- Evaluating the learning process, and monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them
- Assigning and posting grades
The ideal candidate must possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a veterinary technician or veterinarian
- Diploma or Degree as veterinary technician, animal health technologist, or veterinarian
- Instructor training is highly desirable (ie. Provincial Instructor Diploma)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students , and committed to student success
For more information about our college, please visit http://www.vccollege.ca/
To apply, please visit http://www.vccollege.ca/about/employment-opportunities/