The Eminata Group is a dynamic organization that includes one of the largest private education companies in Canada, ownership of several commercial real estate investments, and the operation of other diverse businesses such as a care home and a storage facility.
We are currently seeking a dynamic critical thinker with superior Excel skills to fill the role of Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for running reports, analyzing financial information for trends, producing summary reports and providing summative and quantitative feedback.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Running reports relating to financial records and operational records (FRX reports, revenue reports, flash reports, P&Ls, and population reports)
- Keeping KPI files up to date on a monthly basis
- Assisting with and coordinating the yearly budgeting process
- Assisting in monthly financial forecasts
- Setting up budgets, compiling information from departments and campuses, formalizing assumptions in the models, inputting data into the models, and providing periodic reviews of the models to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Providing reports necessary for monthly and quarterly variance reports
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum two year accounting diploma and a professional accounting designation. Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Four years’ experience as a Financial Analyst in a mid to large size complex organization.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting accounting systems (Dynamics GP), report writing (FRx or Management Reporter), budgeting software, and querying databases (SQL).
- Advanced MS Excel skills including experience in the use of macros, lookup functions and logical operators.
- Ability to create, develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and prepare related analyses.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment, and to react positively and timely to ad hoc requests.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in managing and reporting salary, budget, and other financial information.
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet operational needs and during peak seasonal periods.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To pursue this opportunity please visit the careers section of our website at http://www.eminata.com/careers/corporate-career-opportunities/
Indeed - 17 months ago