Vancouver Aquarium Employee Review

View all Vancouver Aquarium reviews

rewarding hard work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2014
Hard working environment with family atmosphere, many opportunities to try new volunteer rewards,very friendly

Other Vancouver Aquarium Employee Reviews

great place to work
Mechanical Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
great place to work, but not much advancement unless you have a degree. Very nurturing environment and friendly people. Great location, not good pay. If you can live simple, no worries.
Great place to volunteer
Gallery Educator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 August 2017
The Vancouver Aquarium is a great and dynamic place to volunteer, with each shift cleanly laid-out. As a Gallery Educator, I learn something every day regarding the animals and the organization every single time I volunteer. The management and staff are welcoming and flexible, far nicer than what I first expected when joining. The hardest part about volunteering there as a Gallery Educator, I believe, is being able to communicate perfectly. As a fluent English speaker, it can be difficult to word my sentences to maintain guests' interest and be informative at the same time. That being said, I really enjoy volunteering there. They provide you with everything from discounts to volunteer jackets and lockers. Seeing the animals and staff every shift (especially the sea otters and dolphins) make my day. I have volunteered at large social events, in kitchen environments, etc, but I honestly do not think I have had a better volunteer experience elsewhere.
Pros
Discounts, free admission, and able to see the animals on shift.
Cons
Being outside regularly.