Reporting to the Night Supervisor, Building Services this role provides the highest standards of cleaning and custodial services for gallery and office spaces. The Night Custodian ensures building security is maintained and health and safety protocols followed.
- Cleans and sanitizes; washrooms, mirrors, walls, doors, sinks, toilets, partitions and floors.
- Replenishes and restocks paper and soap supplies.
- Cleans gallery and office flooring; mopping, vacuuming, burnishing, spot cleaning etc.
- Cleans walls and glass of exhibits and office areas.
- Disposes of refuse as per company Environmental Management Systems and Health & Safety Standards and protocols including; garbage removal, recycling, composting of organics, and various chemicals.
- Dusts gallery and office area; ceilings, lights, vents, ledges, walls and other areas as needed.
- Assist with janitorial support during special events; any special cleaning needs that arise before, during and after the function. (i.e. broken glass etc.)
- Cleans lunchrooms and office spaces.
- Responds to engineering and fire alarms by notifying key stakeholders.
- Journalizes daily work.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations.
- Maintains organizational health and safety standards.
Education and Experience
- Completion of High School
- Required WHIMS certification.
- Preferred 1-2 years cleaning experience in an office setting.
- Preferred BSW certificate.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; able to complete work in timely manner and to a high quality level
- Strong attention to detail and an awareness of surrounding.
- Good understanding of cleaning products and chemical handling; Care must be taken to ensure the right product for the job
- Good communication and internal customer service skills.
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to chemicals and slippery floor conditions.
- Night shift hours with minimal shift changes.
- Some lifting: able to lift 20kg and take a few steps.
- Long periods of standing, crouching, bending.
How to Apply:
Please visit www.vanaqua.org to apply online.
The Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre is a self-supporting, non-profit association dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life...