Become part of a dynamic team and work in a unique environment. This is a casual position with flexible hours that offers a competitive pay. Successful applicants will be reporting to the Sous Chef and will be responsible for cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of the kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Assisting with food and banquet setup, maintenance and tear down of events as directed by Sous Chef;
- Expediting food onto buffets/food stations and clearing of stations in a timely fashion;
- Maintaining and cleaning all food services workspaces to ensure hygienic, safe and orderly working areas: dishwashing, bussing stations, offices, storage, pre-function space, banquet space etc;
- Washing, maintaining and restocking all plate ware, cutlery, glassware, to ensure kitchen operations may function smoothly;
- Completing all closing duties for the kitchen and banquet offices and leaves them in pristine condition;
- Performing additional duties as required;
- Continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards.
Education and Experience
- 1 year of experience in high volume/high end banquet or restaurant service;
- Food Safe Certification required;
- Preferred Serving it Right certification;
- Preferred previous serving and dishwashing experience;
- Hepatitis A vaccination or immunity required;
- Interest in food service and kitchen processes.
- Good time management skills and multi-tasking skills;
- Able to read, write and communicate fluently in English;
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills with a “can-do” attitude;
- Good team skills with an ability to work independently; minimal supervision;
- Basic MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Preferred good product knowledge of meat, fish, fresh produce and beverages;
- Ability to perform in fast paced high pressure environments;
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and walk a few steps;
- Ability to stand for long periods;
- Second language an asset;
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
- Constantly standing and moving around in a kitchen environment;
- Frequently twisting, crouching, and stooping, handling and grasping various kitchen utensils;
- Occasionally twisting, sitting, using leg/foot to operate kitchen equipment, climbing stairs and balancing supplies, food and kitchen items;
- Exposure to varying temperatures (72 – 110 degrees F);
- Exposure to slippery floors, bacteria in foods, noise and vibrations.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc
- 3 days ago
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- 29 days ago