The Banquet Coordinator's main responsibility is to lead the banquet team during an event, and execute according to the guidelines provided by the Event Planners, while creating memorable experiences for our guests. The Banquet Coordinator is often the primary contact with the client on the night of an event, and is required to liaise between the client, our event delivery team, the kitchen and possible third party vendors/suppliers. Additional areas of responsibility include assisting the management team with administration of Events, daily reporting on events, billing and other required paperwork. Banquet Coordinators must also, on a continuous basis, keep service rooms, pre-function space, and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
Executes the events according to the guidelines provided by the Event Planners and follows Vancouver Aquarium’s standard operation procedures by:
- Overseeing the preparation, organization and implementation of all event information as it adheres to the floor plan and event order;
- Ensuring quality service to all Aquarium guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times;
- Acting as the primary contact with the client on the night of an event;
- Acting as a liaison for the client, our event delivery team, the kitchen and possible third party vendors/suppliers;
- Following all Aquarium policies and procedures and serving food and beverages with the strictest adherence to all BC LCLB rules, regulations and guidelines;
- Continually checking that all service rooms, pre-function space, and storage areas are clean, organized and unobstructed.
Assists in the supervision and training of Banquet Staff by:
- Supervising all servers, bartenders, internal and external support staff during events.
- Identifying and communicating the individual duties/responsibilities for each staff member as it pertains to that event;
- Assisting with training and development of all colleagues and providing appropriate recognition and/or feedback where warranted.
Assists the management team with administration and running of Catering & Events Department by:
- Reporting to management about the event;
- Accurately preparing invoices;
- Filling out required paperwork for the event;
- Proactively monitoring departmental productivity through the organization of tasks;
- Assisting in the improvement of cost control;
- Working with the Banquet Team to implement procedures or programs for improvement wherever necessary;
- Developing and maintaining a constructive, harmonious and communicative working relationship with all supporting departments.
- Performs additional duties as required;
- Continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations;
- Maintains organizational safety standards.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years Banquet experience is required;
- Experience leading a team;
- Food Safe Certificate is Required;
- Hepatitis A Shot is required;.
- Serving it Right Certificate is required
- Must be able to carry a minimum of 3 plates at one time;
- Strong communication and customer service skills are required;
- Must be able to work alone or in a large team setting;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Proven ability to work quickly and be able to maintain professional demeanor while working under pressure;
- Must be able follow directions and work within time constraints and with limited supervision;
- Attention to detail and time management skills are required;
- Fluent in the English language. Written and Spoken;
- Knowledge of an additional language is an asset;
- Experience in Microsoft Word , Excel and Caterease;
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
- Must provide own uniform (Suit) and to show up for each shift with it clean and pressed;
- Must be well groomed;
- Must have access to email for scheduling purposes.
- Must be able to working a variety of shifts, including weekends, early morning, evenings, holidays and very late nights;
- Must be physically able to be on your feet for numerous hours and carry loads of items up to 30 lbs.
Please visit us online to apply for this exciting opportunity:
We would like to thank all the applicants that apply, but due to the large number of resumes, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago