VanCity Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Highly unfair and demoralized workplace
Seat belt tester (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 25, 2013
Not meritocratic
Management was political-take action that arouses the least amount of headache
Pay was very poor, substandard for the industry
Abuse from senior workers was tolerated
Advancement was political
Worklife balance was non-existent
Fun and friendly enviorment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 28, 2012
I liked working here, but they were barely scheduling me which ended up making me quiting because of the less hours. The co workers were amazingly friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is having nothing to do at times. Most enjoyable part is when your able to help customers out. I learned that I'm really good at talking to people and this helped me overcome my fear of public speaking. Management was alright, but could be much better!
Pros
friendly enviorment, fast training
Cons
less shifts, not that much work to do
Fun workplace and health conscious co-workers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2013
A typical day at work is processing invoices and employee expenses. Answering queries to vendors and employees re. payment status and other vendor related concerns. I developed myself to be a real team player on this job. To help each other to meet deadlines. I also improved my customer service skills. My co-workers would like to enjoy the sunshine by the seawall if the weather is really nice. My company supports healthy life style so you would see a lot of people running during their lunch breaks. The hardest part of the job is the challenge to meet your deadlines during high volume and short staff. With I developed my time managing skills.
Pros
incentive shares
Cons
high volume
Excellent office culture, relationships, and opportunities
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 17, 2013
Although there was some upheaval in the projects, the staff and managers are well aware of their options, and press forward without undue pressure. An excellent environment, providing opportunities for growth, training, and experience.
I have never met co-workers that placed so much fun and humor in their work; yet provided excellent I.T. support.
Cons
some difficulties with staff getting the computer hardware and accounts set up for new hires.