Van Heusen

Van Heusen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team work
sale associate (Former Employee), California, cabazonJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Everyone get along. We all love each other like family.
Cons: Dress code
Working for van heusen can be stressful during holiday, depending on how many consumer comes in the store. Sometimes, within the day you have consumer who are rude and some that are not. However, you should not let that stop you from giving them a better day by just approaching them and assisting them on any help they need. Customer service has to be your first priority. Working in a team is always the best part with your co-workers. In this case you both get everything done and less stress to worry about. I have learned a lot from this job such as, customer service, cashier, floor set, return policy and many more. The hardest part of the job while i work here would be, asking donation. Sometimes when you are too busy you forget to ask donation that the company is helping out for. Management wise i believe i have done a lot of things to maintain a great partnership with this store and co-workers, beside being an actual manager. Most enjoyable part about this job is that all the co-workers get along and there is no problem between everyone. Great team work is always the key.
great managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lee, MAJune 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: closed early in the winter, wasnt able to work due to school
there was always stuff to do which is great makes time go by faster. great work place co workers are always friendly and fun to be around.
Great work place and employees
Sales Associate/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kittery, MEJune 2, 2015
I had an amazing experience working at Van Heusen. I was a Sales Associate when I first started then I started to train as a Floor Supervisor but I resigned from that position because I was working as a nanny and didn't have the time that I needed to fill the position. I stayed working as a Sales Associate and still got all of the hours that I wanted. I usually worked mornings from open-4 with either another sales associate and a store manager or a floor supervisor. There would be mornings where all four of us would be together because of like shipment coming in and needing people to get that done and floor sets done.
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: Deducted pay from 30min Breaks
Clear back room, Stock shelves, Fold clothes, pants. clear dressing rooms, Restock items from the back. sell merchandise and push sales as much as possible
A day at work
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 26, 2015
The job each day is very easy. it was enjoying to work with my coworkers and helping costumers. Each day was pretty much the same, the only things different was the costumers that came in each day.
Only clearance location on west coast
Assistant store manager (Current Employee), Primm, NVMay 19, 2015
Pros: great discount. great company.
Cons: High insurance.
Even though we are the only clearance location on the west coast, that doesn't stop us from making and achieving our goals. A typical day of work is customer servicing and replenishing the floor. I have learned a lot while I was here. From scheduling to recruiting it is all new and exciting.
Fun work environment
Part Time Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service and recovery. I've learned a great deal about being a team member as well as being a management position. The best part of my job is when I can help fulfill a customers needs and they leave happy.
Productive Hard worker Will always achieve no matter what
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: Dress Shirt Department, great discount
Cons: Various cluttered areas, no hours
Typical day at work - pleasant customer service,the customer is the number one goal even if they don't buy anything but walk out with a good impression. Some days involve shipment, processing, filling. Other days tend to be customer service based while mending the store.

Learned- Inventory, Price of sale change, floor sets

Management- gives tasks to others

Co-Workers- they do good work when given time

Hardest Part- Getting Hours, the constancy of piles or clutter building up

Most Enjoyable- Dress Shirt Department, matching ties with shirts and sometimes suits, processing and filling
fun
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 7, 2015
I had an internship here. The place was very fun. I learned a lot regarding social media and the everyday profiles you will work with. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Johnson Creek, WIJanuary 28, 2015
I love working in the smaller stores. The managers are very fun to work with and I relate with them easily. I love working with all of the different people of different ethnicities that come into our store. I love being able to help people and being a good associate to accommodate their needs.
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Great Place to work. Get a great discount on clothes that you wear to work. Always busy with tasks.
Customers were great, Employees were co-operative, and management was thoughtful.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 8, 2015
A Typical work day at Van Heusen would be you clocking in dress in formal clothing restocking the floor, answering questions or concerns that the customer may have, operating a terminal, and attending to the aid of customers. Making special orders, looking in the back for any more clothing in stock. Ending the day by cleaning and organizing the workplace and throwing out the trash.
Good for a high School Student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GADecember 31, 2014
Work was typically slow, so there was a lot of time to restock and reorganize and reclean. Coworkers were nice, the job was just kind of dull. Good for someone in school who is just trying to make a little pocket cash.
Fun place to work
Floor Supervisor/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Howell MiDecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time here. It is a great place to start out and gain some experience in the retail field. It has many opportunities for advancement. However, there is a lot of responsibility with little pay and little employee incentives, but the employee discount is very generous.
Great Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed helping the customers and managing the cash wrap.
Easy going but knows when work needs to be done
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kittery, MEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly work envornment
Cons: a few mean customers
Working at Van Heusen you have daily quotas you have to meet, like the number of sales you have to have how much money the store makes that day and how many people come in and out of the store and actually buy something. As a sales associate you help meet those quotas by asking costumers if they need anything and keeping the store visually friendly for the costumers. Management is amazing they know how to joke around and when they really need to be serious and get work done, I think every work experience should be like this one. I have never had an issue with any of my co-workers because they all seem to like me at the moment. I think the only hard part about the job is the customers, but I always take care of them in a nice manner and smile even when they yell at me. The most enjoyable part about this job for me would be the people, even if they are co-workers or customers just a couple of people being funny and making one little joke can make my day.
great job for students
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no benefits
I first started this job when i was in high school. With in a year i was promoted to floor supervisor. A typical day would be to open/close the store ensure merchandise was correctly priced and displayed. co manage a team of 8. Increase sales by providing excellent customer service.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours
Cons: not much room for advancement
I would get to work check in help customers with whatever they needed, cleaned the store and whatnot. Learned good communications skills and how to deal with customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other employees.
Interesting place to work with a fun staff and constant changes
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Fremont, INSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good staff, regular customers, and fun environment
Cons: single person staffed hours, changing of the schedule regularly
A typical day included balancing the deposits, safe, and registers., distributing the shipment throughout the store, organizing the merchandise throughout the store, updating visuals, sales production, and sales. The hardest part of the job was the changing of schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of the employees and the customers.
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee), Caguas, Puerto RicoSeptember 8, 2014
A company that worries about their customers and employees. Always have discount in articles. Respect.

1 2 3