Van Heusen

Van Heusen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed helping the customers and managing the cash wrap.
Easy going but knows when work needs to be done
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kittery, MEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly work envornment
Cons: a few mean customers
Working at Van Heusen you have daily quotas you have to meet, like the number of sales you have to have how much money the store makes that day and how many people come in and out of the store and actually buy something. As a sales associate you help meet those quotas by asking costumers if they need anything and keeping the store visually friendly – more... for the costumers. Management is amazing they know how to joke around and when they really need to be serious and get work done, I think every work experience should be like this one. I have never had an issue with any of my co-workers because they all seem to like me at the moment. I think the only hard part about the job is the customers, but I always take care of them in a nice manner and smile even when they yell at me. The most enjoyable part about this job for me would be the people, even if they are co-workers or customers just a couple of people being funny and making one little joke can make my day. – less
great job for students
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no benefits
I first started this job when i was in high school. With in a year i was promoted to floor supervisor. A typical day would be to open/close the store ensure merchandise was correctly priced and displayed. co manage a team of 8. Increase sales by providing excellent customer service.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours
Cons: not much room for advancement
I would get to work check in help customers with whatever they needed, cleaned the store and whatnot. Learned good communications skills and how to deal with customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other employees.
Interesting place to work with a fun staff and constant changes
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Fremont, INSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good staff, regular customers, and fun environment
Cons: single person staffed hours, changing of the schedule regularly
A typical day included balancing the deposits, safe, and registers., distributing the shipment throughout the store, organizing the merchandise throughout the store, updating visuals, sales production, and sales. The hardest part of the job was the changing of schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of the employees and the customers.
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee), Caguas, Puerto RicoSeptember 8, 2014
A company that worries about their customers and employees. Always have discount in articles. Respect.
injonying work with van heusen.
second highcommand of the store (Current Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 3, 2014
van heusen is the brand where all staff work with fun.
where i know what is the customer service exectly.
great leaning
senior CCA and acting as FLOOR INCHARGE (Current Employee), subash nagar pacific mallAugust 30, 2014
Pros: superb culture
Cons: salary low
expertise in selling and understanding customer demansds.
Productive and well organized work enviorment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Mayag├╝ez, PRAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: n/a
It was a high past job so I was always busy ether assisting the customers by searching for there petitions or working at the fitting room.
Very nice environment to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 18, 2014
I loved working with everyone that worked at Van Heusen. I felt comfortable and enjoyed going to work. I was always happy walking into the store.
we enjoyed every day its good life
fashion consultant from 4 (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 16, 2014
: the work is really good we can C day by day different customer

: i changed my style
A busy yet enjoyable experience
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: short breaks, no health/vacation benefits
A good job for those who with to make easy money. Never consider this as a career choice or a place of advancement as this place never has much movement for management. Co-workers are great, easy to manage them and respectful.
Great Environment, Little Time Spent In It
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, WAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment, sometimes provided with snacks for our breaks, friendly environment in general, often looked after by managers to ensure you're doing a good job, a learn-as-you-go type of job, a fun experience
Cons: very little hours available, rude clients, very busy on holidays, may have to work irregular hours for black friday
I did enjoy my coworkers. I felt like we all had good chemistry. It's retail, a work area that isn't very glorified. Sometimes stressing and frustrating due to rude and inconsiderate customers who insist to have it their way, but honestly that rarely happened.
I've learned how to give quality customer service, and when to retreat from a conflict when – more... the customer becomes aggressive.
I've learned how to get along and work as a team with my fellow co workers and how to be quick and productive on the sales floor. This job taught me how to think on my feet and how to provide for the client's needs and wants when shopping. – less
good place
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tunica, MSJune 16, 2014
the experience and enviroment is what i love mostly about the job
Great Learning and Growing Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAMay 28, 2014
Pros: meeting people, being able to talk a lot
Cons: less hours, rude customers
My days working at Van Heusen were very enjoyable. I enjoy helping customers and seeing them leave satisfied with a smile. My co- workers and I always worked together to get the tasks done for each day. The hardest part of my job was the random job hours and days.
The WORST Place EVER
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAMay 26, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything about van heusen in wrentham, ma
The worst company ever. NEVER work there. You will hate working there. Go find a job doing landscaping or something else than working in this dump. They make no money and for some reason are always the last one to leave the outlets. They overwork their employees for no pay and they have like 5 managers who do absolutely nothing. Dont go there.
Productive place to work with great location
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: pay and hours
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the opportunity to work next to my college.
fun work for little money
sales associate (Former Employee), Branson, MOMarch 25, 2014
I did like my time here i just was not getting enough hours there to make it worth it. You see, i do not have a car so i take cabs to work, and with the hours i was getting i was not making enough money to make the trip to and from work worth it. I was pretty much just getting paid to work and not paid to live.
Minimal pay for performing maximum duties
Manager (Current Employee), Flemington, NJMarch 12, 2014
This postion had its ups and downs but had no job security or room for advancement. There a lot of politics and favoritism that occurs where well qualified employees are overlooked based on race and likeliness. Being able to assist customers in what they were looking for and achieve that item is the best part of the job.
Decent Job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 5, 2014
If your looking for a job to just make money than here's the place. No true companionship among co-workers. Feels like everyone just wants a paycheck and not interested in the benefit of the company at all.