Van Heusen

Van Heusen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work environment
Part Time Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service and recovery. I've learned a great deal about being a team member as well as being a management position. The best part of my job is when I can help fulfill a customers needs and they leave happy.
Productive Hard worker Will always achieve no matter what
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: Dress Shirt Department, great discount
Cons: Various cluttered areas, no hours
Typical day at work - pleasant customer service,the customer is the number one goal even if they don't buy anything but walk out with a good impression. Some days involve shipment, processing, filling. Other days tend to be customer service based while mending the store.

Learned- Inventory, Price of sale change, floor sets

Management- gives tasks to others

Co-Workers- they do good work when given time

Hardest Part- Getting Hours, the constancy of piles or clutter building up

Most Enjoyable- Dress Shirt Department, matching ties with shirts and sometimes suits, processing and filling
fun
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 7, 2015
I had an internship here. The place was very fun. I learned a lot regarding social media and the everyday profiles you will work with. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Johnson Creek, WIJanuary 28, 2015
I love working in the smaller stores. The managers are very fun to work with and I relate with them easily. I love working with all of the different people of different ethnicities that come into our store. I love being able to help people and being a good associate to accommodate their needs.
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Great Place to work. Get a great discount on clothes that you wear to work. Always busy with tasks.
Customers were great, Employees were co-operative, and management was thoughtful.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 8, 2015
A Typical work day at Van Heusen would be you clocking in dress in formal clothing restocking the floor, answering questions or concerns that the customer may have, operating a terminal, and attending to the aid of customers. Making special orders, looking in the back for any more clothing in stock. Ending the day by cleaning and organizing the workplace and throwing out the trash.
Good for a high School Student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GADecember 31, 2014
Work was typically slow, so there was a lot of time to restock and reorganize and reclean. Coworkers were nice, the job was just kind of dull. Good for someone in school who is just trying to make a little pocket cash.
Fun place to work
Floor Supervisor/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Howell MiDecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time here. It is a great place to start out and gain some experience in the retail field. It has many opportunities for advancement. However, there is a lot of responsibility with little pay and little employee incentives, but the employee discount is very generous.
Great Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed helping the customers and managing the cash wrap.
Easy going but knows when work needs to be done
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kittery, MEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly work envornment
Cons: a few mean customers
Working at Van Heusen you have daily quotas you have to meet, like the number of sales you have to have how much money the store makes that day and how many people come in and out of the store and actually buy something. As a sales associate you help meet those quotas by asking costumers if they need anything and keeping the store visually friendly for the costumers. Management is amazing they know how to joke around and when they really need to be serious and get work done, I think every work experience should be like this one. I have never had an issue with any of my co-workers because they all seem to like me at the moment. I think the only hard part about the job is the customers, but I always take care of them in a nice manner and smile even when they yell at me. The most enjoyable part about this job for me would be the people, even if they are co-workers or customers just a couple of people being funny and making one little joke can make my day.
great job for students
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no benefits
I first started this job when i was in high school. With in a year i was promoted to floor supervisor. A typical day would be to open/close the store ensure merchandise was correctly priced and displayed. co manage a team of 8. Increase sales by providing excellent customer service.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours
Cons: not much room for advancement
I would get to work check in help customers with whatever they needed, cleaned the store and whatnot. Learned good communications skills and how to deal with customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other employees.
Interesting place to work with a fun staff and constant changes
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Fremont, INSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good staff, regular customers, and fun environment
Cons: single person staffed hours, changing of the schedule regularly
A typical day included balancing the deposits, safe, and registers., distributing the shipment throughout the store, organizing the merchandise throughout the store, updating visuals, sales production, and sales. The hardest part of the job was the changing of schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of the employees and the customers.
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee), Caguas, Puerto RicoSeptember 8, 2014
A company that worries about their customers and employees. Always have discount in articles. Respect.
injonying work with van heusen.
second highcommand of the store (Current Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 3, 2014
van heusen is the brand where all staff work with fun.
where i know what is the customer service exectly.
great leaning
senior CCA and acting as FLOOR INCHARGE (Current Employee), subash nagar pacific mallAugust 30, 2014
Pros: superb culture
Cons: salary low
expertise in selling and understanding customer demansds.
Productive and well organized work enviorment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: n/a
It was a high past job so I was always busy ether assisting the customers by searching for there petitions or working at the fitting room.
Very nice environment to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 18, 2014
I loved working with everyone that worked at Van Heusen. I felt comfortable and enjoyed going to work. I was always happy walking into the store.
we enjoyed every day its good life
fashion consultant from 4 (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 16, 2014
: the work is really good we can C day by day different customer

: i changed my style
A busy yet enjoyable experience
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: short breaks, no health/vacation benefits
A good job for those who with to make easy money. Never consider this as a career choice or a place of advancement as this place never has much movement for management. Co-workers are great, easy to manage them and respectful.

1 2 3