Van Heusen Employee Reviews

christmas eve
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FL30 January 2017
we all worked togather it was happy and enjoyable day we felt like a family and helped each other with all the task we had to do, it is a fun and friendly place to work at enjoy working with everyone.
Good, but not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WA29 January 2017
I worked to hard for not enough hours, we had to many employees for how low our pay rate and hours were. the people were overall good and caring, but not the place for me
Making bonds with coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX23 January 2017
My favorite thing about working here was be able to make bonds with coworkers. I loved being able to go and hang out with them outside of work and having a nice friendship
Everything was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CA18 January 2017
Management was always a hit or miss. The work environment wasn't bad, nothing to gruesome and customers were always rude there because of the tour busses coming in.
Pros
discounts
Challenging but fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL17 January 2017
Great brand, very well known for the dress shirts
Co- workers are the best part of the every day business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet customers from different parts of the world.
Store Management team is very friendly and great leaders who motivate to help accomplish positive results.
average
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seaside, OR10 January 2017
it can be very very slow somedays, pay is rough but the rest of the job is pretty average as far as retail . shopping with customers is plus though.
Chalenging job that helps create character
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL21 December 2016
A day at VH can be very busy, employees must be able to multitask and manage time efficiently in order to complete tasks successfully while always prioritizing our customers. More often than not we are short handed which can easily be the hardest part of the job as it limits the amount of customers that you can actually approach and provide high level customer service to. We have a great team in which we all strive to be better each day and reach our goals and we see each other as part of a big family.
Pros
great discounts for employees, flexible schedule, great benefits for full time
Cons
hard to utilize vacation time
Back Away Slowly, then RUN.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PA25 November 2016
I spent a year as a sales associate here for the experience and looking back, I don't know how I did it. For the minimal pay that you get working here, they wear you down to the bone. They constantly ask to stay past your scheduled hours, and floor sets (when company heads come to the stores) are worst of all due to the amount of work you are forced to do that should have been done the entire time so things like that wouldn't happen. Van Heusen holds its employees up to ridiculous standards and it's not worth the time, the pay, the coworkers, the anything. PVH isn't a bad company, but for your sake, just leave Van Heusen alone.
Cons
Short Breaks, No Hours, Impossible Demands, Horrible Pay, No Benefits, etc.
It was an intriguing job but to be part time i received 40+ hours often
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GA22 September 2016
There would be one keyholder and one associate at all times, but the keyholder was not supposed to run register. It was filled with days of nothing to do, and weeks of surplus hours.
vanheusen is good quality shirt maker
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir23 July 2016
I have learning good selling skills
Customer greeting
Good customer attended
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
lunch in working hours
Cons
no extra working hours
Ehh
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 July 2016
its okay as a starting job if you would like to start out at retail and have nice hours and if you liek to dress up in formal wear like button down shirt and slacks.
Fast paced environment with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA27 June 2016
Van Heusen was a very fast paced working environment and I really enjoyed it. Stocking and refilling the clothes was a daily routine. At Van Heusen I learned to reset displays, how to change prices, and I received retail experience. My co-workers at Van Heusen were very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and dress them up. The hardest part would have to be when the holidays would come and trying to keep the store clean and organized with so many people coming in and out.
Pros
Store discount and experience
fun and informative
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiranagar7 June 2016
I used to work for 9 hours at the store. Being at the store helped me understand the latest trends in fashion and gave me more knowledge about fabrics. The management was good enough and colleagues were very helpful and friendly. The job was not hard but the only drawback was that i had to work on weekends and used to get my offs on a weekday. Most enjoyable part was that i was representative of a concept called MY FIT of Van Heusen, which was completely online sale.
Pros
team lunch, dinner and parties
Cons
pay
Fun and challenging workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 May 2016
Doing the floor moves was a major part of the job. I learned how to multi-task and solve problems quickly. Never had any problems with coworkers or management.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WA2 May 2016
It was a fun place to work, and it worked well as a summer job, but the spontaneity of the hours made it hard to plan around the schedule. Even with few hours, this job managed to eat up much of my time.
Pros
Fun people and long breaks
Cons
Spontaneous hours
retail
Third-Key Manger (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL22 April 2016
A fun place and good co-workers to work with. You can meet a lot of different people with a job in retail. A good company to build a career with
Good Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NC7 April 2016
As a Store Manager, sales goals and merchandise directives were a priority. I always lead by example when communicating company standards to my employees and always made their environment a structured and enjoyable place to work
Great management makes the job more enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TX6 April 2016
The manager of the location that I worked at was outgoing and easy to approach with job related questions. She provided clear and insightful guidance to how the interior of the store should be maintained along with keeping a balance of cleanliness and customer involvement.
Absolutely would never recommend working for Van Heusen
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WA28 March 2016
I did not like this job one bit. My boss was not a well trained boss and did what she wanted, regardless of complaints. I also did not like management. If I did anything "wrong", instead of being talked to, my boss would just cut my hours in half.
Pros
Absolutely none.
was fun place to work ; not enough hours
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TX16 February 2016
great manager got along well with everyone there, just not enough pay or hours, but then again was only there for part time work until I could find something more productive