Van Heusen Employee Reviews

Back Away Slowly, then RUN.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PA25 November 2016
I spent a year as a sales associate here for the experience and looking back, I don't know how I did it. For the minimal pay that you get working here, they wear you down to the bone. They constantly ask to stay past your scheduled hours, and floor sets (when company heads come to the stores) are worst of all due to the amount of work you are forced to do that should have been done the entire time so things like that wouldn't happen. Van Heusen holds its employees up to ridiculous standards and it's not worth the time, the pay, the coworkers, the anything. PVH isn't a bad company, but for your sake, just leave Van Heusen alone.
Cons
Short Breaks, No Hours, Impossible Demands, Horrible Pay, No Benefits, etc.
vanheusen is good quality shirt maker
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir23 July 2016
I have learning good selling skills
Customer greeting
Good customer attended
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
lunch in working hours
Cons
no extra working hours
Ehh
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 July 2016
its okay as a starting job if you would like to start out at retail and have nice hours and if you liek to dress up in formal wear like button down shirt and slacks.
Fast paced environment with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA27 June 2016
Van Heusen was a very fast paced working environment and I really enjoyed it. Stocking and refilling the clothes was a daily routine. At Van Heusen I learned to reset displays, how to change prices, and I received retail experience. My co-workers at Van Heusen were very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and dress them up. The hardest part would have to be when the holidays would come and trying to keep the store clean and organized with so many people coming in and out.
Pros
Store discount and experience
fun and informative
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiranagar7 June 2016
I used to work for 9 hours at the store. Being at the store helped me understand the latest trends in fashion and gave me more knowledge about fabrics. The management was good enough and colleagues were very helpful and friendly. The job was not hard but the only drawback was that i had to work on weekends and used to get my offs on a weekday. Most enjoyable part was that i was representative of a concept called MY FIT of Van Heusen, which was completely online sale.
Pros
team lunch, dinner and parties
Cons
pay
Fun and challenging workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 May 2016
Doing the floor moves was a major part of the job. I learned how to multi-task and solve problems quickly. Never had any problems with coworkers or management.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WA2 May 2016
It was a fun place to work, and it worked well as a summer job, but the spontaneity of the hours made it hard to plan around the schedule. Even with few hours, this job managed to eat up much of my time.
Pros
Fun people and long breaks
Cons
Spontaneous hours
retail
Third-Key Manger (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL22 April 2016
A fun place and good co-workers to work with. You can meet a lot of different people with a job in retail. A good company to build a career with
Good Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NC7 April 2016
As a Store Manager, sales goals and merchandise directives were a priority. I always lead by example when communicating company standards to my employees and always made their environment a structured and enjoyable place to work
Great management makes the job more enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TX6 April 2016
The manager of the location that I worked at was outgoing and easy to approach with job related questions. She provided clear and insightful guidance to how the interior of the store should be maintained along with keeping a balance of cleanliness and customer involvement.
Absolutely would never recommend working for Van Heusen
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WA28 March 2016
I did not like this job one bit. My boss was not a well trained boss and did what she wanted, regardless of complaints. I also did not like management. If I did anything "wrong", instead of being talked to, my boss would just cut my hours in half.
Pros
Absolutely none.
was fun place to work ; not enough hours
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TX16 February 2016
great manager got along well with everyone there, just not enough pay or hours, but then again was only there for part time work until I could find something more productive
Challenging position in the beginning
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA11 February 2016
Had the opportunity to grow in the shipping field. Learned web portal routing. Gained supervisor experience. Towards the end of my time at Van Heusen my job posed very little stimulation or challenge.
Fantastic opportunity, loved it there!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 January 2016
I would open the store, count tills etc., - do any vacuuming that may of needed to be done, check emails, chase up any orders, call customers that may need to collect orders.

Replace any sale signs with the new ones that may of needed to go up, Make sure the store was full of stock, taking note of anything that we may need to order - as well as ordering stock. Received and entered stock. Made sure all garments were all hung up the correct way and in size order. Dress mannequins.

It was a wonderful opportunity and I was lucky to learn so much about fitting suits and business wear. I became very passionate about this, and loved learning more about materials, and also tailoring tipa as well.

The hardest part of the job was crushing all the boxes to get thrown out.... haha I loved every part of the job there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers that returned, or others who really appreciated your help and advice. I loved very much to help the customer, would always search for particular items they required as well - and the bonuses were wonderful!
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MA10 January 2016
A typical day at work was to delegate duties to my workers. The hardest part of the job was STORE THEFT. I learned to be very organized and direct in all work situations.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment and team effort
Cons
"SHRINK"
Easy job, kind of boring
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GA8 January 2016
I worked at Van Heusen for almost exactly a year.
There wasn't anything fundamentally wrong with the store, it just wasn't the right fit for me.
The store manager and I often bumped heads, she was very uptight and didn't like the way I did most things.
The store doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, so I would sometimes work an entire shift and only see four or five customers come in.
I learned a lot during my time there, but had anyone taken the time to properly train me, I would have learned a lot more. There was almost no challenge presented to me, and I was left alone most of the time. It was honestly a very depressing environment, and it affected the way I did my job.
If you're a high school student with no real expenses to pay for, this job would be really good for you. The pay isn't suited for someone that has bills to pay. I was a manager, and got paid barely over minimum wage, and my hours were awful. I only worked maybe 25-30hrs a week, and had almost no say in my own schedule as far as which shifts or days off I got.
Like I said, its a decent part time job but nothing else.
Pros
Store discount, easy job overall
Cons
Bad pay, no say in own schedule
It is just ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL18 December 2015
Fixing the store,
Helping people with their selections and guide them trough the store to show them the merchandise are the only responsibilities that someone, as a sales associate, must do.
It is ok to work here,
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ2 December 2015
The workplace is very fun and productive. There is lots of friendly competition while still remaining professional. The managers are very friendly, but still get down to business.
Workplace
CCA (Current Employee) –  Delhi27 November 2015
It is wonderful working with van heusen specially coworker and learning environment.It kind of a fun place more then work i really enjoy my work at office
Van heusen brand deals into men's formal wear
Customer Relation Manager (Former Employee) –  india25 October 2015
Van heusen brand is group of aditya birla pvt.limited which deal into mens, womens n kids wear. its well repured brand in the market has his own regular customer and its known for its customize sizes and fabrics which it is madeup of.