Van Heusen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Feeling of accomplishment and team effort
Cons: "SHRINK"
A typical day at work was to delegate duties to my workers. The hardest part of the job was STORE THEFT. I learned to be very organized and direct in all work situations.
Easy job, kind of boring
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Store discount, easy job overall
Cons: Bad pay, no say in own schedule
I worked at Van Heusen for almost exactly a year.
There wasn't anything fundamentally wrong with the store, it just wasn't the right fit for me.
The store manager and I often bumped heads, she was very uptight and didn't like the way I did most things.
The store doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, so I would sometimes work an entire shift and only see four or five customers come in.
I learned a lot during my time there, but had anyone taken the time to properly train me, I would have learned a lot more. There was almost no challenge presented to me, and I was left alone most of the time. It was honestly a very depressing environment, and it affected the way I did my job.
If you're a high school student with no real expenses to pay for, this job would be really good for you. The pay isn't suited for someone that has bills to pay. I was a manager, and got paid barely over minimum wage, and my hours were awful. I only worked maybe 25-30hrs a week, and had almost no say in my own schedule as far as which shifts or days off I got.
Like I said, its a decent part time job but nothing else.
It is just ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 18, 2015
Fixing the store,
Helping people with their selections and guide them trough the store to show them the merchandise are the only responsibilities that someone, as a sales associate, must do.
It is ok to work here,
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2015
The workplace is very fun and productive. There is lots of friendly competition while still remaining professional. The managers are very friendly, but still get down to business.
Workplace
CCA (Current Employee), DelhiNovember 27, 2015
It is wonderful working with van heusen specially coworker and learning environment.It kind of a fun place more then work i really enjoy my work at office
Van heusen brand deals into men's formal wear
Customer Relation Manager (Former Employee), indiaOctober 25, 2015
Van heusen brand is group of aditya birla pvt.limited which deal into mens, womens n kids wear. its well repured brand in the market has his own regular customer and its known for its customize sizes and fabrics which it is madeup of.
Great Management
ASSISTANT MANGER (Former Employee), INDIANAOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. The upper management staff was excellent. The flexibility of work/life balance was the best I have ever experienced.
The experience was blend of enjoyment, work responsibility, fun, pressure to sale, additional unmatchable customer service,etc.
CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Kolkata, WBOctober 17, 2015
Working in Van Heusen brand as a Customer Service Associate was a very crucial and learning part of my life where I learned the basic principles of Retail world and giving the best of Customer Service, Best caring and dealing with the customer leads to the most high cause of the company's growth.
Horrible place to work
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAOctober 14, 2015
This company is mismanaged at least from the district managers and down. Attempts to solve problems fall on deaf ears. "This is just how things are" mentality.
Sale And Customer Relation
Asst Store Manager (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APOctober 7, 2015
i was working as a sale executive and also use to handle the store in absence of store manager.

Open the store and takes the opening report.
Working with the kids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 3, 2015
Helping the kids with the homework and doing creative things with them was a blessing. I love kids and they helped a lot with myself.
Okay Company
Manager / Training Manager / Center Manager (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Hold you accountable for things out of your controll
Don't care about the Management Personnal......you can have all the experience in the world and one day they just let you go!!!!! Even when it's not YOUR FAULT
I Love working here, there is such a fun postitive loving environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, get paid every friday
Cons: Not too many hours and not enough money
Customer service and making yourself available is the key to this job. There are other tasks in which needs to be done on the daily but task later customers first. Selling clothes and helping your customer pick out different styles is a day to day thing. You do have to hang and fold clothes everyday and keep the store clean.
typical minium wage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: close by area
Cons: not enough hours, poor management
this was the worst job i have ever worked at horrible work place, poor management, not enough hours at all although job was close by i was i would only get 2 days a week of work i do not under stand how any company could let a person have that many hours and get by paying bills!
Great team work
sale associate (Former Employee), California, cabazonJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Everyone get along. We all love each other like family.
Cons: Dress code
Working for van heusen can be stressful during holiday, depending on how many consumer comes in the store. Sometimes, within the day you have consumer who are rude and some that are not. However, you should not let that stop you from giving them a better day by just approaching them and assisting them on any help they need. Customer service has to be your first priority. Working in a team is always the best part with your co-workers. In this case you both get everything done and less stress to worry about. I have learned a lot from this job such as, customer service, cashier, floor set, return policy and many more. The hardest part of the job while i work here would be, asking donation. Sometimes when you are too busy you forget to ask donation that the company is helping out for. Management wise i believe i have done a lot of things to maintain a great partnership with this store and co-workers, beside being an actual manager. Most enjoyable part about this job is that all the co-workers get along and there is no problem between everyone. Great team work is always the key.
great managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lee, MAJune 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: closed early in the winter, wasnt able to work due to school
there was always stuff to do which is great makes time go by faster. great work place co workers are always friendly and fun to be around.
Great work place and employees
Sales Associate/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kittery, MEJune 2, 2015
I had an amazing experience working at Van Heusen. I was a Sales Associate when I first started then I started to train as a Floor Supervisor but I resigned from that position because I was working as a nanny and didn't have the time that I needed to fill the position. I stayed working as a Sales Associate and still got all of the hours that I wanted. I usually worked mornings from open-4 with either another sales associate and a store manager or a floor supervisor. There would be mornings where all four of us would be together because of like shipment coming in and needing people to get that done and floor sets done.
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: Deducted pay from 30min Breaks
Clear back room, Stock shelves, Fold clothes, pants. clear dressing rooms, Restock items from the back. sell merchandise and push sales as much as possible
A day at work
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 26, 2015
The job each day is very easy. it was enjoying to work with my coworkers and helping costumers. Each day was pretty much the same, the only things different was the costumers that came in each day.
Only clearance location on west coast
Assistant store manager (Current Employee), Primm, NVMay 19, 2015
Pros: great discount. great company.
Cons: High insurance.
Even though we are the only clearance location on the west coast, that doesn't stop us from making and achieving our goals. A typical day of work is customer servicing and replenishing the floor. I have learned a lot while I was here. From scheduling to recruiting it is all new and exciting.