The principals of the company have over 40 years of design, survey and construction experience primarily for highway, mining, and infrastructure projects. We are currently seeking Surveyors to join our Lower Mainland team.
- Manage and perform field surveys
- Liaise with Project Managers regarding budgets, timing requirements, priority and survey methodology used;
- Liaise with the client field representatives and land owners;
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in the formats required by the drafting department, Project Manager and Land Surveyor;
- Review field and office procedures regarding survey matters;
- Work safely and abide by the Van Bower Construction Services Safety Program.
As the successful candidate you:
- Are ideally a graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics and/or have experience in legal surveying in a variety of related disciplines (oilfield wellsites and pipelines, cadastral surveys);
- Have a valid driver's license and can provide a clean driver's abstract;
- Have the ability to use and adapt to the latest survey equipment and software;
- Have received training and hold valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS safety training;
- Have experience with the use of ATV's, snowmobiles and chainsaws;
- Are willing to travel and work away from the home office area for up to 21 days at a time;
- Will satisfy pre-employment drug and alcohol screening requirements as necessary.
- Experience with 3D machine control