Road Service Technician
Van-Centre Forklift is seeking a road service technician to maintain and repair a variety of forklift and other material handling equipment. Daily duties include but are not limited to driving a company provided service van between customer sites, repair of material handling equipment (forklifts, electric or gas, skid steer trucks, and dock plates), ordering parts, and maintaining customer equipment both electric and gas.
Hours will be Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Wage is based on experience.
Van-Centre Forklift is an independent forklift repair facility; we offer our employees full benefits, a positive and fun working environment and the ability to advance within our organization. We strive to provide our customers with the service that they have come to expect from a large dealership with the rates and personable experience that come from being independent.
A successful candidate will have all or most of the following credentials
- 3 or more years’ experience working in the material handling field as a mechanic
- Automotive or Heavy Duty Interprovincial Red Seal or equivalent experience
or 3rd/4th year automotive or heavy duty mechanic
- Good customer relation skills
- Working knowledge or better of Microsoft Windows 7, and related programs
- Clean driving abstract
- Class 5 drivers licence
- Willing to continue with education to stay current with new material handling platforms
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Self starter
- Good working knowledge of electric forklifts
- Excellent working knowledge of gas forklifts
- Able to lift 45 LBS
- Willingness to advance within our company
this posting closes June 7th