Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Good job environment
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL21 February 2018
I went into this job with minimal experience working on cars and I was immediately welcomed with open arms and was taught hands on everything I needed to know and was helped whenever it was needed. Advancement was easy and was a great job.
Pros
Free food, discounts on services
Cons
Dirty, hot oil
Fast-paced work with little to look forward to.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA20 February 2018
Typical day includes clocking in and trying to be ready for anything, including no warning about your schedule changing drastically. While you can learn a lot during your time here, not only about working on vehicles but also about management and other higher positions, the compensation and work/life balance simply isn't there. The management expects perfection at all times while not providing adequate time or tools for you to meet those expectations. This is further worsened by having no set or determined time for you to properly train and be able to improve. The tendency for management to change the schedule with no prior warning to anyone is perhaps the most difficult thing to deal with. That and keeping up with what is going on from higher ups who seem more interested in threatening to fire someone than provide feedback or adequate training. At the end of the day the job itself could be enjoyable, especially if you already like working on vehicles. The enjoyment is unfortunately hindered by the total inability to have any semblance of work/life balance available.
Pros
Typically great people to work alongside, customers can be fun and engaging throughout your day.
Cons
No reliable schedule, no guarantee of lunch time or breaks in the day, almost overbearing emphasis on sales.
great job, poor management
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OH15 February 2018
expect 12 hr work days
off by 7pm on weekdays
off by 5pm on weekends
great benefits
good pay
ins and outs of cars
fast-paced days with no breaks except lunch break
extremely hot in summer/cold in winter
Pros
great pay and benefits with nights off
Cons
poor management and not alot of hours
This was one of the most fun jobs i ever had
Senior technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI14 February 2018
A fun job that i hated to leave. Only left for higher wages. This company really was a team oriented environment. Considering that it was a small privately owned shop, the pay and benefits we actually pretty good.
Pros
great team, fun and pleasant working conditions
Cons
ever-changing scheduals
Fun fast paced work enviornment
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CA14 February 2018
Great place to work. All staff is helpful and ready to aid in anything you may need. Management is great and offers growth opportunities at every level of employment. 401k plan matches to the dollar!!!! And benefits are also great.
Fun family atm8
Manager (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OH, Chillicothe oh13 February 2018
Great job, great company. Great future. Recently split off to become own company. Was apart of Ashland chemical. Good training, some great leadership, also some bad leadership.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MD 2070713 February 2018
I have enjoyed my time working with Valvoline instant oil change, there is plenty of room for advancement. I wish the pay was more competitive with other lube center competitors.
Definition of teamwork
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC12 February 2018
It's definitely a job where teamwork with your coworkers makes or breaks your shop. Good teamwork leads to a good day of work and customers are satisfied. Really easy to do if you put the effort into it.
Pros
Half off all services, easy advancement
Cons
Low pay
I Loved Valvoline.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Allston, MA11 February 2018
My team and I made the best out of everyday I worked at Valvoline. It was very fast paced but with everyone working together, time flys. It’s a greasy job but it’s fun, it can be frustrating at times but u can’t let things get to you.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
You can get very dirty
Fair place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL10 February 2018
You had goals that you needed to hit monthly and it was a great place to work never to late at night you were there as manager sundays off had family time

Want to know more about Valvoline Instant Oil Change?

Ask a question
Good company, Bad Management
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA9 February 2018
Most of my days consisted of coming in and immediately change into my uniform and start working on vehicles. You learn a lot about different brands and how to get the job done very quickly. It's a quick lube shop which means I only worked on the basic up keeps on vehicles. I received great training modules that are easy to understand, especially if you are a mechanically inclined person. However, Just like usual, I've constantly ran into issues with management. Mainly the Store Manager who was young and horribly inexperienced. It was hard for me to continue to work at such a place when you run into problems with your paycheck, setting up your health insurance, or getting the training finished because of lack there of in leadership. I loved the company and the work, but when you deal with such problems as I have, you have to move on. I recommend anybody who wants to get into this industry to consider Valvoline. Keep in mind though to make sure you work locally and not 45 minutes out because if you were to work for a team of managers as I have, they can make or break whether you can even afford to work there. Hopefully this information can help.
Pros
Free lunches, Great benefits, Great people
Cons
Poor management
So energetic, motivational.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, OH8 February 2018
I have had jobs that paid more and jobs that required less movement. BUT!! VIOC was one of the best places i have ever been employed !!! They are the most motivational company. Even if was having a bad morning going into work. The team and the management had always made my day better and i was always eager to work. Iwould gladly work for VIOC in the future. Their training is on point an easy to learn.
Pros
competitive training. great attitudes
Great experience.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC8 February 2018
I had a great experience working at valvoline. It was a nice job with great co-workers. We all worked as a team to get the job done right, but quickly.
Valvoline
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MD4 February 2018
good place to work overall. poor scheduling at some locations makes it difficult to have work/life balance, co-workers are great, team-oriented, fun to work with
Fast Pace Garage
CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY2 February 2018
Learned Open/Close procedures
Learned Customer Sales/Services skills
In charge of Inventory Management
Good group of employees
Management was rotated constantly
Pros
Good Job experience
Cons
New manager every 3-6 months
stepping stone
Senior Tech/Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT1 February 2018
great work place fora stepping stone,pay rate is too low for the amount of work that has to be done poor management,i started off doing oil changes as a tech and moved myself up to a senior tech and than moved on to be an assist.manager,typical day cash out customers open and closed store,manager on duty,also train techs,always maintain clean up shop and supervise the store also did inventory finalize recon and drop off deposits to the bank made employee schedule received orders and made sure what came and what did not very great work place for starters unless you want to retire with the company but benefits are not up to my standards hardest part of my job was supervise new employees and maintain store goals daily
Great culture and positvity
Lead customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KY1 February 2018
Valvoline was a great company to work for. I left the company due to needing higher compensation. I would recommend this job to any high school or college students.
"It's Valvoline Oil"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 January 2018
Your employee attire is perfect for year around. Winter was my favorite, no wind sneaking up under the car. I learned most importantly how to maintain my old car.
Awful place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY31 January 2018
I can't speak for how it is at a corporate Valvoline but at the franchise in Buffalo, NY called Buffalo Lube Associates you would be better off working the streets and be treated better than working there. They will tell you over and over that it isn't a pressure to sell job but if you don't sell you will be demoted or fired. If you can sell then you will get to become a part of their clique. Where you can do anything you want and not get fired. Oh and benefits? They sure do have benefits but forget about getting a paycheck at the end of the week because the prices of their benefits packages are ridiculous for health care. Vacation time? Sure they have those too but unless you are one of the favorites forget about using any of that vacation time because they won't sign off on it. Also if you like to be overworked like a mule and paid barely minimum wage then be my guest! They will promise you advancement and then never give it to you. They have a training program set up but they never have a full staff to be able to properly train you so they will throw you onto the floor and then when you can't get it you will be fired. If that's still not enough for you then just wait until you meet management because you will be in for a real treat. The only enjoyable thing about the job is the 30 minute lunch they give you where you can go in your car and be away from everything.
Pros
You learn a lesson on how to detect poor management before taking a job
Cons
Poor healthcare, poor management, benefits, lack of training, favoritism, low wage, empty promises.
Any Valvoline except 1898 Airline Dr. Bossier City, La. 71112
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LA31 January 2018
I am not angry with Valvoline per say....I am angry with the people Valvoline has in positions who should not be there. I performed my duties well....and NEVER had a write up. Then something happens with a vehicle and I am made out to be the one at fault, when the Asst. Mgr. and Mgr. should be the ones at fault. As a result, they lied on me to keep their jobs, which ultimately cost me mine. How do you NEVER have any write ups and end up terminated? Valvoline has great company benefits. They just have people with poor managerial skills in the wrong position. All Valvolines are not the same...the one on 1898 Airline Dr., Bossier City, La. 71112 is the one that I will NEVER recommend anyone to apply for a job at. Even the Area Manager is not a good person. So it would be hard to excel there. Maybe choose a different store and different area if you want a fair chance at success.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
Manager at 1898 Airline Dr. Bossier City, La.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.