Valspar Corporation

Valspar Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work for!
Territory Manager (Current Employee), MichiganSeptember 2, 2014
Valspar is a great place to work for! Every day is different, from presenting to a multi chain corporation, conducting a day long training for 50 to setting a store. The best part of my job are my relationships with my customers and distributor representatives.
A great place to work at
Finance Manager - International FP&A (Current Employee), MinneapolisAugust 29, 2014
The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global coatings manufacturers in the world, providing coatings and coating intermediates to a wide variety of customers. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality, and the best customer service in the coatings industry.
Territory Manager
sales Rep. (Current Employee), Houston ,txAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: micromanage..
This company Micromanage everything you do..report after report and is very management heavy I hate this job... Stay away...
Some nice pros but lots of negatives
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lunches, car, expense account
Cons: to reactive rather than proactive, consistantly making themselves look good at expense of the people actually doing the work, too many other issues to list.
Fast paced ever changing day. Management wants schedules, sales plans etc. but they don't mean anything because company is reactive rather than pro active. Good co workers, upper management is not with it.
This job used to be good but now it is unbearable!
Good job to have if your able to adapt to some physical work
chemical technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 12, 2014
Pros: bounses and luncheons for safety and production during on time performance
Cons: sometimes you really have to suit up safely to perform the job
I have found batch making to be a great job if you apply yourself carefully
Never typical as my position was ever evolving
Manufacturing Support/Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: i feel this job opened a lot of doors for me
Cons: i worked in a manufacturing plant without windows for five years
I started as an Admin answering phones and the such, took over HR for a period, taking applications, panel interviewing, going over benefits and compensation with new with employees. Once they hired a HR Manager I went on to work creating the chemical routings for daily orders, and ordering materials for the batches our workers would make for powder – more... orders. Worked with MSDS sheets and I was given the opportunity to take any classes that would benefit me in my job, paid for by the company with the EmployersAssociation of Charlotte and Purdue. This was when I was given the opportunity to take over ISO documentation which was my primary job and I loved it! This position taught me a lot, I learned the importance of detail, time management, I learned to work without supervision and the feeling of accomplishment when our plants passed their ISO Audits. I throughly enjoyed this aspect of my job. I may have not gotten the proverbially pat on the back but when I was responsible for keeping our ISO Certifications, I was fulfilled. – less
Long hours, very labor intensive, dusty, high-turnover
Production Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great pay, rotating schedule, benefits
Cons: high turn-over, long shifts, labor-intensive, dusty
Management is somewhat disorganized. The picture they paint to you at the beginning is not the reality. This place has high turn-over because of poor management, and lots of politics. The work is hard. If you get a line operator position, plan on being wet almost every day you go to work. Not fun during the cold months especially. Breaks are ok, but – more... can be short. Pay is decent. This facility produces dust, so plan on being dusty from head to toe almost every day. – less
Decent Company
Territory Representative/Vendor Lowes (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Pretty good company. The headaches can come from many layers of management and you are at the mercy of Lowes.
Up and down business
Quality Control Inspector/ Material/Machine Op. (Former Employee), N Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2013
Pros: insurance, employees became good friends
Cons: 12 hour shifts but never knowing how many days a week we would work
Morale seemed to remain very low there, suspect management, very questionable decisions made,
Great people
Territory Manager Wisconsin (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2013
Great work life balance. Job security is the only dislike.
Managing your own territory and customers is fun and you are really your own boss
Very small company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: hard labor work
Small company but a very strong bond amongst shifts. Valspar was a powdered paint company, unfortunately went out of business.
Team Work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2013
The great thing about working for that company was that we had great team work skills, when it was time to have to push out more due to a heavier work load we came together and got it done.
Financially stable company with expanding name recognition
Lead Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: group outings
Cons: sometimes working 5 different start hours in the same week
Providing solutions to customer's problems in a fast paced call center. I learned that in order to solve the really difficult problems, being flexible works better than using a singular approach.
The management was transitory, The co-workers were great, independent minded, and fun to work with. They required very little supervision.
The hardest aspect – more... of the job was listening to customers who were elderly and destitute, requiring help that I could not provide.
The best part of the job was our group outings – less
Trust
OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Chicago, IlAugust 14, 2013
I learned that I was people friendly because I was the first point of contact to the customers. I also learned about invoicing and paying bills. The individual I reported too gave me opportunities to work on big projects and trust my ability to do my job and go beyond. This was a temp position as well that I enjoyed being a part of.
Okay job. Good pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Garland TXAugust 12, 2013
I was worried that the fumes were hazardous to my health. The work was good, but you couldn't work without subjecting yourself to chemicals and fumes.
Worked there a long time ago
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 7, 2013
Worked in different areas of the facility. Long long time ao
An over two hundred years old company, rooted in the present with an eye on the future.
Lead Credit Account Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNApril 9, 2013
Each day we found ways to say yes to our customers. An account in arrears was an opportunity to collect the funds, resolve any issues, and solidify our relationship with them. During my tenure with Valspar, I increased my capabilities, while serving the Sales, Credit, and Finance departments.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMarch 22, 2013
I worked for several different departments during my time there and I enjoyed the variety. Learned many new things, the people where great to work with. But there were too many lay offs and no job security.
Excellent people, excellent workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2013
Compensation and benefits are above average. I enjoyed working for Valspar. Everyone is friendly, there is a get it done attitude and low levels of politics.
Corp Min
contractor (Former Employee), MINFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: highschool clicks
Spent sometime there as a consultant, the sourcing group is managed like a highschool. Millions of dollars are missed while there is NO structure. Was so glad to get out of there.