Valpak

Valpak Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer service and sales agent
Inserter (Former Employee), Orleans, ONDecember 29, 2013
It is a fun work as you see many different faces all the time. It is a pleasant atmosphere as people are travelling all over the world either on business or pleasure. The hardest part of the job is when things when wrong...for example, bad weather causing delays and cancellation of flights. People are usually in a good mood because they enjoy their – more... trip to the destination of their dreams. – less
hate this place. dont work there
Offset Printing Press Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
management is the worst, except for the H.R. dept. nobody is worse than them
Sales - Incompitent franchise owners - Baibridge Island/ Silverdale/ Port townsend
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Bianbridge Island, WA - Olympic PeninsulaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: it is a dying medium- we wont have to see them in our mailboxes soon
Cons: nobody wants to buy valpak because the product fails businesses
Most companies, business owner, do not see the need for Valpak - it has become a joke! So has the owner of Valpak franchise in Bainbridge island area who does it for the Olympic Peninsula. Hard to be successful when business owners share how many times the owner of the franchise has lied to the local business owners - He lies to the business owners – more... every step of the way when it comes to selling. He is creepy and does not understand personal boundaries!!
He does not know how to sell it and does not, at all, listen to the customers needs - he has grossly burned your audience!!!!
This as a dying form of advertising. this can be seen by all of the National brands stuffed in there, accompanied by a dramatic fall in local business participation, in the packs and also, that the company started going after the digital media such as SEO and SEM - the sales teams do NOT know how to sell this medium at all and therefore the franchise owner, would render himself useless in being able to help you sell it. You will have a difficult time selling Valpak on the Olympic Peninsula because the owner has lied or misled businesses grossly through his franchise- it would be very difficult trying to sell this dinosaur in today's market - business owners are much savior and know that these products are not financially responsible for them - it will be VERY difficult to make money trying to sell this product(s). – less
Sales Networking
Sr. Sales Executive (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 11, 2014
Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. is the number one provider of cooperative direct mail and digital marketing services in North America. Solutions including SEO, SEM, SMS, Email, Mobile, Saturated (Blue Envelop, A shared advertising space/envelop) and Non Saturated Direct Mail (Solo mail customized campaign) from a local, regional, and national – more... level. – less
Productive and fun
Collation Process Technician (Former Employee), ST PetersburgJune 20, 2014
Pros: we were appreciated by our employer
Cons: we had to work standing up all 8 and for the first two years 12 hours a day.
I was responsible for identifying possible errors or problems and taking prompt action to correct them.
Working with different people from different countries, team work in a factory with over 500 people.
My co-workers were very helpful and fun.
When you are surrounded by nice people nothing it's hard.
We were appreciated by our employer.
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, PAMay 12, 2014
I am very happy that I chose to complete my first internship at Valpak. My boss was very encouraging and great to have as a mentor. I gained experience in inside and outside sales. I attended meetings and spoke with several business owners to try and close deals. The hardest part of the job was trying to get past gatekeepers to reach the point of contact. – more... I enjoyed trying to overcome the challenges and the opportunity to meet so many new people. – less
Fast-paced work environment servicing internal and external customers along with team building. Hard work, but rewarding.
Advertiser Content & Design Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Largo, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: company celebrations such as birthdays, holidays and national customer week. benefits were (health coverage, pay, advancement opportunities) were a plus.
Cons: overtime could become excessive during peak periods of operation.
Daily responsibilities were completing time keeping for employees, assessing work volume, tracking work for meeting deadlines, assisting employees with technical problems, work questions or personal conflicts with other employees. I also handled calls from franchises for more information, complaints or special requests. I worked with 7 other supervisors. – more... We shared experiences and helped each other resolve employee issues and/or technical problems that arose. We had different strengths that gave each of us the opportunity to help each other grow and take care of the needs of the business. I especially enjoyed the time spent with employees and helping them overcome challenges that were holding them back. I assisted them with personal growth as well as working with them on team dynamics. As a result, team quality and productivity improved. I also enjoyed working with the franchise offices and understanding their needs and what support they needed to help them run their business. It helped me see how my role and the role of others affected our customers and our ability to provide alternative solutions to every day problems. The most difficult part of the job was addressing employee performance issues. Some instances were a matter of the employee not being a good fit for the job. In other instances, the employee was able to improve and become a stronger part of the team. – less
Valpak is a good company that makes the effort to treat their employees right.
Process Technician (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: small production bonus once a year.
Easy access to work instructions and regular progression twice a year for the first two years and beyond if you choose to advance beyond company requirement.
Highly technical and challenging
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 16, 2013
I worked 7pm to 7am nights were very busy, alot of equipment 10 acres under roof. Co-workers were the best part of the job. Management never seemed to be on the same page, and they appeared to be top heavy with management. It was a new facility with state-of-the-art machines AGVs, Robots, ASRS storage systems very interesting. Hard to remember everything.
Life as Intern
Marketing Research Intern (Current Employee), Largo, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: a google culture
Cons: n/a
I was a marketing research intern at Valpak. I have learned a lot in research world. The management team is great and are always supportive.
a well respected company that provides a measurable marketing program
President/Owner (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
Pros: well recognized brand with a reputation of dependability and high quality
Cons: not having full coverage of north american, made it a challenge to meet the needs of some advertisers
the Valpak network has proven to be a solid well respected company providing promotional programs for thousands of businesses across North America,

it has been a great company to be associated with over the years, working with the Corporate entity as well as the 200+ franchisee offices is very satisfying
Worst experience EVER, NO support, BROKEN promises, WORTHLESS
Account Executive (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: i didn't have to sit in an office!!!
Cons: micro manager, no database, no book of business, no room to excel, manager didn't know how to build an ad, no i.t. staff on hand yet we were suppose to be internet company, no corp support
Upon being hired I was told I would be "given a book of business". That was a lie! I should have known..there was NO database. NO computer system. THAT's right NO management system. They did EVERYTHING w/ manila folders and hand written notes!!! The office was an absolute MESS! Folders EVERYWHERE..and if they weren't there...they were in the trunk of – more... the ONLY reps car (when I say only reps car) it was the only rep that was left after all the others left, or got fired!!!

The turnover in San Diego was overwhelming. They had 3 reps in one part of San Diego in less than 4 months. The customers couldn't keep up! Therefore they didn't want to buy advertising or cancelled their contracts...so how are you suppose to make money as a sales rep? $30K a year and 6% commission..can't live on that in San Diego!!!

The Manager did nothing but talk about other reps when they weren't in the office, crack offensive jokes, micro manage us and write lengthily emails to us telling us how we should be doing our job, but yet tell us that this is an outside sales job! When we would be out in the field he would text us constantly asking us "Where are you", "What are you doing"....he LOVED to micro manage!!!

The San Diego franchise is a MESS, don't waste your time in applying all they want you to do is go in there to clean up their mess. They have no database, or way to keep track of their customers. Their senior rep wants to control all of San Diego as well as control YOU! She thinks she is helping you, but she is just easing her way to get to know your accounts so she can eventually take them when you get fired!

Don't waste your time, effort or energy....

PS-The health insurance stinks too...and dental insurance you don't get for a year!

No I am not bitter for getting laid off... – less
productive for me and a fun working environment
business development (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: 8-5 good hours and liked being independent with my job.
Cons: no 401k
Did extensive research every morning before I went on the phone as one of my major duties was to set appointments for all the sales reps. I liked my job and enjoy the aspect of being the rock as the reps referred to me as on a daily basis-meaning holding the sales dept together with motivation.
Dependable, successful sales person
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: trust and a good, respectful working environment
Cons: limited market/opportunities for expansion
- Visit existing clients to maintain accounts.
- Visit prospect clients to open new accounts
- Knowing the mission and vision of the company, as well as all the products/services offered are the basic yet fundamental ingredients for a good salesperson.
- Respect, accountability and teamwork are essential for successful results.
- The hardest part of – more... the job, is probably the one that when achieved, brings the most satisfaction. Rejection is never easy, but being able to persuade difficult customers to listen to your presentation and being able to close the sale is very motivating and encouraging. – less
Fair experience
Regional Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 9, 2013
Excellent management , only the best of the best learned alot of skills that i take with me to this day
Energetic atmosphere where you could incorporate fun
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Largo, FLJune 18, 2013
Pros: free on-site screenings, great benefits
I can say everyday day was a different day. Yes, you had your normal daily duties but you also had the unexpected. My first and foremost part of my job was to help the employees with any benefit issues and concerns they had.
I enjoyed providing assistance to our employees and vendors and learned a lot about people and about what's important. To balance – more... work and family is very important. I had the opportunity to work with some great co-workers and have always learned new skills along the way.
The hardest part of the job was there was never enough hours in the day. You could always do more. One of the things I found most enjoyable was meeting and helping employee's so that they either understood their options or gained knowledge. – less
One bad manager and difficult work environment
Sales executive (Former Employee), Charleston WVMay 18, 2013
Cons: no benefits or expense reimbursement
Only do this if the owner is kind & motivational! Trust ur gut. Ask all the questions up front. Be sure it is not a dictatorship.
Bad employer
Sale (Former Employee), New yorkMay 6, 2013
This is a low moral company that act as they are a good one. Work harder, less respect, discriminated, day to day is a miserable day.
No body cares about employees or anything like that. This is suck company
Great Sales & Marketing Company
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 12, 2013
A typical day of work with Valpak included sales and marketing of our advertising services. I learned the difference and importance of different advertising methods. The hardest part of the job was the cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them achieve their revenue goals.
Hard Work, No Pay, Less Support
Sales Representative (Former Employee), AtlantaFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: there are other cox properties that know how to treat their employees
The work is hard, the pay is nominal, and the support from management is minimal, employee morale is dismal and cut-throat. The owner of this franchise is an arrogant egomaniac with tantrums and fits of foul language.Give him a few drinks and he an "Human Resources Nightmare", if you know what I mean, ladies.