Valmont West Coast Engineering (VWCE) is looking to expand our team! VWCE is currently seeking 2 individuals for the position of Welder 3 at our Delta, BC location for both our day and evening shifts.
WHY CHOOSE VALMONT?
VWCE has been in business since 1977 and is an industry leader in steel and aluminum pole manufacturing for governments, cities, towns, ports, airports and a host of other end user customers. We have manufacturing facilities in Ferndale, Washington, Delta, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Barrie, Ontario.
Valmont is also recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered support structures and coatings services for infrastructure, and water management for agriculture. Valmont manufactures products that are good for people and our planet. Our products help people around the world live better, more productive lives and in a safer environment.
We grow our business by leveraging our existing products, markets and processes. We have a company-wide commitment to customer service and innovation, and the ability to be the best cost producer for all products and services we provide. We recognize that out employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments and pride ourselves on being people of passion and integrity who excel and delivery results.
- Extended medical/dental and RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive compensation structure with bonus
- Employee referral program
- A fun atmosphere to work in
Valmont West Coast Engineering designs and manufactures steel structures for the support of lighting and traffic fixtures. This position operates various types of welding processes: (GMAW. FCAW, SAW, and Air Arc cutting torch gouger). This position will report to the Plant Supervisor and be working with the Foreman. Work is to be performed to the quality standards for the particular job at hand, as well as respecting our Quality Management System.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant welding experience
- Minimum requirement is CWB weld tickets in FCAW / GMAW flat
- Ability to interpret drawings, work orders, welding processes, materials, and other documentation associated with production
- Strong mathematical capability and layout skills
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- Sense of urgency with excellent attention to detail.
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work environment this is a great opportunity for you!
Consider VALMONT. It can be your next STEP!
For more information please visit our website at www.wceng.com