DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
Valmont West Coast Engineering, the world leader in the design and manufacture of steel structures for the support of lighting and traffic fixtures is currently seeking a well-qualified Outside Sales Representative to join our team in Barrie, ON. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and the National Sales Manager.
This position requires experience in the lighting pole industry, knowledge of lighting outdoor applications and relevant steel and aluminum pole product knowledge. The primary role of this position includes outside sales to government agencies, contractors, agents, OEM and end user customers.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in electrical distribution, outdoor lighting, or electrical contracting.
- Extensive travel no less than 50% in the field
- Proficiency with MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel Applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Assist in identifying and attend all trade shows that will provide Valmont West Coast Engineering with the maximum exposure for the resources spent
- Determine value added from Sales Agents and make recommendations accordingly
- Identify all competitive agents within the assigned territory
- Assist National Sales Manager in preparing detailed territory sales forecast and set sales goals for Independent Sales Representatives in assigned territory.
- Provide timely sales trip reports for each sales trip listing contacts and potential projects with projected start dates
- Resolve assigned territory and market disputes between Independent Sales Representative to the satisfaction of all parties
- Assist customers and specifiers in project/job specifications
- Introducing new products in a sales setting
- Coordinate and conduct annual Agent training and support factory training sessions
- Support customer service and inside sales
- Analysis of monthly/yearly sales for agencies trends
- Meet or exceed the annual assigned territory sales objective
- Promote the Valmont West Coast Engineering line to all market segments including: utilities, municipals, electrical engineers, land planners, landscape architects, electrical contractors, commercial developers, residential developers, and wholesale distributors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here reflect those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms to push and pull product.
- The employee regularly is required to walk, talk, climb stairs, sit, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or bend.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Indeed - 20 months ago