Valmont West Coast Engineering (VWCE) is looking to expand our team! VWCE is currently seeking an individual for the position of Production Supervisor at our Barrie, ON location.
Why choose Valmont?
VWCE has been in business since 1977 and is an industry leader in steel and aluminum pole manufacturing for governments, cities, towns, ports, airports and a host of other end user customers. We have manufacturing facilities in Ferndale, Washington, Delta, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Barrie, Ontario.
Valmont is also recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered support structures and coatings services for infrastructure, and water management for agriculture. Valmont manufactures products that are good for people and our planet. Our products help people around the world live better, more productive lives and in a safer environment.
We grow our business by leveraging our existing products, markets and processes. We have a company-wide commitment to customer service and innovation, and the ability to be the best cost producer for all products and services we provide. We recognize that out employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments and pride ourselves on being people of passion and integrity who excel and delivery results.
- RRSP with company match
- Extended medical/dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive compensation structure with bonus
- Various social events
- Employee referral program
- Spot recognition program
- A fun atmosphere to work in
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 years experience in steel manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years as Manufacturing/Supervisor experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel Applications
- Knowledge of Visual Manufacturing software Preferred
- 2-3 Years in Lean Manufacturing with a focus on heavy fabrication, (forming / welding).
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ensure the execution of the production plan through effective use of human and capital resources.
- Take a leadership role in promoting and attaining production target levels.
- Support strategic improvements to all production operations.
- Take a leadership role in the development, implementation, and delivery of such initiatives.
- Review, interpret, and make recommendations based on the following:
- Production reporting into Visual.
- Attendance verification.
- Accident / incident reports.
- Communication meetings summaries.
- Health & Safety issues.
- Corrective actions to address non-conformances.
- Support a continuous Quality Improvement mentality on the floor, yielding better processes, reduced waste, and increased throughput.
- Knows, understands, trains, and enforces all company policies.
- Knows, understands, and enforces the Occupational Health and Safety Act mandates, as outlined in its publication
- Provides leadership, direction, encouragement, and motivation to staff and peers.
- Ensures the efficient organization of the following:
- Operator / machine allocation.
- Health and safety protocols.
- Quality assurance initiatives, as part of their daily responsibilities.
- Training and familiarization of work practices.
- Production prioritizing to achieve build plan requirements.
- Coaching / praising / disciplinary issues, as they may arise.
- Uses team building techniques and associate empowerment to develop cohesive relations.
1. Staff, orientation, training, disciplining (as required) and ongoing development; responsible for establishing a motivated, flexible, quick-responding quality work force.
- Working knowledge of Quality Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and WHMIS.
- Ability to trouble-shoot production problems and offer solutions to ensure production (human and capital resources) lines are productive.
- In-depth understanding of the production flow process and appreciation of how one area and/or operation impacts another.
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- Sense of urgency with excellent attention to detail.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work environment this is a great opportunity for you!
Consider VALMONT. It can be your next STEP!
For more information please visit our website at www.wceng.com