Valmont West Coast Engineering designs and manufactures steel structures for the support of lighting and traffic fixtures is currently seeking a well-qualified Maintenance Technician to join our team in Barrie, ON.
Why choose Valmont?
VWCE has been in business since 1977 and is an industry leader in steel and aluminum pole manufacturing for governments, cities, towns, ports, airports and a host of other end user customers. We have manufacturing facilities in Ferndale, Washington, Delta, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Barrie, Ontario.
Valmont is also recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered support structures and coatings services for infrastructure, and water management for agriculture. Valmont manufactures products that are good for people and our planet. Our products help people around the world live better, more productive lives and in a safer environment.
We grow our business by leveraging our existing products, markets and processes. We have a company-wide commitment to customer service and innovation, and the ability to be the best cost producer for all products and services we provide. We recognize that out employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments and pride ourselves on being people of passion and integrity who excel and delivery results.
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work environment this is a great opportunity for you!
- RRSP with company match
- Extended medical/dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive compensation structure with bonus
- Various social events
- Employee referral program
- Spot recognition program
- A fun atmosphere to work in
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
Valmont West Coast Engineering, the world leader in the design and manufacture of steel structures for the support of lighting and traffic fixtures is currently seeking a qualified industrial maintenance technician to join our team in Barrie Ontario. The incumbent performs duties associated with maintenance of the manufacturing facility and ensures that all safety, environmental, and manufacturing rules and requirements are followed. This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
- Technical diploma/certification (relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education)
- 1 - 3 years of directly related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain industrial manufacturing equipment
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- Sense of urgency with excellent attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Strong electro-mechanical knowledge
2. Welding and fabrication skills preferred.
3. Strong attention to detail.
4. Ability to use considerable judgment to work independently towards team and department goals.
5. General computer skills in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are preferred.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to co-workers, supervisors, and employees from other departments within the division.
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Consider VALMONT. It can be your next STEP!
For more information please visit our website at www.wceng.com