Valmont West Coast Engineering (VWCE) is looking to expand our team! VWCE is currently seeking an individual for the position of Junior Accountant at our Delta, BC location.
Why choose Valmont?
VWCE has been in business since 1977 and is an industry leader in steel and aluminum pole manufacturing for governments, cities, towns, ports, airports and a host of other end user customers. We have manufacturing facilities in Ferndale, Washington, Delta, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Barrie, Ontario.
Valmont is also recognized throughout the world as an industry leader in engineered support structures and coatings services for infrastructure, and water management for agriculture. Valmont manufactures products that are good for people and our planet. Our products help people around the world live better, more productive lives and in a safer environment.
We grow our business by leveraging our existing products, markets and processes. We have a company-wide commitment to customer service and innovation, and the ability to be the best cost producer for all products and services we provide. We recognize that out employees are the cornerstone of our accomplishments and pride ourselves on being people of passion and integrity who excel and delivery results.
- RRSP with company match
- Extended medical/dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive compensation structure with bonus
- Various social events
- Flexible hours
- Employee referral program
- Spot recognition program
- A fun atmosphere to work in
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
This position requires the responsibility for providing support in accounts payable, payroll, and other accounting functions at the Delta, BC site. The candidate will report to the site Controller.
- CPM certified.
- Diploma or Certificate in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Canadian Payroll.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a clerical accounting position with a strong knowledge of the entire accounts payable process.
- Minimum 1 year experience with ADP Pay at works software or related payroll software.
- Minimum 1 year experience with an accounting ERP system.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel Applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- EZlabour software experience preferred
- Visual Accounting software experience preferred
- Union and multi-province experience
- Operate a computerized accounts payable system checking incoming invoices against purchase orders, purchase requisitions and goods received reports in accordance with established procedures
- Complete WCB, Pension, and L & I payment processing
- Process payroll additions, terminations, and changes for payroll benefits
- Reconcile Vendor Statements
- Coordinate wire transfers
- Process bi-weekly payroll; coordinate receipt of all timesheets from operations; ensure timesheets are properly approved and coded; compile report to ADP; compile coding report for review by Senior Accountant; prepare jounrla entries post payroll
- Enter details of invoices into the computer system, print cheques for payment, prepare supporting documentation for cheque signature, mail to suppliers; log and track invoices to facilitate timely approval for payment
- Perform routine calculations such as HST recovery / liability;
- Assist with HST, WCB and other government filings;
- Produce manual cheques when required;
- Respond to and resolve vendors’ enquiries;
- Maintain filing system including setting up of new files;
- Assist with any other duties and projects as assigned by the Controller and Senior
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work environment this is a great opportunity for you!
Consider VALMONT. It can be your next STEP!
For more information please visit our website at www.wceng.com