Oct 29th - Dec 7th ( $15.71 per hour )
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
Valmont West Coast Engineering designs and manufactures steel structures for the support of lighting and traffic fixtures. This position will be grinding welds, drilling, bundling poles, provide clean up. This position will be report to the Production Supervisor and foreman.
- Preferred experience in Manufacturing or warehouse
- Ability to use hand tools
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- Sense of urgency with excellent attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general instructions, directions. Ability to write simple reports or ideas.
2. Complete time card reporting in an accurate manner, comprehends employee evaluations and safety and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from shop personnel, managers, and customers
4. Ability to learn how to read and interpret construction drawings, fabrication drawings and general equipment technical drawings.
5. Ability to read and understand a tape measure and do simple arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers. Understand the imperial and metric system.
6. Must use considerable judgment to work independently toward individual and department goals.
7. Responsible for keeping work areas clean, orderly, and free of hazards.
8. Responsible for the proper use and care of tools and equipment.
9. Wear required PPE and follow all facility safety rules.
10. Perform all other duties as requested by the Plant Supervisor and Foreman
All duties stated above are completed in coordination with the Plant Supervisor and Foreman.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here reflect those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of scheduled shifts.
- Must be capable to climb stairs, bend at the waist, twist, climb, stoop, stand,
walk, grasp, pull, and push
- Lifting up to 50 pounds, group lifting of 75 pounds
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected production effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and welding smoke and fumes.
2. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration, and uneven walking surfaces.
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
4. Very high noise level due to grinding and air arc gouging, hearing protection required.
5. The position requires regular overtime including weekend work on a regular basis.
6. Employees must wear safety glasses at all times, steel toe work boots, and ear protection.
7. Exposure to weather elements