Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Basement and C-sections
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2016
From Natural birth delivery to C-sections amazing experience also down in the basement to organize and set up trays and wrap and peel pack ready to sterilize
Pros
Amazing experience
Cons
A little far
Just an intern, not an actual employee.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 19, 2015
Did not for this hospital, only finished my internship there. Almost everyone was very helpful, nice and friendly. Did work with several sonographers and all of them help me a lot, learnt most of the stuff that they never teach you in the school.
productive work place
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 18, 2015
There is a great room to grow for experience wise. Supportive management. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful I learned a lot from colleagues. there are always expansion to grow in a career .
Pros
Free meals
fun, efficient, professional,and healthy environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 30, 2015
on a daily basis we greet customers as they walk in and out. log them into the system as attended appointment ,get their vitals taken prepare them a room for the doctor to see them and set them in prepare them with any intstructions of procedures that will be proceed. aware the doctor that they are ready to be seen, assist the doctor in any assistance they might need ,log down everything that the patient said and the proceedures that where taken .sometimes if blood draw needs to be collected we do so and we tell the patient when to expect the results and give them an appointment for follow up if needed. I enjoy my job well its amazing the friendship u make with ur coworkers and doctors.
Pros
working with other team work
Cons
n/a
Very friendly, supporting department.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 10, 2015
It is a great place to work. The manager is very supportive and understanding. The co-workers work well together and as a team.
Pros
I've been there for 8+ years and know the environment
Cons
I'm only there per diem
Sad stories to share.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 18, 2015
Coworkers amazing.
Place, dirty, filthy.
Management, poor.
ER, you hear nurses often cursing each other, Doctor graveyard does not care for patients at all. Wounds are sent home after an hour of being admitted.
Its insane.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
everything else
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 30, 2015
Valley presbyterian Hospital is a great workplace with manageable scheduling which is a big plus. Worked at the Med-Surg/Oncology Unit. Census can be high with less staff that can lead to work overload.
A great place to work.
Stationary Steam Engineer, General Maintenance. (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 8, 2015
A fantastic place to work. Friendly and well trained staff. A typical day at work is fun, interesting and full of surprises. You'll find the CEO on the floor shaking hands and talking to staff members.
There is no hard part to my job. I know what I have to do and I go do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work every day and never knowing whats goingto happen.
Pros
very happy and satisfied staff. a great place to work, very friendly peiople.
Cons
no cons
time
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2015
a typical day at work while employed for a hospital is never typical lots of challenges and every day is a learning experience, overall good coworkers, great environment, lovely people.
Salad Days
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 6, 2015
This was my 1st Cardiology position. It was such a fun time, learned so much from so many. Great place to work back in the day. Made some lifelong friends.
Pros
Type of work
Cons
See above
Productive and fun work
Patient Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Van NuysJune 18, 2014
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the manager to deal with. I asked IT to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Patient Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime.
Pros
free pizza
Great environment
Volunteer for Escort Office, Discharging (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 22, 2015
I love to work here it fun and exciting, gives you and experience for what a medical career would be like. Great co-workers, friendly people.
Pros
free food
10+ years, no opportunities
Ancillary Area (Former Employee) –  Van NuysNovember 9, 2014
As a dedicated employee, I had one promotion within my department. Eventhough I had earned good evaluations and a BA degree, each time I applied for a position in the financial arena, I was passed over. My co-workers did not work as a team and instead of making the department better, they slandered each other. The head of the department was uneducated, volatile, a gossip, made bad choices, and had everyone do his work, but good at the politics. Promoted those who were obsequious servants. Laid off many managers that they didn't like, no matter if they did a good job. Fortunately, this boss is leaving soon. HR dept. was incompetent, hardly had anyone from administration visited the dept and did not seem to support us. However, the benefits were very good and employees in other areas were friendly. I'm so glad I have moved on and should have done that sooner.
Pros
short distance from home
Cons
politics
LVN Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 2, 2013
Worked in ER and Urgent Care. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and I certainly learned alot over the years. The management was fairly balanced, there was a big turn over of ER managers.The hardest part of my job was the unpredictability, some days could be good and other days you felt like, I've had enough of this place.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of my patients and knowing I did the best job possible.
Pros
close to home, 12 hour shifts 3 days a week
Cons
staffing issues, over worked and responsibility was too high.
Very fun volunteering experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 28, 2012
Working at Valley Presbyterian Hospital was a great experience when I was in high school because it showed me how responsible I will have to be when I work in a hospital. Working at Valley was also great because I was able to meet people there who are looking to pursue dreams just like me. I also loved to help the people in the hospital because doing good deeds like helping the elderly and sick can do nothing but put a smile on your face. I enjoyed volunteering at Valley Presbyterian Hospital and I hope the best fort them.
Pros
free lunches, meet new people, helping the ill
Cons
nothing that i did not like
antepartum department is very friendly and teamplayers
Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 30, 2013
overall is a good place to work and make new family friends. Management is not all organized yet, but trying. But i have learned a lot in that department and to other departments i have worked. Its taken me to think of doing more maybe like becoming a register nurse.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
most of the time we dont get a full lunch break and hardly get our 15min breaks
Amazing learning opportunity and experience!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 28, 2012
Every day I would help out the Nurses on duty, or physicians, assist in the patients needs, lab runs, discharging patients, etc. I learned how to manage working in a fast pace environment, while being under pressure at times. The people I worked with were always helpful and explained the procedures that I was Unfamiliar with. The hardest part of the job at times was leaving the patients that you bond with knowing that you most likely wont see them again. Forming trust with the patients feels so good because they depend on you and making them feel better gives me happiness. That is also the most enjoyable part of being in the medical field. Knowing that you have helped someone with life threatening situations keeps me motivated.
Pros
free lunch
Nice place to work at
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys,CAMarch 9, 2015
Check in. make sure rooms look clean and ready for patient examinations. Do portable runs during the morning shift and special pocedures during afternoon
Pros
free lunch
Cons
difficult patient care
excellent volunteer opportunities
Operating Room & SPD volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 27, 2013
I learned that regardless of your employment experience and education you're likely to get hired if you know someone who works in the field you're trying to enter. Other than that, it's an awesome opportunity to gain healthcare experience on your resume.
Pros
lunch is free
Cons
your social worth is determined by your badge. if you're not a doctor you're nobody; very immature
great place to learn
Medical Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 8, 2013
learned so much everyday seeing and being in many different situations with various types of patients who really appreciate a volunteers help i got to see many different situations around the hospital dilivering specimens and working with patients translating for spanish speakers, overall a great expirience.
Pros
great learning expirience.
Cons
only a temporary position