Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Just an intern, not an actual employee.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 19, 2015
Did not for this hospital, only finished my internship there. Almost everyone was very helpful, nice and friendly. Did work with several sonographers and all of them help me a lot, learnt most of the stuff that they never teach you in the school.
productive work place
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 18, 2015
There is a great room to grow for experience wise. Supportive management. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful I learned a lot from colleagues. there are always expansion to grow in a career .
Pros
Free meals
Very friendly, supporting department.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 10, 2015
It is a great place to work. The manager is very supportive and understanding. The co-workers work well together and as a team.
Pros
I've been there for 8+ years and know the environment
Cons
I'm only there per diem
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 30, 2015
Valley presbyterian Hospital is a great workplace with manageable scheduling which is a big plus. Worked at the Med-Surg/Oncology Unit. Census can be high with less staff that can lead to work overload.
Sad stories to share.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 18, 2015
Coworkers amazing.
Place, dirty, filthy.
Management, poor.
ER, you hear nurses often cursing each other, Doctor graveyard does not care for patients at all. Wounds are sent home after an hour of being admitted.
Its insane.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
everything else
fun, efficient, professional,and healthy environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 30, 2015
on a daily basis we greet customers as they walk in and out. log them into the system as attended appointment ,get their vitals taken prepare them a room for the doctor to see them and set them in prepare them with any intstructions of procedures that will be proceed. aware the doctor that they are ready to be seen, assist the doctor in any assistance they might need ,log down everything that the patient said and the proceedures that where taken .sometimes if blood draw needs to be collected we do so and we tell the patient when to expect the results and give them an appointment for follow up if needed. I enjoy my job well its amazing the friendship u make with ur coworkers and doctors.
Pros
working with other team work
Cons
n/a
time
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2015
a typical day at work while employed for a hospital is never typical lots of challenges and every day is a learning experience, overall good coworkers, great environment, lovely people.
Salad Days
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 6, 2015
This was my 1st Cardiology position. It was such a fun time, learned so much from so many. Great place to work back in the day. Made some lifelong friends.
Pros
Type of work
Cons
See above
Great environment
Volunteer for Escort Office, Discharging (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 22, 2015
I love to work here it fun and exciting, gives you and experience for what a medical career would be like. Great co-workers, friendly people.
Pros
free food
Nice place to work at
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys,CAMarch 9, 2015
Check in. make sure rooms look clean and ready for patient examinations. Do portable runs during the morning shift and special pocedures during afternoon
Pros
free lunch
Cons
difficult patient care
A great place to work.
Stationary Steam Engineer, General Maintenance. (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 8, 2015
A fantastic place to work. Friendly and well trained staff. A typical day at work is fun, interesting and full of surprises. You'll find the CEO on the floor shaking hands and talking to staff members.
There is no hard part to my job. I know what I have to do and I go do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work every day and never knowing whats goingto happen.
Pros
very happy and satisfied staff. a great place to work, very friendly peiople.
Cons
no cons
cool palce to work
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2014
work life is a majority of the time around professional people who offer the best care, you feel like your with a family other than being around a bunch of strangers and team work is awesome at this facility
Pros
lifestyle, pay, experience
Cons
people are not whom they seem to be
GOOD HOSPITAL
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 29, 2014
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT PAY WELL FOR THE WORK ONE INVESTS.
Pros
bonuses are good
Cons
no comments
great
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 21, 2014
big facility many OR running at same time great staff and doctors. fast pace facility with all types of surgery.
10+ years, no opportunities
Ancillary Area (Former Employee) –  Van NuysNovember 9, 2014
As a dedicated employee, I had one promotion within my department. Eventhough I had earned good evaluations and a BA degree, each time I applied for a position in the financial arena, I was passed over. My co-workers did not work as a team and instead of making the department better, they slandered each other. The head of the department was uneducated, volatile, a gossip, made bad choices, and had everyone do his work, but good at the politics. Promoted those who were obsequious servants. Laid off many managers that they didn't like, no matter if they did a good job. Fortunately, this boss is leaving soon. HR dept. was incompetent, hardly had anyone from administration visited the dept and did not seem to support us. However, the benefits were very good and employees in other areas were friendly. I'm so glad I have moved on and should have done that sooner.
Pros
short distance from home
Cons
politics
Great working environment
Acute Care Services Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 29, 2014
I have been working at Valley Presbyterian Hospital for almost 8 years now. I love working there. Everyone is friendly. Acute Care Services Management team is the best team ever. They really care for you and support all of us in growing professionally.
Productive and nice community
CPOE Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 14, 2014
This is a good place to work. There are nice dedicated people committed to giving the best service to their customers.
No longer around
customer rep (Former Employee) –  pacoima, caOctober 12, 2014
From what I know, GSI is no longer around. They were a great first job, but unorganized.
Very professional
Customer Service/Secretary ( Volunteer ) (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 28, 2014
A typical day would be assisting all staff members with any needs such as filing, patient care, running inside hospital tasks. I was able to get alone with anyone who i worked with.
Something different
Cardiology unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 26, 2014
Valley Presbyterian was the best experience of my life, I had so much fun working in a hospital you meet different people everyday and get to do what i like best.