Valley Presbyterian

Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sad stories to share.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: everything else
Coworkers amazing.
Place, dirty, filthy.
Management, poor.
ER, you hear nurses often cursing each other, Doctor graveyard does not care for patients at all. Wounds are sent home after an hour of being admitted.
Its insane.
fun, efficient, professional,and healthy environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: working with other team work
Cons: n/a
on a daily basis we greet customers as they walk in and out. log them into the system as attended appointment ,get their vitals taken prepare them a room for the doctor to see them and set them in prepare them with any intstructions of procedures that will be proceed. aware the doctor that they are ready to be seen, assist the doctor in any assistance they might need ,log down everything that the patient said and the proceedures that where taken .sometimes if blood draw needs to be collected we do so and we tell the patient when to expect the results and give them an appointment for follow up if needed. I enjoy my job well its amazing the friendship u make with ur coworkers and doctors.
time
Receptionist (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2015
a typical day at work while employed for a hospital is never typical lots of challenges and every day is a learning experience, overall good coworkers, great environment, lovely people.
Salad Days
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Type of work
Cons: See above
This was my 1st Cardiology position. It was such a fun time, learned so much from so many. Great place to work back in the day. Made some lifelong friends.
Great environment
Volunteer for Escort Office, Discharging (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: none
I love to work here it fun and exciting, gives you and experience for what a medical career would be like. Great co-workers, friendly people.
Nice place to work at
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys,CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: difficult patient care
Check in. make sure rooms look clean and ready for patient examinations. Do portable runs during the morning shift and special pocedures during afternoon
A great place to work.
Stationary Steam Engineer, General Maintenance. (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: very happy and satisfied staff. a great place to work, very friendly peiople.
Cons: no cons
A fantastic place to work. Friendly and well trained staff. A typical day at work is fun, interesting and full of surprises. You'll find the CEO on the floor shaking hands and talking to staff members.
There is no hard part to my job. I know what I have to do and I go do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work every day and never knowing whats goingto happen.
cool palce to work
food service worker (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: lifestyle, pay, experience
Cons: people are not whom they seem to be
work life is a majority of the time around professional people who offer the best care, you feel like your with a family other than being around a bunch of strangers and team work is awesome at this facility
GOOD HOSPITAL
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses are good
Cons: no comments
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT PAY WELL FOR THE WORK ONE INVESTS.
great
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 21, 2014
big facility many OR running at same time great staff and doctors. fast pace facility with all types of surgery.
10+ years, no opportunities
Ancillary Area (Former Employee), Van NuysNovember 9, 2014
Pros: short distance from home
Cons: politics
As a dedicated employee, I had one promotion within my department. Eventhough I had earned good evaluations and a BA degree, each time I applied for a position in the financial arena, I was passed over. My co-workers did not work as a team and instead of making the department better, they slandered each other. The head of the department was uneducated, volatile, a gossip, made bad choices, and had everyone do his work, but good at the politics. Promoted those who were obsequious servants. Laid off many managers that they didn't like, no matter if they did a good job. Fortunately, this boss is leaving soon. HR dept. was incompetent, hardly had anyone from administration visited the dept and did not seem to support us. However, the benefits were very good and employees in other areas were friendly. I'm so glad I have moved on and should have done that sooner.
Great working environment
Acute Care Services Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAOctober 29, 2014
I have been working at Valley Presbyterian Hospital for almost 8 years now. I love working there. Everyone is friendly. Acute Care Services Management team is the best team ever. They really care for you and support all of us in growing professionally.
Productive and nice community
CPOE Support Specialist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAOctober 14, 2014
This is a good place to work. There are nice dedicated people committed to giving the best service to their customers.
No longer around
customer rep (Former Employee), pacoima, caOctober 12, 2014
From what I know, GSI is no longer around. They were a great first job, but unorganized.
Very professional
Customer Service/Secretary ( Volunteer ) (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 28, 2014
A typical day would be assisting all staff members with any needs such as filing, patient care, running inside hospital tasks. I was able to get alone with anyone who i worked with.
Something different
Cardiology unit secretary (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 26, 2014
Valley Presbyterian was the best experience of my life, I had so much fun working in a hospital you meet different people everyday and get to do what i like best.
Lead Ultrasound Tech
Lead Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i had a purpose to make patients well being a little better
Cons: new imaging director with poor people skills
It was a joy to go to work every morning , and being comfortable knowing what I do best
Great place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: being with children
Cons: never having a full time position
I really enjoyed working at valley presbyterian hospital, i got a chance working with children working in the pediatric unit
Productive and fun work
Patient Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee), Van NuysJune 18, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the manager to deal with. I asked IT to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Patient Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Postpartum Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 17, 2014
Postpartum care for mother and baby, educated patients and families regarding; breast feeding, proper nutrition, well baby and mother exam and follow-up appointments.

1 2 3 4

Valley Presbyterian Photos

Valley Presbyterian Hospital (In laboratory)
Hospital in the heart of the valley
Liqiuitech install on hospital south side