Valley Presbyterian

Valley Presbyterian Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Something different
Cardiology unit secretary (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 26, 2014
Valley Presbyterian was the best experience of my life, I had so much fun working in a hospital you meet different people everyday and get to do what i like best.
Lead Ultrasound Tech
Lead Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i had a purpose to make patients well being a little better
Cons: new imaging director with poor people skills
It was a joy to go to work every morning , and being comfortable knowing what I do best
Great place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: being with children
Cons: never having a full time position
I really enjoyed working at valley presbyterian hospital, i got a chance working with children working in the pediatric unit
Productive and fun work
Patient Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee), Van NuysJune 18, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the manager to deal with. I asked IT to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Patient Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way – more... to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job
Postpartum Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 17, 2014
Postpartum care for mother and baby, educated patients and families regarding; breast feeding, proper nutrition, well baby and mother exam and follow-up appointments.
GREAT COMMUNITY HOSPITAL LOVE MY JOB
ADMISSIONS CLERK (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 30, 2014
I WAS FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS CLERK I LIKED HANDLING PATIENTS PAPERWORK DATA ENTRY I LIKE THE HOURS AND THE STAFFING TOO.
An excellent learning facility with various specialties.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: variety of specialties avail to the working ethusiast
Cons: pay (est.1999)
Non profit organization with a family-based working environment (est.1999). Great physicians and excellent Ortho group (SCOI)
Great Learning Experience
Cath Lab Nurse (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 23, 2014
Went from ICU to this Cath Lab job and they offered to help train me! Great experience! Still learning every day. I love the Cath lab and truly enjoy the rewarding experience of taking care of this patient population. Team work is very important to me and I enjoy working with people for a common goal, which is patient satisfaction.
A great place to work
Surgical Technician (Internship) (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 11, 2014
Valley pres is a great place to work and learn. You will enjoy the staff and the patients. Can't say I ever had a bad experience here.
very busy
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), van nuys caMarch 9, 2014
very busy hospital. you have to work in a fast paste and be able to multi task. All the STs in the GI lab and OR are great
Very loving, family oriented company,Looks out for the good of their employees.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 3, 2014
Very good experience working for VPH.Gained much knowledge from working there.
RN
RN (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAFebruary 9, 2014
This hospital offered me the exposure in my area's of nursing.
Nice People to Work with
Quality/Stroke/Coordinator (Current Employee), Van Nuys CaFebruary 5, 2014
Goo d place to work at. Positive environment. Would recommend.
Good Place to work!
Physical Therapist Aide/Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Valley Presbyterian Hospital is a good place to work and I appreciate their core values!
Worked on Peds as NA until getting LVN license in 1984, then con't to work on Peds as LVN until 1994, then went to float pool for 8hrs shifts
Nurses Aide (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with people/patients
Cons: looking for job closer to home, if possible.
Enjoy caring for patients, gave Meds & helped with procedures
fun place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CADecember 24, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
Not to easy to get an opportunity to grow. Seen other co-worker from other dpt had opportunity to move on to other positions.
Great place to meet great co-workers
Patient Care Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: employees, benefits
Cons: management
Nothing much to say but a great place to meet great Co-workers
busy hospital
Student Nurse Rotation
Student Hospital Rotations (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 11, 2013
In this hospital, I worked in the Labor and Delivery, Pediatrics, and Medical-Surgical Nursing
Assist Director of Women Service (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2013
Great place to work the employees are the best part of the hospital
Directed pathology and clinical laboratories with 750,000 tests per year and blood donor services with 1,200 drawn annually for a 380 bed acute-care m
Director of Lab & Pathology Services (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: excellent "not for profit " community hospital
Received documented accolades from The Joint Commission survey team in 2005 as oneof the finest f the 250 laboratories that they had audited.
Improved the turnaround time by 20 minutes on Emergency Department lab results. Established multi-disciplinary approach that streamlined internal systems without adding additional costs.
Decreased single blood – more... culture orders from 6.4% to 1.6% through clinical staff and physician education.
Cut urine contamination rates for obstetrical patients by 50% through standardizing collection containers, increasing the frequency of specimen pick-up, simplifying and adding bilingual instructions, and educating staff.
Played a key role in the implementation of new policies and procedures that insured all patients had proper identification armbands, improving compliance from 13% to 1% error. Changed organizational culture through physician and nursing staff education. – less

1 2 3