Valley Presbyterian

Valley Presbyterian Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: being with children
Cons: never having a full time position
I really enjoyed working at valley presbyterian hospital, i got a chance working with children working in the pediatric unit
Productive and fun work
Patient Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee), Van NuysJune 18, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the manager to deal with. I asked IT to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Patient Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way – more... to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job
Postpartum Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 17, 2014
Postpartum care for mother and baby, educated patients and families regarding; breast feeding, proper nutrition, well baby and mother exam and follow-up appointments.
GREAT COMMUNITY HOSPITAL LOVE MY JOB
ADMISSIONS CLERK (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 30, 2014
I WAS FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS CLERK I LIKED HANDLING PATIENTS PAPERWORK DATA ENTRY I LIKE THE HOURS AND THE STAFFING TOO.
An excellent learning facility with various specialties.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: variety of specialties avail to the working ethusiast
Cons: pay (est.1999)
Non profit organization with a family-based working environment (est.1999). Great physicians and excellent Ortho group (SCOI)
Great Learning Experience
Cath Lab Nurse (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 23, 2014
Went from ICU to this Cath Lab job and they offered to help train me! Great experience! Still learning every day. I love the Cath lab and truly enjoy the rewarding experience of taking care of this patient population. Team work is very important to me and I enjoy working with people for a common goal, which is patient satisfaction.
A great place to work
Surgical Technician (Internship) (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 11, 2014
Valley pres is a great place to work and learn. You will enjoy the staff and the patients. Can't say I ever had a bad experience here.
very busy
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), van nuys caMarch 9, 2014
very busy hospital. you have to work in a fast paste and be able to multi task. All the STs in the GI lab and OR are great
Very loving, family oriented company,Looks out for the good of their employees.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 3, 2014
Very good experience working for VPH.Gained much knowledge from working there.
RN
RN (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAFebruary 9, 2014
This hospital offered me the exposure in my area's of nursing.
Nice People to Work with
Quality/Stroke/Coordinator (Current Employee), Van Nuys CaFebruary 5, 2014
Goo d place to work at. Positive environment. Would recommend.
Good Place to work!
Physical Therapist Aide/Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Valley Presbyterian Hospital is a good place to work and I appreciate their core values!
Worked on Peds as NA until getting LVN license in 1984, then con't to work on Peds as LVN until 1994, then went to float pool for 8hrs shifts
Nurses Aide (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with people/patients
Cons: looking for job closer to home, if possible.
Enjoy caring for patients, gave Meds & helped with procedures
fun place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CADecember 24, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
Not to easy to get an opportunity to grow. Seen other co-worker from other dpt had opportunity to move on to other positions.
Great place to meet great co-workers
Patient Care Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: employees, benefits
Cons: management
Nothing much to say but a great place to meet great Co-workers
busy hospital
Student Nurse Rotation
Student Hospital Rotations (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 11, 2013
In this hospital, I worked in the Labor and Delivery, Pediatrics, and Medical-Surgical Nursing
Assist Director of Women Service (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2013
Great place to work the employees are the best part of the hospital
Directed pathology and clinical laboratories with 750,000 tests per year and blood donor services with 1,200 drawn annually for a 380 bed acute-care m
Director of Lab & Pathology Services (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: excellent "not for profit " community hospital
Received documented accolades from The Joint Commission survey team in 2005 as oneof the finest f the 250 laboratories that they had audited.
Improved the turnaround time by 20 minutes on Emergency Department lab results. Established multi-disciplinary approach that streamlined internal systems without adding additional costs.
Decreased single blood – more... culture orders from 6.4% to 1.6% through clinical staff and physician education.
Cut urine contamination rates for obstetrical patients by 50% through standardizing collection containers, increasing the frequency of specimen pick-up, simplifying and adding bilingual instructions, and educating staff.
Played a key role in the implementation of new policies and procedures that insured all patients had proper identification armbands, improving compliance from 13% to 1% error. Changed organizational culture through physician and nursing staff education. – less
The employees at Valley Presbyterian care about their patients.
RN II (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: none that i witnessed.
I would rather not write a full review because I was not present with the company long enough to comment.
VPH is a good hospital, Just don't get involved with the politics
Non Nursing Unit- Business (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: lots of employee recognition programs
Cons: politics with executive staff
VPH is a hospital with a lot of great potential. They are in the heart of the community. As a non-profit hospital, all decisions are made at the executive level. This is great, because you don't have to go through legal to start new projects/ endeavors.

The company has started to look at enhancing the company culture. They have a blog that the CEO – more... puts out and give you room to share your views.

The negative is that the company has a very divided executive staff. They don't work very well together. That division causes that many work on their egos instead of mission. Some opportunities for collaboration and enhancement are often passed up. The politics has really kept the company from reaching their full potential.

Sometimes working on a larger unit can be better, you have a manager, director and a VP. Working on smaller units, can be a plus or negative. If your VP really likes you, you can get their support and grow. But if they have a biased opinion, there is no room for growth and you can easily be dismissed regardless of your talents. My suggestion, avoid the politics. Getting to close to the top gives you a close up look at the internal politics, that can be very disheartening.

Your co-workers are awesome! They will be your rocks. They have some of the most amazing people that work there.

Work life balance is, so so so. It is easy to get sucked in to working overtime and taking work home. My best advice, set clear boundaries from the start. If you don't you will always be taking work home, and the more you give the more they will take.

The hospital does a lot for their employees, they have hospital picnics, employee recognition, and Christmas parties. They are also starting a leadership training. This is a plus.

The negative, is the hospital lacks resources. Reporting can be a challenge, marketing and educational materials are a challenge to get. Obtaining vital resources or having to go through multiple channels to get your resources can make your job twice as difficult.

This is a sink or swim job. So you have to be ready to figure out your resources fast. You also have to figure out how to get resources from people that are doing the very minimum at their jobs.

My suggestion, VPH is a good place to start, unfortunately you have to keep one foot in and one foot out. Over the last several years the company has experienced a high turn over. Both with executive staff, leadership and employees. This has been a trend for the last 6 years. Unfortunately, you wont find many tenured people. That's says a lot about the organizations commitment to employees. – less

1 2 3