Valley Geotechnical Engineering Services Ltd. is an incorporated company providing geotechnical consulting and materials testing services in British Columbia. The company was established in 1995 by our Principal Engineer and is located in Langley, British Columbia. Our team currently consists of engineers, technologists and technicians.
Our corporate goal is to provide quality engineering services to our clients in an efficient and timely manner by striving towards practical engineering solutions.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Technologist or Geotechnical Engineer (EIT) with a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized program. This position will involve working on projects ranging from small residential applications to large scale developments primarily in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. This position greatly emphasizes on interactions with fellow employees, consultants, contractors and the general public and will require a wide range of experience in the fields of geotechnical, civil, seismic, and materials engineering.
Background for an ideal candidate includes:
- a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- excellent hand written and verbal communication skills
- excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, GeoStudios and AutoCAD
- the ability to draft report and proposals
- excellent mathematical skills and organizational skills
- the ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- a driver’s license with a vehicle.
Responsibilities of the successful applicant include:
- conducting geotechnical investigations
- foundation bearing inspections
- site construction monitoring and quality control (including usage of nuclear gauge)
- soils testing (sieves, Proctors, and soils classification)
- drafting of design drawings
- assistance in design calculations including settlement calculations, slope stability review, hydro-geological review, shallow foundations and deep foundation design.
- assistance in report writing and report compiling.
We will offer a competitive wage for qualified individuals. A standard probationary period of 3 months will apply after which a full-time position will follow with a competitive benefits package.
Valley Geotechnical would like to thank all applicants for expressed interest in our firm; however, only candidates considered for interview will be contacted.